Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Hello new and old Hunters of the Monster Hunter series

So for this thought I would form a list criteria, considering many monsters have come from five generations, and know full-well leaving out some favorites can be difficult-

Favorite Overall- A hunt you commonly enjoy as well as everything about it

Favorite Elder Dragon- Same as above but locked to the Elder Dragons

Favorite Generation Five (World/ Iceborne)- Locked to Gen 5 monsters

Favorite Challenge- Tough hunt but very enjoyable

and finally Favorite Flagship- Monster featured on the games cover (promotional)

If you are new to the series don't feel you cannot take part, repeats are allowed (as you'll see from my list below). Monsters are the star of these games regardless of generation, if you want to put Nergigante down three times? That's a'ok ツ

It's all for fun so keep that in mind. And happy hunting.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RSM-HQ

Favorite Overall- Zinogre/ Jin'ōga (Gen 3)

Favorite Elder Dragon- Kirin (Gen 1)

Favorite Genration Five- Bazelgeuse/ Bazerugiusu

Favorite Challenge- Fatalis/ Miraboreasu (Gen 1)

Favorite Flagship- Zinogre/ Jin'ōga (Gen 3) 'again'

*I tend to favor monsters that are visually stunning and really cause a scene with big AOE attacks.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ

Monster Hunter 15th Anniversary Size Comparison!

Capcom does these during every milestone anniversary and are always fun.

Loading Video...

Is relevant to the thread no-one commented on! Won't self-bump again promise ( ̄ー ̄;

. . . Perhaps the thread was a tad too intimidating/ demanding for this forum.

*Video was taken down so had to find a replacement.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Nerscylla needs more love.

Sorry for the short reply, but this needs some thinking..

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RSM-HQ

@Litchie: Like a lot of the fourth generation monsters, and Nerscylla made for amazing hunts, could easily picture her in The Rotten Vale as well.

However they'd need a unique skeleton to work in W/I. Though would welcome hunting the arachnid in the newer engine.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I never really thought about what's my favorite Monster but I can say the one that stood out for me in World was:

Namielle aka the elder dragon. Namielle was probably the coolest visually but surprisingly one of the weakest considering it's an elder dragon.

And that's all I have, sorry.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

I’ve only very briefly played the first game on the PS2 and Tri on the Wii so my Monster Hunter experience is limited just to World and Iceborne. My favourite Elder Dragon is Nergigante, a cool looking monster, great music, and just a fun and physical battle. I really like Vaal Hazak too, find him to be just a really cool looking design.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ
@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: I never really thought about what's my favorite Monster but I can say the one that stood out for me in World was:

Namielle aka the elder dragon. Namielle was probably the coolest visually but surprisingly one of the weakest considering it's an elder dragon.

And that's all I have, sorry.

I'm surprised you know of Namielle considering it's from the recently dropped Iceborne expansion, and was one of the few monsters not plastered in marketing.

Actually a very fun fight, would not call it extremely difficult but is one of the few monsters to have two elements and inflict duel blights in the fifth generation game. It's also one of the more tanky Elder Dragons.

Only downside I see is it shares a lot of animations to Vaal, who already re-appears with a stronger variant in Iceborne.

Its armor set is also based on Inklings from Splatoon. The Palico armor is my personal favorite in the game.

@Archangel3371 said:

My favourite Elder Dragon is Nergigante, a cool looking monster, great music, and just a fun and physical battle. I really like Vaal Hazak too, find him to be just a really cool looking design.

Nergigante is really awesome, always liked it since the public beta prior release. Vaal I always feel bad for, has breathing problems and think I'm doing it a favor putting the dragon down lol. Design for Vaal is very similar to Gogmazios in a lot of ways also, who is a fan favorite.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I had Iceborne Expansion since it release and been quiet discussing it cause I didn't want to be spoiled until now when you made this thread. Namielle fight was fun for me in ways.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: I had Iceborne Expansion since it release and been quiet discussing it cause I didn't want to be spoiled until now when you made this thread. Namielle fight was fun for me in ways.

Oh that's cool, considering last you mentioned not giving World a try must have really dove into the content to get into Master Rank. Suppose you'll be high enough rank to try the new event as well with Resident Evil 2_

Indeed, Namielle is a very spoiler monster honestly. A few months ago I wouldn't even mention it, suppose the name tells nothing. Was one of the two hidden monsters prior to launch of Iceborne. Along with a few in The Guiding Lands.

For those playing it on P.C. only don't look into it! It's a nice surprise monster worth being ignorant about.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Favorite Overall- Nergigante.

• This guy is the one I very regularly hunt and for testing new weapons. Nergigante and his Ruiner variant is just so damn fair fight. A fun one too.

Favorite Elder Dragon- amatsu-something

• Already put Nergigante so will put my next best which is Amatsu. He is pretty easy but damn the design is so cool. Vaal Hazak is really cool as well, punching bag elder though, good source for elder spiritvein gem.

Favorite Generation Five (World/ Iceborne)- bagel.

• Bagel is best boi.

Favorite Challenge- probably Iceborne tempered Lunastra

• I died to this fuken monster ultimate attacks more than I failed a quest in iceborne. Her tempered form is bullshit, wind negate does almost nothing and she can spam her supernova again just few sec after her first! Lucky my MR200 quest, Lunastra didnt trigger her supernova cause I probably will cart a lot there. Kushala armor bonus and astera jerky helps but I aint no coward, maximum attack!.

and finally Favorite Flagship- valstrax

• Only played demo but darn aint she cool.
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RSM-HQ

@sakaixx: Because of the end game grind Lunastra still remains among the most difficult but honestly I've gotten use to her tells and for a long time. My groups strategy includes fighting her in between zones to get good slide distance when she pulls off the super nova (considering you'll be fighting her 90% raged anyhow). She's also one of the best to grind for Great Spiritveins also, so find myself slaying her commonly_

Tempered Lunastra also cannot do two in a row but can build up after the first making it seem much quicker, only does it if left idle, considering one of her new animations in Master Rank is a build-up-state. Doesn't seem to do more damage over her non Tempered version, so it's more focusing on not taking serious damage before the big move goes off I suppose.

That MR 200 was much more challenging over the base games but fighting two or more monsters always results in all parties having far less HP. Add that with daily meal buffs and is still fairly manageable.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sakaiXx

@RSM-HQ: i just soloed most of the quest cause its easier to me. fighting luna melee solo without proper gear scares me but I am adamant of not making a gear specifically to counter her. Its either I fail the quest or I kill her first. She is pretty common on guiding lands if wasteland portion is high enough so I practiced with her quite some time. She is bullshit, more bullshit than anything I ever faced in my various monster hunter experience.

Her fire attack does extremely high chip damage and I never use windproof to negate her wind attacks ever so it all on me. Adamant to put all on agressive decorations.

Oh well, to platinum Iceborne I have to search and fight her for her size crown... Only the big crown for Luna, nighshade paulumu, zinogre and beotodus(I killed near 100 of this guy but always silver crown wtf) and gajalaka treasures left.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RSM-HQ

@sakaixx: Solo'd every hunt at some point just to see the difference and for when the groups not together as I'm not the biggest fan of randoms 50% the time. P.C. community further put me off randoms,

Yet I do play MH generally coop with a group of friends. It's just the way I roll. Just like being an invader in Dark Souls.

With that stated have a nice set and skills with Silver Rath armor when facing fire based monsters, so likely the reason she is never an issue.

For me the top challenges are-

Tempered Gold Rathian, Tempered Rajang (why no Furious though?), and Scarred Yian Garuga.

Tempered Lunastra and Tempered Savage Jho falls just slightly past these three which tend to have much more threatening movesets to my personal playstyles.

Eitherway, have fun hunts and we'll have to see who's added in December (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (my guess is Fatalis)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sakaiXx

@RSM-HQ: we have different problems and thats good, it all amount to our different playstyle . I have absolutely zero problems with tempered gold and silver rath, scarred yian garuga and tempered savage jho. Hunted them a lot especially yian garuga and jho as they are extremely common. Scarred yian garuga is the easiest of all to me, the minimum investigation is MR24 as well so capcom might be telling something.

I am actually more scarred of fighting normal jho than fighting savage jho.

About Rajang I still have mixed feelings about him. Old Rajang once you know his moveset he is quite fun as he has a lot of opening after his attacks but not the New world rajang. I either kills him effortlessly or struggled so hard and chugs a lot of potions.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RSM-HQ

@sakaixx: Very true, get ten Hunters together and they'll all have different banes. Someone in my group doesn't like fighting Brachydios, oh she's going to love Raging Brachydios then haha. .

Rajang is a funny one to me because in Iceborne considering the ranking I thought they would essentially have Furious after fighting the story one, who honestly was fun. Which a word I rarely use for that creature and its variants after my Apex experiences. Now Tempered hits hard but slows down fast and has openings, essentially making it similar to Scarred Yian without the venom.

Scarred Yian Garuga is very much a glass cannon, though my main issue is how quickly those tables can turn to the monsters benefit, and has a lot of options to turn that tide. Chop the tail and the hunt is as good as yours however. Partbreaker 3 makes a big difference in the hunt, a skill I honestly rarely use with both my dual blades or long swords.

Gold and Silver regular I think nothing much about, even Tempered Silver but the Gold Tempered is crazy fast and ultra aggressive; I can see why they patched it with the Rajang update. Though again I think it's the lack of Partbreaker that is making this hunt tougher on me personally.