Xbox one or ps4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dementedde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dementedde
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm contemplating on getting a games console. I'm really into my single player campaign/story mode games. The genres I like are third person action adventures, fps, lightgun games and survival horror. Which console should I go for that has more and better exclusive games for them that fits what I've described that I like?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@dementedde: sounds like PS4 is the choice for you. Xbox focuses more on the multiplayer. You get 2 free games for your PS4 if you have PS+. The games that might be for you are games like Last of Us and Uncharted. There are loads of games coming to the PS4 this year, i personally chose the PS4 because it is more powerful. Unless you prefer the exclusive of X1 to the PS4, i would go with the PS4. All the games are going to look better on the PS4 and they are going to have more games

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 30260 Posts

Personally I'd recommend the Xbox One as I feel they have better exclusives then PS4. For FPS game you can't go wrong with Halo: The Master Chief Collection, tons of content there. Plus Halo 5 coming this year. Third person action adventure you have Sunset Overdrive which is a very good game. Then there's Rise of the Tomb Raider which is hard to say when or if that'll come out on PS4. No doubt Rare is cooking something up as well. There's also the next Gears of War in the works.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I own both, and if I had to pick which one I thought was better at this point, I'd say PS4.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7433 Posts

Don't own either of I buy one I'm more likely to get an Xbox 1.

However based on what you said you preferences are the ps4 might be a better fit.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5533 Posts

Get both, problem solved.

ryan347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ryan347
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

Stay away from xbox 1, they have drm policies that require an internet connection if you downloaded the game

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 983 Posts

I've always found that PlayStation consoles offer better single player experiences, while Xbox consoles provide much better multiplayer experiences. Since you said that you are really into single player; I think the PS4 is a better fit for you.

Though the best option is just to get all of the consoles so you don't miss out on anything.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3451 Posts

If you have to ask then you'll probably be happy with either one. Of the two I'd have to say ps4, especially considering your preferences.

PC isn't an option I assume?

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Ps4 based on what you said.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41999 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Get both, problem solved.

This is the correct answer.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By mgools
Member since 2005 • 1242 Posts

@dementedde:

@dementedde said:

I'm contemplating on getting a games console. I'm really into my single player campaign/story mode games. The genres I like are third person action adventures, fps, lightgun games and survival horror. Which console should I go for that has more and better exclusive games for them that fits what I've described that I like?

This is a difficult one. You will probably be happy with either. Here is my opinion:

1. Third person - PS4 - inFamous Second Son, First Light, Uncharted, and the non exclusives such as Assassins Creed. The Order 1886 should be out soon.

2 . First Person - Xbox One - Putting them here because of Halo. If you are not a Halo fan then I would say PS4 as it has most of the 3rd party games and Killzone is a good series. Most FPS games have run at a higher frame rate and have slightly better resolution.

3. Survival Horror - Not sure at this point if you can pick one. I think most of the survival Horror games are on both systems.

For what you have mentioned I would lean toward PS4. If you add racing in there then it would be a draw as Xbox one has Forza. With that said...I would think you would like either just fine.

SuprSaynGaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SuprSaynGaku
Member since 2015 • 27 Posts

im stuck in same situation but dont know what to do more people have ps4 so more ppl say ps4 but idk for me what to buy i like action adventure like uncharted manly and fps like halo but i can only choose 1

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#14 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

If you're able to, I'd recommend getting both consoles. It's the best of both worlds, with great exclusives and multiplats on both.