Your favorite game quotes of all time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

User Lists: 0

#1 IncisionX
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

Hey everyone o/

I thought this could be a great thread to see what quotes people truly love from there years of gaming, list your top 5, post as many as you want, post your only favorite! Let us all know :D

So I'll take the lead with my top 5 in no order ;

1 - "Shut up!!!!! The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don't mean a thing. Aerith is gone. Aerith will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry... or get angry... what about us... what are we supposed to do? What is this pain? My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!" - Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy 7.

2 - "From that day forth... my arm changed... and a voice echoed "Power! Give me more power!" and if I become a demon, so be it... I'll endure the exile... anything... to protect her!" - Nero, Devil May Cry 4.

3 - "Isolate that signal! Master Chief, mind telling me what you're doing on that ship?"

"Sir. Finishing this fight." - Master Chief, Halo 2.

4 - ""My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas. My child, I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of righteousness. Remember, our line has always ruled with wisdom and strength. And I know you will show restraint when exercising your great power. But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end, you shall be King." - King Terenas Menethil, Wrath of the Lich King.

5 - ""Everyone I've ever cared about has either died or left me, Everyone, **bleep** except for you! So dont tell me that I'd be safer with someone else because the truth is, I would just be more scared." - Ellie, The last of us.

There we have it, I'm sure there are thousands more so hit the comments below!

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" ~ Vaas (Far Cry 3)

"Cole Train baby!!! Whhoooooooooo!" ~ Cole (Gears of War)

"There are two way to argue with a woman and neither works."~ John Marston (Read Dead Redemption)

"You are not prepared!" ~ Illidan (WoW)

"People say you you gotta lay off the carbs and all that when you train but I'm like pffft . Real Badasses eat chocolate chip cookies!

Ima get that tattooed across my back in Old English Font." ~ Tiny Tina (Borderlands 2)

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IncisionX

@bowchicka07 said:

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" ~ Vaas (Far Cry 3)

"You are not prepared!" ~ Illidan (WoW)

These two are awesome! I forgot about the Vaas one, that's also one of my favorites :D

@geniobastardo said:

4."When they came to me with the nanosuit, I sacrificed Laurence Barnes, the man I was, to become Prophet. When my own flesh and blood held me back, I sacrificed that too. Replaced it, like a spare part. Victory costs. Every time, you pay a little more. I saw a glimpse of what's coming and there was nothing left of me to stop it. When the greatest combat machine fails... what do we do then? What do I do?!"—Prophet, Crysis 3.

Love the Prophet one, the voice acting during that moment is just top notch :D

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

"You killed me... I didn't like that..." Paxton Fettel, F.E.A.R.

"Soon I will be liquid light" ~ Bob Page, Deus Ex

"I named him Waggleton P Tallylicker but I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered." ~ Bulletstorm

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

"Can you give me one good reason the world wouldn't be a better place without you in it? *silence* Didn't think so. *stab*"

-Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

" I am commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the citadel" - Commander Shepard - Mass effect 2

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IncisionX

@Randolph said:

"Can you give me one good reason the world wouldn't be a better place without you in it? *silence* Didn't think so. *stab*"

-Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Aww I remember that, epic moment haha

RoyalClown_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RoyalClown_1
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

We'll bang ok?

Not sure why, but John Marston's conversation with Jack near the end has always stuck with me. Specifically when they're talking about planes and both say, "One of them machines could turn men into angels."

Other quotes:

Harry Flynn - Uncharted 2: "Victor GODDAMN Sullivan, Nate you still dragging this tired old sack of shit around."

Nathan Drake - Uncharted 2: "Boy it's a shame you have to sit on something that pretty."

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Can't believe someone hasn't already done this. Here I go hoping for reply:

What is a man?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@alim298 said:

What is a man?

Miserable little of pile secrets was mentioned already, but enough talk, have at you!

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@alim298 said:

What is a man?

Dracula! Feel dumb leaving that out.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

I hear foul creatures about - Amazon from Diablo 2

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

One of my favorites from Nier. It's a spoiler though....hell, I'll only spoil the quote, not who says it

"You have your own motives, your own desires, and we have ours. I fear it really is just that simple. " It reveals the truth that there is no true evil nor true good

SaintsRowLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By SaintsRowLA
Member since 2013 • 331 Posts

"Maybe being a caring friend is all that's needed to save a soul." or something very similar to that. -- Lightning in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Mass Effect 2: Miranda says, "I uncertain about mixing love with work," Dude-Shep replies, "Who said anything about love. I'm just want to get you into bed." Miranda responds, "Oh yes. That's right. I forgot."

Cortana to Master Chief in Halo 4, "Don't make a girl a promise you can't keep." It wasn't what necessarily what she said, but how she said it--so endearing.

Just about all of Sasha's comments to Cole during the original inFAMOUS.

Uncharted 2: While climbing up the mountain with the woman up and Nathan Drake below. Nathan Drake says, "I love the view," the woman responds, "Men, you are all the same," Nathan says, "I was talking about the mountains."

Nathan, while in the pool of water says to the woman, "come on, jump in," the woman responds, "You just want to see me in a wet t-shirt."

Virtually all of Laura Bailey's comments as the female Saint leader in the Saints Row series.

ALL THE ROMANCE SCENES IN SAINTS ROW IV. They are the best. It's all comedy. I especially like the exchange with Kinzie, the computer and technology "nerd". Volition Studios, the makers of the Saints Row series, knows how to make comedy and fun.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#17 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

"Got it Memorized"- Axel (Kingdom Hearts)

Or the word "dood"- Prinny (Disgaea series) at every line you say

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I've covered wars, you know.

-Frank (the pimp) West, Dead Rising

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IncisionX

@royalclown_1 said:

Harry Flynn - Uncharted 2: "Victor GODDAMN Sullivan, Nate you still dragging this tired old sack of shit around."

Reading this just makes me so much more hyped for Uncharted 4, I desperately need to go watch some Nathan Drake clips on youtube now!

Or the word "dood"- Prinny (Disgaea series) at every line you say

I agree dood, may have to download Disgaea onto my Vita again just for my Prinny needs...

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

all time great...

You were almost a Jill sandwich - Resident Evil 1

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IncisionX

@Flubbbs said:

all time great...

You were almost a Jill sandwich - Resident Evil 1

Oh god yes! Haha! Dem puns were just unreal back in the day...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

One that no one ever mentions is from the end of Red steel 2. The hero stabs his sword into the bad guy, looks right in his eyes, and says, "May the world forget you ever lived." It's not the best line ever, but it's under appreciated in its badassery.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Hard to go past this:

"I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question: Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.

No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.

No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture.

A city where the artist would not fear the censor; where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

The serious quotes don't stick with me. I remember how much I loved Working Designs localizations. Always amusing.

Buying a Long Sword in the item shop, the caption reads "Length DOES matter!"

Guy standing outside a bar "You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...plus the beer is watered down."

Random person muses incorrectly on why the chocolate doesn't melt until Nash sets him straight - "It's the thick candy shell! Don't they teach you peasants anything?!"

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Bioshock: Little sister - "Don't be a slowpoke Mr. Bubbles, angels don't wait for slowpokes."

Borderlands 2: Marcus - "You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets"

Tales of Vesperia: Raven - "I guess my dream is to be able to dream again someday"

Tales of Vesperia: Yuri - "If there's one thing the Don's last moments taught me, it's that I've been too soft. If a part is infected, you cut it off before it infects the whole. Even if it's a comrade, an Entelexia, or a friend."

Halo 4: Cortana - "C'mon Chief, take a girl for a ride."

Star fox: Peppy - "The shield is absorbing the laser."

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IncisionX

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Hard to go past this:

"I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question: Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.

No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.

No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture.

A city where the artist would not fear the censor; where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well."

Yes, that was a truly amazing moment in gaming history... loved the intro to Rapture, it blew my mind o.o

Avatar image for deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

The only one listed here I have heard before that I really like is the Arthas monologue.

The only one here that I haven't heard before, but really like is the FFVII quote in OP, said by Cloud Strife. Makes me want to play FFVII, though later FF's make me wary.

Webslotplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Webslotplayer
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Once my friend told me "We win and lose but we always keep playing..." After this I told him to find a good doctor=))

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

"All your base are now belong to us"-can't remember name, old game.

"It'd be better if YOU, the master of unlocking, took it"-RE1, Barry to Jill if I recall correctly.

"Die monster! You don't belong in this world!"-SotN, to compliment the aboves.

My favorite quotes are due to cheesiness. Sometimes I get sad that gaming is maturing, these gems will become less common. Unless their awfulness was intentional....

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

"Ah...sarcasm! For what profit is it to a man who gains the world and loses his own soul? Matthew 16:26 I believe." Dracula

"How strange to see this place long before my birth... centuries before the corruption set in that would poison the land, and put me on the treacherous path I still followed. In the future, these edifices would be condemned to darkness and decay. I would cause their fall, and build my empire upon their ruins. Was it still possible that with the right knowledge, the right moves, I might one day see Nosgoth restored, the Pillars pure once more? My answer - according to Moebius - lay somewhere to the west of this place. I could restore the world, perhaps. But never again could I give Nosgoth back her innocence." - Kan, Legacy Of Kain: Defiance...(just one of the many quotes I remember from that series).

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

"All your base are belong to us"-can't remember name, old game.

it's from Zero Wing spoken by CATS and it's fixed

to me this topic is more than just Peppy Hare's famous "Do the Barrel Roll!", it's Blaze the Cat's quotes which made me feel like she's the best female character in a Sonic game

"You're still so naive, But I...I've always liked that about you" ~ Blaze to Silver in the end of Silver's story(Sonic '06) and

"We agreed to save the world - at any price!" ~ Blaze shortly before her sacrifice in front of Silver

Avatar image for RussianMeatClob
RussianMeatClob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RussianMeatClob
Member since 2010 • 282 Posts

So damn many of them in many different games but almost all the ones I'll post are from Deus Ex

A man chooses a slave obeys -Andrew Ryan Bio-Shock

A bomb! -J.C Denton

My vision is Augmented-J.C Denton

I wanted orange it gave me lemon-lime.-Gunther Hermann

The checks and balances of democratic governments were invented because humans themselves realized how unfit they were to govern themselves. They needed a system, yes. An industrial age machine. -Helios

Look at you: You're nothing but a little man... a little man still living inside a body. Lose your body and what are you? Nothing! You vanish! You die... -Bob Page

Also everything said by an NPC named Dane in Fallout 1 far to much to type so take a read here if you care to see. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Dane

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

"Will there been an afterlife, I wonder? Choirs of angels? Or a fiery pit? One unlearns these falsehoods over time, but the child who learnt to fear hell is never really gone."

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IncisionX

@lumzi32 said:

The only one listed here I have heard before that I really like is the Arthas monologue.

The only one here that I haven't heard before, but really like is the FFVII quote in OP, said by Cloud Strife. Makes me want to play FFVII, though later FF's make me wary.

I assure you, if you can get past the graphics there's an incredible game beneath.. please don't judge FF6/7/8/ and 9 due to the latest crap :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

- The red carpet has teeth

Can you guess where this quote is from?

aetsirc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By aetsirc
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

"Not even death can save you from me" Diablo 2

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

"and clem... keep that hair short." ~ Lee Everett (The Walking Dead Season 1)

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

What a shame.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

What a shame.

What a rotten way to die.

#best game ever.

Avatar image for RussianMeatClob
RussianMeatClob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RussianMeatClob
Member since 2010 • 282 Posts

@Nanomage said:

@MrYaotubo said:

What a shame.

What a rotten way to die.

#best game ever.

A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat -J.C Denton

Best game ever indeed!

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By IncisionX

Can't believe no one mentioned it but ; "Sorry, your princess is in another castle" < --- Classic.

burn_cooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By burn_cooper
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

i love the quote from uncharted 3 which is actually on my signature haha, from Marlowe when Drake is delusional in saara. "And I will show you fear in a handful of dust"

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

"War Never Changes..." Fallout 3
"I never asked for this" - Deus Ex HR
"It's not the end of the world... but you can see it from here" - Deus Ex HR
"The cake is a Lie" - Portal (not really a quote so much as written word)
"ADDDDDAAAAAAA!!!" - Resident Evil 2
"Jason" - Heavy Rain
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world" - Half Life 2

and finally... "It's got it's ups and downs but you can't deny that view" - The Last Of Us

Avatar image for deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

@IncisionX: I have played half of FF6 and it was fantastic (shame I never finished it). I heard FFVII was a departure from it in many ways.

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

"It's a box"--Guard Soldier, Metal Gear PS1

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

"Lives Live Will Live.Died Die Will Die." - Lutece Twins, BioShock Infinite

"Why ask what,when the delicious question is when?" - Lutece Twins, BioShock Infinite

" What do you see here, from this angle?Dead. And that angle?Alive" - Lutece Twins, BioShock Infinite

"That was plan A, B, C all the way to f***ing Z!" - Bill, The Last of Us

"I have lots of outputs"

"I meant besides V****as"

"Mother!" - Ezio and Maria Auditore, Assassin's Creed II XD

anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts