Your game plan for this summer?

#1 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

So, what games are you planning on playing this summer?

Plan to focus on some brand new games now you got the time for them?

Or do you have certain classic games you tend to play through every summer?

Or are you having a game free summer, focusing instead on your family and friends (as if!!!)?

Do share!

I'll be playing through Days Gone, and then another play of Spider Man (PS4). Also planning fresh play of Twilight Princess. And if I can afford it, a new console.

#2 Posted by Ovirew (9102 posts) -

I was planning on playing World of Warcraft Classic, but that won't happen until the last month of Summer.... So, I don't really count that.

I finally started playing a little game, oh maybe some of you've heard of it, called Skyrim... Yeah, late to that party, but I am loving it. I will probably play it a lot this Summer. I also might pick up Super Mario Maker 2, Bloodstained, and/or Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Probably one or two of those anyway. I guess I'm having a difficult time deciding, but anyway I have my hands pretty full with the Elder Scrolls now.

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
#3 Posted by GettingonwithGamingLife (255 posts) -

Bloodborne, Bloodborne. I am running the sweet chalice dungeons so I am going to spend summer doing that and also finishing Shadow of the Colossus. I have other games to work on too like Doom which I will hopefully be paying a visit, but first Bloodborne is a must.

#4 Posted by RSM-HQ (8540 posts) -

Bloodstained: RotN, CastleVania: collection, Splatoon 2, Devil May Cry 5, and some MH:W coop on the side.

*Had every intention to playthrough Ultima VII, a nice thread was made about the series a while back. However after a little over an hour playing with the game, came to the conclusion it's garbage. And not worth my time. I do not recommend the game.

#5 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2473 posts) -

Just picked up seven new games over the weekend on accident so I guess I'll be occupied for a while. They were:

- Mass Effect Trilogy (Never played before but I own Andromeda on PS4 so now I have them all!)

- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (I buy all things Persona)

- Bleach: Soul Ressureccion (I used to have it but I sold it and now it's like $100 on Amazon so had to get it back)

- Gundam: Mobile Assault (Another one I used to own that's hard to find these days)

- Dynasty Warriors 6 (Not a big fan of DW games but I got it at a pawn shop for $2 lol)

#6 Posted by Lembu90 (589 posts) -

Fire Emblem : Three Houses for me

#7 Posted by npiet1 (2475 posts) -

Well it's winter here, so that means it's almost my birthday. I'm finally getting the move controllers and getting 7.1 surround sound headphones from the family. So ill be playing VR a bit of the winter or at least until Wolfenstein comes out.

#8 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

Bloodstained: RotN, CastleVania: collection, Splatoon 2, Devil May Cry 5, and some MH:W coop on the side.

*Had every intention to playthrough Ultima VII, a nice thread was made about the series a while back. However after a little over an hour playing with the game, came to the conclusion it's garbage. And not worth my time. I do not recommend the game.

Ultima IX Ascension is a solid old skool wrpg, with visuals that still impress me. One of my fave wrpgs of all time. That's the only Ultima I'd recommend to everyone.

#9 Posted by Speeny (1881 posts) -

I'll probably play through the rest of the Rayman games. (Already beat 1...*pats myself on the back.*

#11 Posted by robert_sparkes (3234 posts) -

Catch up with the PS4 exclusives.

#12 Posted by Yams1980 (3569 posts) -

I'm gonna play through the games I already have on my hard drive installed. I got a big bunch. Then from there, decide if i should uninstall them.

I got a bad habit of starting games, but never finishing them.

#13 Posted by Blazepanzer24 (195 posts) -

Just enjoy me new but refurbished HP 2600 Pro and buy a lot of tv shows on dvd. Might pick up the SAO games on the PS4, but other than that...

#14 Posted by gopre (207 posts) -

Fallout 4 and Spiderman all the way.

#15 Edited by warmblur (2801 posts) -

Wolfenstein Youngblood and Man of Medan but until those game release I will just replay a bunch of games not sure which ones yet.

Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
#16 Posted by Simulator_Shock (1484 posts) -

I'm taking a summer class right now (my last one!) so I won't really have much time for playing vidya, but after my class ends I will try to sit down and actually finish BOTW since I've only been playing that game in chunks over the last year due to how hectic my life has been from juggling school and work.

Aside from that, I plan on building my badass gaming rig so I can play classic WoW this summer.

#17 Posted by VagrantSnow (365 posts) -

I recently downloaded the Tethealla server/client files of Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst. I played the game a ton back in the Dreamcast days and it remains one of my favourite games of all time but I never really bothered with Episode 2 or 4 due to sega making it subscription based. So my plan is to play through the whole game, every quest, every episode and maybe set it up as a LAN to pester my boyfriend into playing with me since he's never played it before.

#18 Edited by failyta (1 posts) -

@Ovirew said:

I was planning on playing World of Warcraft Classic, but that won't happen until the last month of Summer.... https://audacity.onl/https://findmyiphone.onl/https://origin.onl/ So, I don't really count that.

I finally started playing a little game, oh maybe some of you've heard of it, called Skyrim... Yeah, late to that party, but I am loving it. I will probably play it a lot this Summer. I also might pick up Super Mario Maker 2, Bloodstained, and/or Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Probably one or two of those anyway. I guess I'm having a difficult time deciding, but anyway I have my hands pretty full with the Elder Scrolls now.

#19 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4929 posts) -

Work on my backlog. Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, Mad Max, and MH:W. Also play Rocket League with a friend. And those are just my PS4 games.

#20 Posted by Ovirew (9102 posts) -

@failyta said:

Hi Failyta.

No, I don't have games that I replay yearly or anything like that. There's games I come back to and restart, yeah, but it depends on my mood and whatnot.

#21 Edited by RSM-HQ (8540 posts) -
@DEVILinIRON said:

Work on my backlog. MH:W

Best of luck cleaning up on that game, huge pool of free quests makes it not exactly short on content. And no real end outside of a loss of sanity. haha

Will say if you have a few friends to experience it with? That's the best way to play a Monster Hunter game. Wouldn't think of 'finishing' the game. That's just not how MH works, but once you've had your fill. That's when it's best to jump-off.

#22 Posted by judaspete (3073 posts) -

Finally got Breath of the Wild and suspect that will occupy most of my gametime this summer. Recently been playing Motorstorm: Pacific Rift again, so I'll probably keep that up as well.

#23 Posted by Peasly (345 posts) -

Still playing AC: Odyssey.. Maybe a replay of Horizon Zero Dawn..?

#24 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6850 posts) -

Gonna plat some games.

#25 Posted by heljar (136 posts) -

I'm really not sure. There's been very few new releases that interest me, so I've started replaying some of my old games and starting to run empty of replays I want to do. Control seems promising and maybe Man of Medan. I liked Until Dawn so I might buy it.

#26 Posted by robert_sparkes (3234 posts) -

My summer plan is to play and beat Xbox one: witcher 3

PS4: horizon

Both in my backlog for a year.

#27 Posted by CTR360 (8719 posts) -

I purhase Xbox one x 2 weeks ago i purhase ps4 controller yesterday iam fine i buy more ps4 and xbox games after summer

#28 Posted by johnd13 (9773 posts) -

I'd like to finish some of my recent purchases like Bastion, Journey and Hellblade. Also gonna be playing some online games with my friends such as Sea of Thieves and PUBG. Sadly, I only have a few days off work for the summer and most of them will be for vacations so I doubt I will be gaming excessively like past summers as a student. Those were the days.

#29 Posted by lucidique (580 posts) -

@gettingonwithgaminglife said:

Bloodborne, Bloodborne. I am running the sweet chalice dungeons so I am going to spend summer doing that and also finishing Shadow of the Colossus. I have other games to work on too like Doom which I will hopefully be paying a visit, but first Bloodborne is a must.

Just finished Shadow of the Colossus. That was a lot of fun.

I just picked the whole Uncharted series and I'm hoping to be done with the lot by summer's end.

Never played them before, and I'm about halfway trough the first game now.

Lots of fun.

Avatar image for adamlimbrent660
#30 Edited by adamlimbrent660 (12 posts) -

I want to go through this list https://bestgamingthings.com/call-of-duty-list-of-game-series/. What do you think about it?

#31 Posted by snakefhan (5 posts) -

Need to get back to DMC

#32 Posted by pillarrocks (1507 posts) -

Got Spiderman so plan on beating it. Heard great things about it plus it was on sale. Finish Uncharted 4, God of War, and Horizion Zero Dawn.

#33 Edited by zackmack (1 posts) -

PUBG

Apex Legends

Fortnite

GTA 5

#34 Posted by MarkoftheSivak (381 posts) -

Right now im working through Darkest Dungeon and Bloodstaind: Ritual of the Night.

#35 Posted by ratchet3 (7879 posts) -

The only one that has caught my attention has been WoW Classic. Hopefully there's some type of beta on any of the Halo games on PC. I'm not really too hyped about anything else that's coming out this year on PC.

#36 Posted by pero2008 (2969 posts) -

I'm going to try and platinum a few games, other games I'll probably just beat and sell the game because I won't be able to platinum them.

Avatar image for spiritofjustice
#37 Posted by SpiritOfJustice (11 posts) -

Whatever floats my boat.

#38 Posted by TomSharp (8 posts) -

I'm planning to get a Nintendo Switch and catch up on the Pokemon games as ive been missing out

#39 Edited by robert_sparkes (3234 posts) -

Catch up on PS4 exclusives and probably a switch lite and finally play Zelda.