Xbox suddenly stopped working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yorgmiester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Yorgmiester
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

A few days ago while i was playing one of my games it froze and i had to turn off the Xbox(original,not 360).Now whenever i turn it on,the little green ring flashes red and the disk drive won't open.This really sucks because i just found my long-lost Halo2 and now i can't play it:cry:

Any ideas what's wrong???Or how to fix it???

GP1mil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GP1mil
Member since 2006 • 994 Posts
My old launch xbox did the samething after 2 years of owning it, basically it means it can't read the disc at all, so I ended up having to buy a new one
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

Ouch. That sucks. I really can't tell you for sure that I know what your problem is.

Does the DVD drive make any sounds when you try and turn it on? You can open it up and manually eject the disk. I am not sure what kind of service MS is doing for the original Xbox these days, but considering they were zero help for me when I needed them, your best bet may be to try and fix it yourself. I'd start by getting that disk out of there and then seeing if it will boot up at all.

Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

My old launch xbox did the samething after 2 years of owning it, basically it means it can't read the disc at all, so I ended up having to buy a new oneGP1mil

If this means that it cant read disk at all then do this trick buy a DVD/CD lens cleaner and try it it worked for my 360 and now its better than ever.

If the problem is ther again in few day than better you open it overhaul the drive its very easy to do that use help of a technician if you dont know how.Probaly this will only happen if you keep your console in a dustful polace like direct on the floor.

Hey you also mentioned it doersnt opens at all then you will have to open it up and then see that the eject button is properly pressing the button on motherboard or not if not then you will have to give it a little extension by adding some material like Celo Tape and Paper or if you use help of a technican he might sort the things out for if they are bit more extrme then this.

Yorgmiester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Yorgmiester
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Alright now when i turn it on it "tries to start" 2 times before it starts flashing red.It'll make the typical startup brrrrrrrrrr sound and the green light will come on,then it shuts off.Then it does that agin,then shuts off.Then it does that one more time,there's a click,and then starts blinking red.

How exactly do i manually open the disk drive???

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

To manually open the disk drive you have to open the Xbox to get to the DVD drive. You will need a tork screwdriver. The screws are under the rubber feet on the bottom.

It's possible your disk may have snapped in the drive and it is stuck or something. That is not entirely unheard of.

RogueGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 RogueGoose
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

same thing happened to me... After I Soft Modded it and Opened it up... And then My Dog Chewed up one of the Cords that went to the Hardrive... It was a sad day...

Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ravi_1900

Alright now when i turn it on it "tries to start" 2 times before it starts flashing red.It'll make the typical startup brrrrrrrrrr sound and the green light will come on,then it shuts off.Then it does that agin,then shuts off.Then it does that one more time,there's a click,and then starts blinking red.

How exactly do i manually open the disk drive???

Yorgmiester

Just search google for opening Xbox do this only when you have no gurantee now when you will open the disk drive in Xbox 360 is so this will be definete for Xbox a seperate unit like in the PC you jsut have to take the cords of the whole just will be out of the console then you can open it by usual screw driver. But firstly check by starting the console in that position by putting the buttons back on so to ensue tha tit hits correctly.

Also if there is turning on two times there is a chance that either of your buttons are fit too tight that they are pressed twice when you hit ON.

Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ravi_1900

same thing happened to me... After I Soft Modded it and Opened it up... And then My Dog Chewed up one of the Cords that went to the Hardrive... It was a sad day...

RogueGoose

Yeah thats why I killed my dog before he does anything wrong