Yakuza 7 announcement this month in Japan

#1 Edited by sakaiXx (5928 posts) -

Wow flew under my radar, another numbered Yakuza game! Thought SEGA next project was a MMO set in Yakuza world but I guess I am wrong. Can't wait!

But I do want the next Yakuza game to step away from Kamurocho, 9 games set there is quite tiring tbh. I can get to Theater Street from East Showa Street or West Park with my eyes closed, that is how much they reused the same damn map. Also Japan clearly needs to close the district down or police it harder. Tojo Clan, Omi Alliance, Yomei Alliance, Chinese Triads, Secret Organizations, Korean Mafias, underground spy network, terrorist, gang violence, mass murderers, zombie apocalypse and everything else u can imagine happened to this district every damn chances it gets.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/07/24/yakuza-7-unveil/

Goro Majima, Mad Dog of Shimano, manager of no.1 cabaret club Sunshine. Lovable asshole
Goro Majima, Mad Dog of Shimano, manager of no.1 cabaret club Sunshine. Lovable asshole

#2 Posted by DaVillain- (37581 posts) -

Meh, I'm gonna pass on Yakuza 7.

#3 Edited by Renegade_Fury (20646 posts) -

The MMO has been out for a while, but yeah, this is the next main game and starring the new protagonist, Ichiban. I wouldn't get my hopes up about (ever) leaving Kamurocho, but hopefully we get a new secondary city like Onomichi in Y6.

#4 Edited by sakaiXx (5928 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury: we always get a second area to explore except in Yakuza 1, 4 and Judgement. Would be nice if they maybe at least expand Tokyo setting, I mean Tojo Clan is 30k people strong. They could explore clan family operating in neighbouring district at least.

In the article it did mention there will be new areas but I seems like Kamurocho still will be a focus sigh...

#5 Edited by phbz (4593 posts) -

Milk it until it's dry!

#6 Edited by Renegade_Fury (20646 posts) -

@sakaixx: Yeah, that'd be cool, and I'd also take a return to a city that we haven't seen in a while like Nagasugai from Y5. As for Kamurocho, I don't think they'll ever ditch it completely, at least not for Ichiban's first game. With that said, I do hope they add some layers to make it more engaging, like bringing back the underground mall and parking lot.

#7 Posted by robert_sparkes (3238 posts) -

Love the series enjoyed the story and characters. 7 is a whole new series which is very interesting.

#8 Posted by warmblur (2814 posts) -

I hope they make a sequel to Judgement someday.

#9 Posted by omegaMaster (1314 posts) -

Jesus just give Yakuza series a rest will ya,

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#10 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21581 posts) -

Definitely going to play it but I still have to catch up with 6, which I already own but I decided to play Kiwami and Kenshiro first.

#11 Posted by sakaiXx (5928 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: have you played Yakuza 0 ? Highly recommended in case you haven't. Kiwami 2 is very good as well.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#12 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21581 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

@Black_Knight_00: have you played Yakuza 0 ? Highly recommended in case you haven't. Kiwami 2 is very good as well.

I did play 0, kiwami 2 will also happen eventually. I wish they would localize Ishin as well: I mean they ported over Dead Souls and not that one, even though they re-released it on PS4?

#13 Posted by sakaiXx (5928 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@sakaixx said:

I did play 0, kiwami 2 will also happen eventually. I wish they would localize Ishin as well: I mean they ported over Dead Souls and not that one, even though they re-released it on PS4?

Its a hard sell probably. Compared to Dead Souls which is a zombie apocalypes game which may entice some zombie fans, Yakuza Isshin is a very specific Japanese period drama kind of game. I still have hope for the spin off though, considering the hype for Ghost of Tsushima and recent excellent Nioh may cause Sega to rethink.