Your Favorite Movie Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

The other day a couple of friends and I walk into a local Gamestop. Looking for some cheap games, we visited the bargin bin of used PS2 games and after 10-15 mins. of searching we found one that wasn't "High School Musical: Senior Year" (we found like 10 :P). That game was Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Remembering how awesome it was back in the day, I bought it along with Deadly Premonition. Later, we played co-op it was freaking awesome. The game holds up so well in my eyes.

So that leads to this question. What is your favorite movie game?

disneyanime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 disneyanime91
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts
X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It had awesome visuals and visceral action on par with the recent Ninja Gaiden games. Even as a DC Comics fan, it got me hooked from the moment I started playing it. Transformers: ROTF comes a close second; but that's only because I love Transformers. Otherwise it was a pretty average game, nothing to be excited about.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

The other day a couple of friends and I walk into a local Gamestop. Looking for some cheap games, we visited the bargin bin of used PS2 games and after 10-15 mins. of searching we found one that wasn't "High School Musical: Senior Year" (we found like 10 :P). That game was Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Remembering how awesome it was back in the day, I bought it along with Deadly Premonition. Later, we played co-op it was freaking awesome. The game holds up so well in my eyes.

So that leads to this question. What is your favorite movie game?

Rhino53

I loved RotK. I remember playing co-op with my bro on the fields of Dagorlad (the last mission of the game, ie, the gates of Mordor). It was awesome :D

I also like Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay (though it's not based on the actual movie) and Disney's Hercules (which was a great game).

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
this toy story 2 game I played when I was a little kid. Man it was the bomb back then. I don't think I ever beat it.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay is one of the greatest Adventure/Stealth/FPS games of all times, so i'll put that on top.

I also enjoyed playing Return of The King co-op with friends, the combat is solid, and its hella fun to play. (hard as all hell though, my God is it hard alone)

blahsalt48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blahsalt48
Member since 2010 • 208 Posts

I remember playing Aladdin on my SNES. It was awesome. (I was like 7) I haven`t played many movie games though. I have played Ridddick, but it isn`t about the movie. I used to have LotR: The Two Towers. It was the whole trilogy though, I never understood why it was only called the two towers. It was fun. I think I had that Toy Story game too when I was little. It was hard, to me, back then.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fend_oblivion

Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay is one of the greatest Adventure/Stealth/FPS games of all times, so i'll put that on top.

I also enjoyed playing Return of The King co-op with friends, the combat is solid, and its hella fun to play. (hard as all hell though, my God is it hard alone)

Lucianu

I had no troubles on the hardest difficulty. Just make sure you learn to use your combos properly and that you mix it up so that you hit Perfect quickly and slaughter orcs in one hit :) Also, practising the Orc Bane variants (ie, the one hit kill counters) puts you in Perfect mode instantly so learn to use that and the game becomes easy :)

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fend_oblivion

I remember playing Aladdin on my SNES. It was awesome. (I was like 7) I haven`t played many movie games though. I have played Ridddick, but it isn`t about the movie. I used to have LotR: The Two Towers. It was the whole trilogy though, I never understood why it was only called the two towers. It was fun. I think I had that Toy Story game too when I was little. It was hard, to me, back then.

blahsalt48

Actually, The Two Towers had parts from Fellowship of the Ring but not from the Return of the King. That was because the actual FotR game sucked.

I had Toy Story 2 too :) It was a fun game. Some sequences were a pain to beat, but it was fun :)

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Haha, absolutely loved RotK back then, might play it again. Other than that, Spider-Man 2 (for PS2, not the horrible PC port) remains to be my favorite movie game of all time and still is the best Spider-Man game I have ever played. Back then I thought playing as a superhero in a sandbox game was impossible, so I was quite pleasantly surprised when I got that game for my birthday.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers and Spiderman 2.

slevenJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 slevenJ
Member since 2009 • 651 Posts
Batman Arkham Asylum, if you consider it a movie based game. Chronicles of Riddick is pretty good too.
SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts

Spiderman 2 was awesome. X-Men Origins: Wolverine was great too, WAY better that the movie.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Spiderman 2.

blahsalt48
Aladdin is pretty good.
Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Spiderman 2 was awesome. X-Men Origins: Wolverine was great too, WAY better that the movie.

SonicX_89

Haha, I agree with X-men Origins. I actually saw that in theaters and I think I lost a few points from my IQ for doing so.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
im not a huge treyarch fan, but spiderman 2 had a good core of webslinging around new york. it never actually tells the story in a coherent manner and there could have been more mission variety, but it was still fun.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Lucianu

I have to agree on both of those.

Riddick is probably still one of my fav FPS games and return of the king was hands down and still probably one of the best Lotr games.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
Spiderman 2. [QUOTE="blahsalt48"]

BranKetra
Aladdin is pretty good.

agree with both alladin and spiderman 2. If their the games I thinking of.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

It's a toss-up between Stargate (SNES version), Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures, Super Return of the Jedi, Die Hard Arcade, and The Warriors.