Wolfgang133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wolfgang133
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

Right now my favorite is "Neverwinter" which is based on the Dungeons and dragons game.

BobTheHollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BobTheHollow
Member since 2017 • 70 Posts

I don't play MMOs anymore, but I used to love FFVIX and Guild Wars 2. I try some MMOs from time to time but never find anything interesting so. Neverwinter, I had some hype for it when it first came out, being a fan of the old Neverwinter Nights games, but that quickly faded into disappointment. I went back and tried it again a couple of times but honestly, it has everything that turns me off in MMOs and it brings nothing new to the table that could possibly hold my interest. I get the appeal that the MMO formula has on people, it just doesn't work for me.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@bobthehollow said:

I don't play MMOs anymore, but I used to love FFVIX and Guild Wars 2. I try some MMOs from time to time but never find anything interesting so. Neverwinter, I had some hype for it when it first came out, being a fan of the old Neverwinter Nights games, but that quickly faded into disappointment. I went back and tried it again a couple of times but honestly, it has everything that turns me off in MMOs and it brings nothing new to the table that could possibly hold my interest. I get the appeal that the MMO formula has on people, it just doesn't work for me.

Yeah, I tried MMO's for awhile, I'm back to single player games now. Video games are my little bit of time to escape from the world and people in general.

Wolfgang133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfgang133
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

@todddow I like singleplayer games myself. More so than multiplayer games. But the beauty of most MMO games is that you can play it solo (like Neverwinter) or do quests on your own. You will of course see many other players around you but you can just ignore them as part of the scenery like some of the inactive NPCs. MMO games also tend to get updated alot so there is always new content. Most of your singleplayer games tend to be a dead end deal. Once you played thru it then it's all over. There's nothing more to be done.

bondnguyen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bondnguyen21
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

It's MU ONLINE from Webzen, since about 10 years ago. Now, they've just released MU LEGEND but i fell its not the best game!

breadwarrior20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By breadwarrior20
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I'm looking forward to play Black Desert Online, but for now my Fav is Tera Online

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

@breadwarrior20: Hey dude, they're all coming to mobile too. I think next year.

Maryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Maryer
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

I played Neverwinter, I play path of exile game now, POE 3.1 is coming soon, you can try this game. But it is a video game :)

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#9 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

I really like Waframe. It's a bit more action oriented than your traditional MMO game, but it has the frequent content updates and even recently introduced open world sections.

it is also free to play, and pretty easy to recommend.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Star Wars: The Old Republic. People sometimes dump on it for not been a true KotOR 3, but the truth is it's still a good, fun single player RPG, with a solid PvP element.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#11 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11654 Posts

Dragon's Dogma Online, but it was still a bad follow-up to Dark Arisen.

Came back for Season 2 and still found myself dissatisfied.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

Probably Star Wars: The Old Republic, but towards the end I was just playing it for story, not so much the MMO aspects; it is the closest we are going to get to KOTOR 3, and I am actually OK with that because I really, really enjoyed the stories (Imperial Agent FTW!) in SWTOR. I was a subscriber, too, so I didn't get all pissed about the really shitty F2P mechanics :P

Although WoW was pretty great, and I spend years playing that. It was the first MMO I spent a lot of time with.

Honestly, though, the MMOs I miss are the ones that are dead or did not last long: I would have liked to see Tabula Rasa find footing and still be a contender today. Auto Assault was a lot of fun but that game did not last long at all. Westwood Studios (RIP) also made an MMO called Earth and Beyond which was simply incredible for the time, man I miss that game.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

I think it's either Eden Eternal or Cabal Online. Sad to say, I no longer play these games anymore because I want to focus on SP games.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#20  Edited By Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

Runescape

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Guild Wars 2 is the only MMO I've spent any significant time on.

Skrydis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Skrydis
Member since 2017 • 17 Posts

My favorite is Tree of Savior. Too bad it's not being managed well and a huge amount of players had already left.

felipresunto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 felipresunto
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Ragnarok Online old times

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 RedAlert539
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

I've stoped playing MMOs a while back but the best by far for me(and one of the best games i've ever played) was City of Heroes. What a unique game by MMO standards. Great experience.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

My favorite, by far, is Star Wars Galaxies. No other game has better systems than that game had. Best crafting system by far and best space simulation and combat by far. It was completely sandbox so everything was player-made. Even the infamous combat upgrade was fine since it didn't affect crafting or space combat. It only affected PVP, which is a niche community anyway. Jedi were rare and hard to unlock, so when you saw a player Jedi, it was actually a magical experience. I could talk for days about the shipwright crafting profession, smugglers and space combat. You had player-made personal housing and player cities that were actually governed by a player mayor that required a politician profession.

Frosty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Frosty11
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

BDO all the way. Stunning graphics and amazing combat. Only thing I don't like is all the grind you are supposed to do to be able to do well in multi. Also the end game PVE lacks a bit.

slxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 slxy
Member since 2017 • 11 Posts

@felipresunto: It looks like Ragnarok Mobile is popular in Taiwan. Just out of curiosity, do you think more people are playing Ragnarok M today than a few months ago or do you think things are slowing down?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Wurm Online

PunchKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PunchKey
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Wow

Tamie-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tamie-Lee
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

6 years on Lord of the Rings Online and still loving it :)

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts

World Of Warcraft. No other MMORPG really comes close to it in my opinion, and believe me when I say I have tried them all.

Hinata2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hinata2
Member since 2018 • 20 Posts

it is unexpected but i loved the game throughout the time i played this

"Return of Warrior"

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#37 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

WoW - it’s the only MMO I’ve played that I genuinely have fun playing and keep coming back to. The others don’t have a story I’m invested in and tend to feel like a grind.

yoyoweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yoyoweb
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

Guild wars and Guild wars 2 obvioulsy ;)

TiggyTog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TiggyTog
Member since 2017 • 324 Posts

@bobthehollow: Black Desert Online, Elder Scrolls Online, and Dragon's Dogma Online are all great games, should give em a try :)

kingkilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingkilla3
Member since 2006 • 17193 Posts

Considering that all I've played are RuneScape in 2003-2004 and Guild Wars 2, I'd have to say Guild Wars 2 is my favourite. I had some good times playing that back in 2013. I find the size of online RPGs too intimidating to start playing any now.

StrandedSail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StrandedSail
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

I've played quite a few, but the first is, sadly, still the best: Ultima Online (before they added all the carebear stuff). God, I miss it

Fannste94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fannste94
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

SWTOR

Blu17000086

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blu17000086
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Black Desert Online. Most MMORPG's (for me) are way too slow but once i found out there is a MMO hack and slash i played it for days.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#47 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Final Fantasy XIV.

The style of the game was appealing to me, and I really enjoyed playing it on my PS4.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

@strandedsail: I'm actually thinking of signing up to Ultima Online. I can't believe it's still going although under EA. :(

I played WoW for about 3 months solo and really enjoyed the immersiveness but couldn't justify the cost.

I think Ultima Online is the only place you can really role play to whatever 'class' or style you want. It' not 3d but it's big, you get a house and it's chock full of content. I don't care for 3d anyway for it's own sake.