Your favourite Nintendo 64 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Here are mine:

TLoZ OoT(Duh)

TLoZ MM

DK64

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Banjo Tooie

Super Mario 64

Pokemon Stadium 2

Pokemon Snap

SSB

Turok 2

Mario Kart 64

Excitebike 64

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts
From the ones I already have in my possession, I really like: - Banjo Kazooie - Diddy Kong Racing - Wave Race - Rayman 2 And I'm looking to add a lot more into that collection. I'll probably get everything out of what you listed, except maybe for Pokemon Snap and Excitebike 64.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Of the ones I owned/played, I'd say Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, Hey You Pikachu, Donkey Kong 64, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
Very hard list because I love so many, but I'll do a Top 12 Top 12: 1. 007: The World Is Not Enough 2. Rampage: World Tour 3. Cruisin' USA 4. Super Mario 64 5. Zelda: Ocarina of Time Tie for 6. Extreme G and Mortal Kombat Trilogy 7. Mission Impossible 8. Killer Instinct 9. Banjo Tooie 10. Rayman 2: The Great Escape 11. Pokemon Stadium 2 12. Perfect Dark Shout-outs: Mario Kart 64, Superman (yeah I liked it, so suck it up if you don't :P), NASCAR 2000,Wave Race, and War Gods
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Super Mario 64

Ocarina of Time

Super Smash Bros

yeah, I'm a mainstream pleb but to be fair, I don't have too much experience with the N64

shmuklidooha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 shmuklidooha
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts
Zelda, goldeneye, perfect dark, mario kart, mario 64, banjo kazooie, jet force gemini, turok 2... Those are the best, but in terms of hidden gems, i'd stick with robotron 64, mission impossible (probably due to my personal nostalgia), mystical ninja... Oh, and The New Tetris has got to be my favourite version of tetris. Besides this, a few rare japanese games like Bangai-O and sin and punishment are also pretty cool since theyre straight forward =P
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I'm not the biggest fan of the N64. So my list is gonna look a bit different than other people's list's, most likely:

1. Resident Evil 2
  2. Spider-Man
  3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series (just to prevent 4 separate spaces being used in this list)
  4. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
  5. StarFox 64
  6. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
  7. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
  8. Goldeneye: 007
  9. Super Mario 64
  10. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Conker, Paper Mario, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Stadium, Star Fox 64, Mario Tennis, Diddy Kong Racing, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, DK 64, and others I'm probably forgetting.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
super smash bros
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#10 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

Super Smash Bros. - Was my first N64 game, and so many hours have I spent playing that game, I still play it quite frequently, even after completing the game I'd spend tons of hours just doing matches and just finding cool ways to kick butt. Sometimes I'd just make a match and spend the whole match doing attacks and pausing to "make cool pose shots" :P

Mario Golf 64 - I don't even know what general opinion is on this game, but I know I love it, loved that one winter where I'd just stay some playing that game and unlocking new characters and stages, and trying to complete all challenges.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
If I had to make the smallest list possible I'd say: -Mario 64 -Wave Race 64 -Pilotwings -Goldeneye -Perfect Dark -Ocarina of Time -Blast Corps -Mario Kart 64 -Star Fox 64 -Super Smash Bros -Turok -Turok 2 -Star Wars Racer -Rogue Squadron (probably the only game here that doesn't hold up that well) -1080 Snowboarding -F Zero X
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
the one that doesn't have any input lag wait they all do

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]the one that doesn't have any input lag wait they all do

Yeah they don't. You're brain must be laggy.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#14 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Ogre Battles 64 was my favorite game. Paper Mario was second.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts

Mario 64
OOT
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Lylat Wars
Mario Kart
Goldeneye
Smash Bros
Pokemon Stadium
Mario Party
Yoshi's Story
Rogue Squadron

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]the one that doesn't have any input lag wait they all doHeirren

ur talkin to a guy who can outshaft fatal1ty

in fact i alrdy have

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#17 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time 2. Perfect Dark 3. Goldeneye 007 4. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 5. Gauntlet: Legends 6. Zelda: Majora's Mask 7. Pokemon Stadium 2 8. Star Fox 64 9. Super Mario 64 10. Pokemon Stadium
shmuklidooha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shmuklidooha
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts
5. Gauntlet: Legendsnintendoboy16
GL is an awesome game, especially for multiplayer, and it would be a classic if it weren't for the constant 'find the switch' parts, where the switch is hidden like it's nobody's business.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]the one that doesn't have any input lag wait they all doJigglyWiggly_

in fact i alrdy have

Lol@mlg.
Guovssohas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Guovssohas
Member since 2010 • 330 Posts

From the top of my head in random order;

Mario 64

Mario Kart 64

Goldeneye

Perfect Dark

Turok Dinosaur Hunter

Turok 2 Quake 2

Diddy Kong Racing

Banjo Kazooie

DK64

Blast Corps

Zelda OOT

Zelda MM

Duke Nukem 64

Star Wars SOTE

Mission Impossible

Bomberman 64

Lylat Wars 64

Wave Race 64

F-zero X

Rayman 2 The great escape

Probably forgot some.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] Yeah they don't. You're brain must be laggy.Heirren

in fact i alrdy have

Lol@mlg.

do you even lift but no i'm not kidding [spoiler]  he asked for my settings and this is FFA, I blow at FFA, . If we were playing 1v1 CA, he'd lose no doubt. But to be fair he is out of shape, not that I ever get out of shape. [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] ur talkin to a guy who can outshaft fatal1ty

in fact i alrdy have

JigglyWiggly_
Lol@mlg.

do you even lift but no i'm not kidding [spoiler]  he asked for my settings and this is FFA, I blow at FFA, . If we were playing 1v1 CA, he'd lose no doubt. But to be fair he is out of shape, not that I ever get out of shape. [/spoiler]

And? This doesn't have much to do with n64. You push a button and it does what it's supposed to do onscreen. You move the analog, and yep, it does what it's supposed to do onscreen. My only conclusion is that you used bunk controllers, as when they are abused--the stick loosens--the input of the slight nudges don't register as well.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]the one that doesn't have any input lag wait they all do

They do if you use the D-pad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]the one that doesn't have any input lag wait they all do

So now the dpad is laggy? Not a chance. Never had a problem playing KI:Gold, which I'm pretty decent at.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Yeah they don't. You're brain must be laggy.

So now the dpad is laggy? Not a chance. Never had a problem playing KI:Gold, which I'm pretty decent at.

Which the game didn't get a perfect 9.5 for the sole reason that the controls aren't instant like other fighters. KI is a bit slow you can't really deny that. The D-pad on many N64's no matter what seem to have some running start before actually doing anything. It's not that bad however, but it can throw you off. Now, what you two seem to be talking about is the analog stick, which has no lag, it's more of the games fault for them having lag than the controller. Also if you guys are talking about buttons, you both are crazy. Well, ok there are some games, but like I said, more the games fault than the controlers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] They do if you use the D-pad.

Which the game didn't get a perfect 9.5 for the sole reason that the controls aren't instant like other fighters. KI is a bit slow you can't really deny that. The D-pad on many N64's no matter what seem to have some running start before actually doing anything. It's not that bad however, but it can throw you off. Now, what you two seem to be talking about is the analog stick, which has no lag, it's more of the games fault for them having lag than the controller. Also if you guys are talking about buttons, you both are crazy. Well, ok there are some games, but like I said, more the games fault than the controlers.

Never had a problem with the dpad, sorry. And yes I agree there are situations where the games are poorly made, or however you want to phrase it.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StatusShuffle
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Heirren"] So now the dpad is laggy? Not a chance. Never had a problem playing KI:Gold, which I'm pretty decent at.

Never had a problem with the dpad, sorry. And yes I agree there are situations where the games are poorly made, or however you want to phrase it.

I wouldn't say poorly made, some games that pushed some of the N64's usage would have that problem as well, like OoT. If MM didn't use the expansion pack it would have been way worse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="StatusShuffle"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="StatusShuffle"] Which the game didn't get a perfect 9.5 for the sole reason that the controls aren't instant like other fighters. KI is a bit slow you can't really deny that. The D-pad on many N64's no matter what seem to have some running start before actually doing anything. It's not that bad however, but it can throw you off. Now, what you two seem to be talking about is the analog stick, which has no lag, it's more of the games fault for them having lag than the controller. Also if you guys are talking about buttons, you both are crazy. Well, ok there are some games, but like I said, more the games fault than the controlers.

I wouldn't say poorly made, some games that pushed some of the N64's usage would have that problem as well, like OoT. If MM didn't use the expansion pack it would have been way worse.

Yeah, I know. It's akin to slowdown in the 8bit/16bit days. Goldeneye with the sniper rifle is a good example. It's certainly there at times, but I felt the claim was outrageous. Mario64 has no input lag, along with many others. Back in the day we all just adjusted and didn't cry like little school girls about it. Outside of the Sniper rifle, I was able to control Goldeneye almost as well as I do Halo.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Lol@mlg.

And? This doesn't have much to do with n64. You push a button and it does what it's supposed to do onscreen. You move the analog, and yep, it does what it's supposed to do onscreen. My only conclusion is that you used bunk controllers, as when they are abused--the stick loosens--the input of the slight nudges don't register as well.

no i mean there is input lag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] do you even lift but no i'm not kidding [spoiler]  he asked for my settings and this is FFA, I blow at FFA, . If we were playing 1v1 CA, he'd lose no doubt. But to be fair he is out of shape, not that I ever get out of shape. [/spoiler]

Occasionally, perhaps. But really, quit whining, even a lot of classics like Super Mario World occasionally get it. By you logic, Mario3, Sonic, Metal Gear 1--3, Link to the Past, and many other greats are all bad games.
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#31 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Heirren"] And? This doesn't have much to do with n64. You push a button and it does what it's supposed to do onscreen. You move the analog, and yep, it does what it's supposed to do onscreen. My only conclusion is that you used bunk controllers, as when they are abused--the stick loosens--the input of the slight nudges don't register as well.

Occasionally, perhaps. But really, quit whining, even a lot of classics like Super Mario World occasionally get it. By you logic, Mario3, Sonic, Metal Gear 1--3, Link to the Past, and many other greats are all bad games.

But that's literally what he thinks, apart from Sonic, Nights and Klonoa.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] no i mean there is input lag

I'm confused, as those three have some level of lag at certain points. What I find odd is that he linked me to his monitor awhile back and it had a 5ms response time.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
Ocarina of Time Majora's Mask Mario Kart 64 Diddy Kong Racing Goldeneye Star Fox 64 Bomberman 64 Super Smash Bros. Those are the games I spent the best time of my life.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
Tetrisphere 64, better than any other version of Tetris IMO, and it really pains me they haven't brought this to Wii VC or made another for later consoles, though the company that did make it is out of business and maybe there's a rights issue that can't be resolved, that'd make sense to me. Closest thing to it is probably the very blatant rip-off "Shatter Crash" for the iPad.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="Heirren"] Occasionally, perhaps. But really, quit whining, even a lot of classics like Super Mario World occasionally get it. By you logic, Mario3, Sonic, Metal Gear 1--3, Link to the Past, and many other greats are all bad games.Heirren

I'm confused, as those three have some level of lag at certain points. What I find odd is that he linked me to his monitor awhile back and it had a 5ms response time.

input lag is not response time, the response time refers to how much the monitor ghosts

and no manufacture gives accurate numbers

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#38 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Mario Kart64

Mario64

Wave Race64

Road Rash 64

RogueSquadron

Golden Eye 007

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] Yeah they don't. You're brain must be laggy.Heirren

in fact i alrdy have

Lol@mlg.

o i actually did get wrecked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXwLk08WL98&hd=1 yes it's him, confirmed everywhere
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie Beetle Adventure Racing Blast Corps Diddy Kong Racing F-Zero X Goemon's Great Adventure Goldeneye Jet Force Gemini Mario Party 2 Mystical Ninja Ogre Battle 64 Paper Mario Perfect Dark Star Fox 64 Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Super Mario 64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] ur talkin to a guy who can outshaft fatal1ty

in fact i alrdy have

JigglyWiggly_
Lol@mlg.

o i actually did get wrecked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXwLk08WL98&hd=1 yes it's him, confirmed everywhere

What is this video and why are you posting it?
Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

Majora's Mask

Ocarina of Time

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire

Star Fox 64

F-Zero X

Major League Baseball featuring Ken Griffey Jr.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
Diddy Kong Racing Super Mario 64 Pokemon Stadium
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Rush 2

Mario Kart 64

Super Smash Bros

Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie

Super Mario 64

Glover

Goemon

Harvest Moon 64

Goldeneye

The World is Not Enough

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Star Fox 64

Blast Corps

1080 Snowboarding

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer

Shadows of the Empire

Pokemon Snap

Pokemon Stadium 1/2

Mario Golf

Mario Party 1/2/3

The list goes on. I have no favorite N64 games (other than Mario Kart 64), they are all equally amazing to me.

BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Super Mario 64 Donkey Kong 64 Banjo-Kazooie Goldeneye
doodle35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 doodle35
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
007 golden eye
doodle35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 doodle35
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
and tomarrow never dies
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
-Majoras Mask, a true classic.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
In no particular order, although Tooie is definitely #1. Banjo-Tooie Banjo Kazooie Donkey Kong 64 Mario Party Mario Party 2 Mario Party 3 Pokemon Snap Mario Kart 64 Diddy Kong Racing
dcps210go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dcps210go
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts

easy, i've grown to hate certain franchises actually...not only cus the story is ruined but because i suck at the game for some unknown reason..

Most recently liked and explaination:

Battlefield bc 2 - ever play chinese checkers or go? its like that fps style, fun fast and very tactical @times

C&C zerohour - not so great sometimes, but you can cheat and maphack, a poor man's chess

CS source - obviously its balanced and i grew up with it...but i like it because its made for violent fast gaming and headshots

Ghost recon 2 - besides for the cinematic scenes in 1 player, a good game and very easy to pick up. Controls feel natural. Wish it could be liek iraq style realism. played demo for a few years and recently bought.

Over-g - i love flightsims, this was the best for me..however its too realistic.

Batman asylum - enjoyed

Perfect dark zero - enjoyed

Mugen - havent played it for a while but it kind of sums up my fighting game history for the last 10 yrs, along with dreamcast, a slow pc and xbox 360 is my second bought console

Most hated

halo series - story went downhill, maps changed, too hard. Doesnt save. I beat it on legendary basically. it cant save that record though. no gaming points for me!

cs go - i bought this recently, check out my review to find out why its @best 78percent...another game with wierd stats..you lose when you win?!? Same with bf bc2 sometimes i noticed. and only god can use xbox 360 controllers without autoaim..only god.

ghost recon 1 (+mini-review) - great graphics, not so great AI. My teams AI does nothing. They 'squirrel' me sometimes. A term i coined up for when you run infront of someones scope or point of view, constantly. However the AI on the other team can track positions, headshot u from 1000s of yards away, duck cover and well act as the terminator gone rogue when youre in the area, basically. If i duck under a barrel, they will snipe me. Sometimes i notice head shots with machine guns at 1000 yards plus. They can or can not detect scopes, basically. The controls are similar to gwar 2 but also too slow, and frustrating at times. Sometimes a button function is expectable, but that's not going to change. Grenades are useful at certain intervals where u know where your enemy is. Expect to die at least four times on certain parts. Frame rate dips alot. Must be the unified ram thing...needs to be on gamecube or soemthing. Future setting works. The realistic movement is too slow, which puts you as an average amatuerish soldier instead of the pro fast and mobile super-soldier u get in graw 2. All-in-all both games are very similar so it is worth purchasing esp now. Currently playing so not really sure. Will let you know about the plot snf massive urban environments in future edits. Right now, i can say its def a change from its predecessor being more massive and detailed.

Past games

Seeing how i had dreamcast and Pc as i grew up, i would say...skies of arcadia. FF7, zelda oot, PSO, were my fav rpgs. The PC had those good sharewaregames like doom..and xwing. I followed the crowd, and went on to rainbow six series and complex realistic sims. Never had a real nack for racing games. I like realism. However I stuck to the doom style fps shooters like descent and stuff. Had xbox briefly, and liked. Splinter cell was fun however it lacked in games and game choices for me. Never cared to uprd pcs though. Sometimes played other consoles too which my bro had.

Loved fighting games and puzzle games like ssf puzzle fighter. Have a large dreamcast library. That's about it.

Consoles I never really owned

Everyone loved n64...i played alot fo mario kart, 007 etc. I also played a lot of mario 64, zelda oot, ff7 (see above), tekken series and twisted metal 2. Those games were addicting to me.