Yellow gameboy - Brick version value?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I just found at my grandmas house my old yellow GameBoy with Donkey Kong Land and its still workin!!! I'm just wondering if it can be a rare collectors item being that I rarelly saw colored gameboys when it comes to the original design - the "brick" one. I think its was a limited edition called "banana edition" or somethin so... is it worth anything?

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#2 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I just found at my grandmas house my old yellow GameBoy with Donkey Kong Land and its still workin!!! I'm just wondering if it can be a rare collectors item being that I rarelly saw colored gameboys when it comes to the original design - the "brick" one. I think its was a limited edition called "banana edition" or somethin so... is it worth anything?

Vatusus

It's worth more than most Game Boys but you're not gonna pay your rent by selling it or anything. People are selling them for about $70, console-only, on Amazon so that gives you a ballpark. There was a whole series of color versions of the original, green-screen Game Boy w/ the slogan "Play it Loud!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

logicalfrank

It's worth more than most Game Boys but you're not gonna pay your rent by selling it or anything. People are selling them for about $70, console-only, on Amazon so that gives you a ballpark. There was a whole series of color versions of the original, green-screen Game Boy w/ the slogan "Play it Loud!"

hum, ok. Thanks for the heads up :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

logicalfrank

That isn't true, from my experience. ALL versions of the original Gameboy go for around $20. The most sought after one is the original color in good condition.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Heirren

That isn't true, from my experience. ALL versions of the original Gameboy go for around $20. The most sought after one is the original color in good condition.

He's saying he has a yellow brick Game Boy, not a yellow Color Game Boy or Game Boy Color. I know it's confusing, but Color Game Boy is the original Game Boy painted in new colors, the Game Boy Color is the Game Boy that can play games in color. Both of which were smaller than the orignal brick Game Boy (originally called Game Boy Pocket before the color addition).

He has a large, brick Game Boy that's yellow, which is rare.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="logicalfrank"]

Emerald_Warrior

He's saying he has a yellow brick Game Boy, not a yellow Color Game Boy or Game Boy Color. I know it's confusing, but Color Game Boy is the original Game Boy painted in new colors, the Game Boy Color is the Game Boy that can play games in color. Both of which were smaller than the orignal brick Game Boy (originally called Game Boy Pocket before the color addition).

I understood that. They go for the same amount, from my experience. Saw a green one in minty rest condition for $14 at the thrift store the other day. The used game shop I go to sells them for $20.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"] That isn't true, from my experience. ALL versions of the original Gameboy go for around $20. The most sought after one is the original color in good condition. Heirren

I understood that. They go for the same amount, from my experience. Saw a green one in minty rest condition for $14 at the thrift store the other day. The used game shop I go to sells them for $20.

Then you've got a great local shop! The cheapest I could find on eBay just now was $51 plus $8 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=yellow+original+game+boy&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

Then you've got a great local shop! The cheapest I could find on eBay just now was $51 plus $8 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=yellow+original+game+boy&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

Maybe I should pick it up for the $15 or so. But those ebays are over priced.... ***off topic, but about a week or two ago I saw a GameCube behind the counter. Now, I own a launch GC--the one with potential for digital out, so I thought nothing of it. Time passes and they lowere the price a few times and move the console to just the general electronics area--this is how it seems to work when things aren't selling. Now, the very day I see the green Gameboy, I take a look at the GC. The Broadband adaptor area is missing. Somebody had taken it out. I can't be sure, but I'm thinking I just missed a gc broadband adaptor for really cheap.
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

When looking up stuff on Ebay to get a value you have to click the box "Show Completed Listings"! You cant just type in your item, see a high number, then expect to get that much.....thats what all the idiots on Craigslist do. Theres one right therehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-RARE-YELLOW-ORIGINAL-GAMEBOY-WITH-SUPER-MARIO-LAND-GAME-/290783813540?pt=Video_Games&hash=item43b410dfa4&nma=true&si=rIo7lUMHDA1if0QHFm5LCLR8Kmg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557