Xbox: Please help with info on these games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

volzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 volzzilla
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts
Looking into a few games that have caught my eye and was wondering if could please get some forum feedback concerning them: 1) XIII 2) Warpath 3) Pariah 4) Combat Task Force 121 5) 007: Agent Under Fire 6) Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast 7) Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Was wondering about general thoughts on the games, but also more specific info on the multiplayer with AI Bot support functions each game has. Also have a couple questions, Is 007: Agent Under Fire too similar to 007: Nightfire to where shouldn't worry about it? Which Jedi Knight game is better, and which has the better multiplayer with AI Bot support functionality? Thanks in advance
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
The only games I've played from your list are XIII and Pariah. XIII starts off good but I can remember getting bored of it quite quick. The online multi-player was alright but I doubt many people will be playing it these days. Lots of people are hard on Pariah. It isn't the best game ever but it isn't as bad as people say IMO. I really enjoyed most of the single player campaign. A few parts pissed me off but on the whole it was enjoyable. I bought Pariah when it first came out and the online was dead after about six months. I highly doubt anyone will be on it now.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I haven't made it that far into XIII yet, but so far it's been a decent game. I don't think I've made it past the first level of either 007: Agent Under Fire or 007: NightFire. NightFire is supposed to be really good, but I just haven't gotten around to them yet. Sadly.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
1) XIII- good
2) Warpath- boring
3) Pariah- boring
4) Combat Task Force 121- crap
5) 007: Agent Under Fire- sweet stuff
6) Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast- boring
7) Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy- sleepy
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
1) XIII Is a pretty dull shooter with neat cel-shaded graphics and unbalanced difficulty level.
2) Warpath I never played but I hear it's a bad UT2004 ripoff.
3) Pariah is a decent shooter, but only if you liked Unreal 2: it's quite buggy, repetitive and a bit clunky, but can often be fun.
4) Combat Task Force 121 Never heard of.
5) 007: Agent Under Fire Haven't seen
6) Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast Amazing: get it now.
7) Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Get it it's a bit less fantastic than the prequel, but great nonetheless

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
If you are even remotely a fan of Star Wars, then you will probably get a kick out of the Jedi Knight games. Throwing Lightsabers never gets old.
volzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 volzzilla
If could only get one of the Jedi Knight games, which would you all suggest? Which one has a better campaign, and which has a better multiplayer with AI Bot support? As for saying Pariah and Warpath are ripoffs of Unreal, thats a compliment to me as love those games and looking for games with that type of gameplay, hence this topic. All off those games feature a multiplayer with AI Bot support. I don't have XBox Live, so work my multiplayer in two forms. One is playing Halo with friends. But there are times when can't play with others, so look for games that give that multiplayer feel with the AI Bots. All those games have this function, so any input about it is great. By the way, forget to ask similar questions in the initial post about, Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death. Same thing as before wondering about its campaign, as well as its AI Bot supported multiplayer. Games like this already have or looking into getting: Unreal Championship 1 and 2 Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect 007: Nightfire (if 007: Agent Under Fire is a clone of this, then don't need it) Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (any need in looking into the Jedi Knight games if have these?) Red Faction 2 CounterStrike
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Unreal Championship 1 and 2
Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect
007: Nightfire (if 007: Agent Under Fire is a clone of this, then don't need it)
Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 (any need in looking into the Jedi Knight games if have these?)
Red Faction 2
CounterStrikevolzzilla

Unreal Championship 1 & 2: Really fun games with a friend or by yourself. Playing through the campaign and the challenge matches to get the extra characters is fun.

TimeSplitters 2 & Future Perfect: I only have Future Perfect, but it's fun.

007 Agent Under Fire was before 007 NightFire, so it's hard to be a clone of something that comes after... 007 Everything or Nothing is a really fun Bond game.

Star Wars Battlefront I & II: These are nothing like the Jedi Knight games, as far as I know. Basically, they're full out wars that you and a bunch of other troops enter, trying to take over all the points on the map, or just kill enough enemies...

Red Faction 2: Heard a lot of good things about it.

CounterStrike: No idea.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

If you have to pick between the two Jedi Knight games, I'd suggest getting Jedi Academy. The story in it was pretty cool.

Warpath is just garbage. Avoid it. Pariah has some good moments at least. The map editor is pretty cool. Kind of a new thing for console games when it came out. I never play games with AI bots, so I can't even tell you if these games have them or not. I always skip right past that feature whenever I see it in a game, or turn it off if it's on.

And as much as I personally just don't care for Timesplitters, those games have a pretty rabid fanbase. I always hear those games mentioned in talks about Multiplayer. The people behind Goldeneye had a hand in them with a new studio.

The Battlefront games are totally different then the Jedi Knight games.

volzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 volzzilla

If you have to pick between the two Jedi Knight games, I'd suggest getting Jedi Academy. The story in it was pretty cool.

Warpath is just garbage. Avoid it. Pariah has some good moments at least. The map editor is pretty cool. Kind of a new thing for console games when it came out. I never play games with AI bots, so I can't even tell you if these games have them or not. I always skip right past that feature whenever I see it in a game, or turn it off if it's on.

And as much as I personally just don't care for Timesplitters, those games have a pretty rabid fanbase. I always hear those games mentioned in talks about Multiplayer. The people behind Goldeneye had a hand in them with a new studio.

The Battlefront games are totally different then the Jedi Knight games.

Bgrngod
So the campaign in Jedi Academy is better than Jedi Outcast, thanks for the info. I know you said you don't play AI Bot support multiplayer, but did you play regular multiplayer with them both? And if so, which do you think is better. What did you not like about Warpath. From what I've read, its focus is AI supported multiplayer, which is just up my alley, so anything you may say could be helpful.
volzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 volzzilla
I haven't made it that far into XIII yet, but so far it's been a decent game. I don't think I've made it past the first level of either 007: Agent Under Fire or 007: NightFire. NightFire is supposed to be really good, but I just haven't gotten around to them yet. Sadly.muthsera666
Don't suppose I could ask you to test the bot supported multiplayer for me please on XIII and 007: Agent Under Fire ;)
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
Pariah is a good game and you can't go wrong with buying it since its only $7.99 at gamestop or EB. Gamespot also underrated the game, the critic scores are higher and ign gave it an 8/10.
zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
XIII is a great game, you should pick it up.
zpxkjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 zpxkjp
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
Out of that list only Pariah and the two Jedi Knight games are worth it.
volzzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 volzzilla
nVidiaGaMer, zeppelin_64, and zpxkjp... Since you all reccommend Pariah, XIII, and the Jedi Knight games, any insight you can give me on the multiplayer portions of those games please? (including its AI Bot support for them if possible) And if you all, or anyone else for that matter could offer some information on the multiplayer for any of the other games listed earlier in the topic, I would greatly appreciate it.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

nVidiaGaMer, zeppelin_64, and zpxkjp... Since you all reccommend Pariah, XIII, and the Jedi Knight games, any insight you can give me on the multiplayer portions of those games please? (including its AI Bot support for them if possible) And if you all, or anyone else for that matter could offer some information on the multiplayer for any of the other games listed earlier in the topic, I would greatly appreciate it.volzzilla

Yes you can play split screen on Pariah and add bots (you can also adjust the bot difficulty levels). I never played it on XBOX LIve though.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#17 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

007 agent under fire is the first on the xbox ps2 and gc ,, the world is not enough was planned to be ported to ps2 but instead they made that one id go for it yes its similar to night fire but alll different levels and such

xiii is pretty good its like all the fpses like goldeneye

the rest i havent played. but look at the screens videos and such that should help alot when deciding to buy a game