Your Favorite MMO Game?

#1 Posted by Wolfgang133 (63 posts) -

Right now my favorite is "Neverwinter" which is based on the Dungeons and dragons game.

#2 Edited by BobTheHollow (53 posts) -

I don't play MMOs anymore, but I used to love FFVIX and Guild Wars 2. I try some MMOs from time to time but never find anything interesting so. Neverwinter, I had some hype for it when it first came out, being a fan of the old Neverwinter Nights games, but that quickly faded into disappointment. I went back and tried it again a couple of times but honestly, it has everything that turns me off in MMOs and it brings nothing new to the table that could possibly hold my interest. I get the appeal that the MMO formula has on people, it just doesn't work for me.

#3 Posted by Todddow (511 posts) -

@bobthehollow said:

I don't play MMOs anymore, but I used to love FFVIX and Guild Wars 2. I try some MMOs from time to time but never find anything interesting so. Neverwinter, I had some hype for it when it first came out, being a fan of the old Neverwinter Nights games, but that quickly faded into disappointment. I went back and tried it again a couple of times but honestly, it has everything that turns me off in MMOs and it brings nothing new to the table that could possibly hold my interest. I get the appeal that the MMO formula has on people, it just doesn't work for me.

Yeah, I tried MMO's for awhile, I'm back to single player games now. Video games are my little bit of time to escape from the world and people in general.

#4 Edited by Wolfgang133 (63 posts) -

@todddow I like singleplayer games myself. More so than multiplayer games. But the beauty of most MMO games is that you can play it solo (like Neverwinter) or do quests on your own. You will of course see many other players around you but you can just ignore them as part of the scenery like some of the inactive NPCs. MMO games also tend to get updated alot so there is always new content. Most of your singleplayer games tend to be a dead end deal. Once you played thru it then it's all over. There's nothing more to be done.

#5 Posted by bondnguyen21 (2 posts) -

It's MU ONLINE from Webzen, since about 10 years ago. Now, they've just released MU LEGEND but i fell its not the best game!

#6 Edited by breadwarrior20 (5 posts) -

I'm looking forward to play Black Desert Online, but for now my Fav is Tera Online

#7 Posted by Bush_Dog (274 posts) -

@breadwarrior20: Hey dude, they're all coming to mobile too. I think next year.

#8 Posted by Maryer (3 posts) -

I played Neverwinter, I play path of exile game now, POE 3.1 is coming soon, you can try this game. But it is a video game :)

#9 Posted by lucidique (479 posts) -

I really like Waframe. It's a bit more action oriented than your traditional MMO game, but it has the frequent content updates and even recently introduced open world sections.

it is also free to play, and pretty easy to recommend.

#10 Posted by spike6958 (6691 posts) -

Star Wars: The Old Republic. People sometimes dump on it for not been a true KotOR 3, but the truth is it's still a good, fun single player RPG, with a solid PvP element.

#11 Posted by RSM-HQ (6362 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma Online, but it was still a bad follow-up to Dark Arisen.

Came back for Season 2 and still found myself dissatisfied.

#13 Edited by mrbojangles25 (40318 posts) -

Probably Star Wars: The Old Republic, but towards the end I was just playing it for story, not so much the MMO aspects; it is the closest we are going to get to KOTOR 3, and I am actually OK with that because I really, really enjoyed the stories (Imperial Agent FTW!) in SWTOR. I was a subscriber, too, so I didn't get all pissed about the really shitty F2P mechanics :P

Although WoW was pretty great, and I spend years playing that. It was the first MMO I spent a lot of time with.

Honestly, though, the MMOs I miss are the ones that are dead or did not last long: I would have liked to see Tabula Rasa find footing and still be a contender today. Auto Assault was a lot of fun but that game did not last long at all. Westwood Studios (RIP) also made an MMO called Earth and Beyond which was simply incredible for the time, man I miss that game.

#15 Posted by RockField (415 posts) -

I think it's either Eden Eternal or Cabal Online. Sad to say, I no longer play these games anymore because I want to focus on SP games.

#20 Edited by Shantmaster_K (1125 posts) -

Runescape

#21 Edited by Celldrax (15043 posts) -

Guild Wars 2 is the only MMO I've spent any significant time on.

#22 Posted by Skrydis (17 posts) -

My favorite is Tree of Savior. Too bad it's not being managed well and a huge amount of players had already left.

#23 Posted by felipresunto (1 posts) -

Ragnarok Online old times

#24 Posted by RedAlert539 (334 posts) -

I've stoped playing MMOs a while back but the best by far for me(and one of the best games i've ever played) was City of Heroes. What a unique game by MMO standards. Great experience.

#27 Posted by CrillanK (264 posts) -

My favorite, by far, is Star Wars Galaxies. No other game has better systems than that game had. Best crafting system by far and best space simulation and combat by far. It was completely sandbox so everything was player-made. Even the infamous combat upgrade was fine since it didn't affect crafting or space combat. It only affected PVP, which is a niche community anyway. Jedi were rare and hard to unlock, so when you saw a player Jedi, it was actually a magical experience. I could talk for days about the shipwright crafting profession, smugglers and space combat. You had player-made personal housing and player cities that were actually governed by a player mayor that required a politician profession.

#28 Posted by Frosty11 (8 posts) -

BDO all the way. Stunning graphics and amazing combat. Only thing I don't like is all the grind you are supposed to do to be able to do well in multi. Also the end game PVE lacks a bit.

#29 Posted by slxy (11 posts) -

@felipresunto: It looks like Ragnarok Mobile is popular in Taiwan. Just out of curiosity, do you think more people are playing Ragnarok M today than a few months ago or do you think things are slowing down?

#30 Posted by TryIt (4410 posts) -

Wurm Online

#31 Posted by PunchKey (6 posts) -

Wow

#32 Posted by Tamie-Lee (3 posts) -

6 years on Lord of the Rings Online and still loving it :)

#34 Posted by SgtSilock (3167 posts) -

World Of Warcraft. No other MMORPG really comes close to it in my opinion, and believe me when I say I have tried them all.

#35 Posted by Hinata2 (16 posts) -

it is unexpected but i loved the game throughout the time i played this

"Return of Warrior"

Avatar image for kylehernandez062299
#36 Edited by KyleHernandez062299 (5 posts) -

Not actually an MMO but its an nostalgic 3d mmorpg

The name of the game is RETURN OF WARRIOR. Check it out too :)

#37 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5121 posts) -

WoW - it’s the only MMO I’ve played that I genuinely have fun playing and keep coming back to. The others don’t have a story I’m invested in and tend to feel like a grind.

#38 Posted by yoyoweb (9 posts) -

Guild wars and Guild wars 2 obvioulsy ;)

#40 Posted by TiggyTog (179 posts) -

@bobthehollow: Black Desert Online, Elder Scrolls Online, and Dragon's Dogma Online are all great games, should give em a try :)

#41 Posted by kingkilla3 (17173 posts) -

Considering that all I've played are RuneScape in 2003-2004 and Guild Wars 2, I'd have to say Guild Wars 2 is my favourite. I had some good times playing that back in 2013. I find the size of online RPGs too intimidating to start playing any now.

#43 Edited by StrandedSail (9 posts) -

I've played quite a few, but the first is, sadly, still the best: Ultima Online (before they added all the carebear stuff). God, I miss it

#44 Edited by Yams1980 (2918 posts) -

favourite since 2012 has been TERA. I could write a big list of things i hate about it, but overall i like it. Costs me nothing to play it and its gameplay is fun.

Best of all time for me was Ultima Online but it went downhill fast. Was epic at its release in 1997 up until around early 2000, where it fell apart when they added the non-pvp trammel world which split up the population and pretty much killed the games epic free for all pvp sandbox style. Also the karma system kinda killed pvp as well around the same time making it nearly impossible to be a murderer. More games should have open world housing like they had, it was so funny randomly walking around and seeing a person in their house organizing their loot.

EA's bad actions killed the game though, they aggressively banned people for the smallest things, most of the people I played with either quit or were banned for simple things like swearing or offensive names... and they werent even that offensive and was a joke at that point.

Its weird the servers are still running, i've always guessed its to keep the Ultima license since there could be something in the contract saying if there isn't an active ultima game for a certain period of time that it will default back to Richard Garriott. Because there is no chance they are making a profit off the handful of players still paying the monthly fee.

#45 Posted by Fannste94 (6 posts) -

SWTOR

#46 Posted by Blu17000086 (5 posts) -

Black Desert Online. Most MMORPG's (for me) are way too slow but once i found out there is a MMO hack and slash i played it for days.

#47 Posted by Blueresident87 (5684 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIV.

The style of the game was appealing to me, and I really enjoyed playing it on my PS4.

#49 Posted by Jackamomo (358 posts) -

@strandedsail: I'm actually thinking of signing up to Ultima Online. I can't believe it's still going although under EA. :(

I played WoW for about 3 months solo and really enjoyed the immersiveness but couldn't justify the cost.

I think Ultima Online is the only place you can really role play to whatever 'class' or style you want. It' not 3d but it's big, you get a house and it's chock full of content. I don't care for 3d anyway for it's own sake.