Your favorite Smash Bros characters to play as?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45397 Posts

I was actually pretty decent with Solid Snake lol. But I also liked Mario, Wario, Samus, Cloud, and Bayonetta. How about you, GD?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts

Good question, fun game with a group of friends, I've never taken the game too seriously though competitively.

Typically I lean towards- Pac-Man, King Dedede, Greninja, and Bowser.

One may think with me playing a lot of Tekken in the arcades I would like Kazuya or a Belmont with my love of CastleVania; nah. They don't translate well, and that's not a detriment to Smash Bros, Smash just functions drastically different to a 3D juggler focused Fighter.

Smash borrows a lot from the Kirby franchise with its mechanics, rooting back to Kirby of the Stars Super Deluxe.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8348 Posts

1. Mewtwo

2. Diddy Kong

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

It has changed by the entry, but I still resonate with past mains even if I do not play with them as much anymore.

Pikachu and Kirby for the N64.

Fox and Roy in Melee.

Mr. Game & Watch was a main in Brawl.

Mr. Game & Watch again in Wii U/3DS, but also loved playing as King Dedede and Duck Hunt in these entries.

For Ultimate Terry Bogard and Sephiroth won me over, and still Mr. Game & Watch because he had some sick updates to his moveset in this most recent entry. I also kick ass with Villager.

I also like to play in randoms so I get a chance to play and enjoy every character.

Overall though: the most consistent character I have come back to most consistently in the series has been Mr. Game & Watch.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16033 Posts

Captain Falcon is my favourite, followed by Jigglypuff. Captain Falcon is quite fast and powerful. He's got a mix of both. His weakness is that all of his attacks are close ranged. He doesn't have any projectile moves, like Link and Samus do. Jigglypuff can jump very far and can be devastating if you know how to use Rest. Her main weakness is that she's very light. It's not hard to KO her by sending her upwards (as opposed to KO'ing her to the left, right or below).

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7343 Posts

Bayonetta, Link, Marth and his echos, Captain Falcon, Palutena.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Cloud's my boy. Used to main Link from the first one all the way until Smash on the Wii U. Then he just became too slow compared to other better characters. Lost the edge.