sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

I bought the complete version of HZD today, and still know next to nothing about the main story. I just know the premise.

i'm anticipating being blown away from drifting an apocalyptic world where humans are gone and replaced by new ones who only took one millennia to evolve into tribe level civilization...lol.

It's still better in every point than dumbass Terminator, which has been on a major loosing streak for years since the mediocre bomb Salvation hit theaters....if not since forever. Even with the so called "good" movies like Judgement Day, its own premise of a robot apocalypse is always killed by that dog Dah Ahnold and his naked time travel antics in the beginnings (GROSS), uber-lame stereotypical macho action that only appeals to nine year olds who ask their parents for "okay" R rated movies....so on, so f**king forth.

HZD I am absolutely looking forward to loving and experiencing. Terminator could've been scrapped from movie history and HZD would still exist.

What are your thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

HZD had a mediocre story with uninteresting characters. Doesn't even come close to James Cameron's movies.

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Flyin3lvl
Member since 2013 • 3173 Posts

@sanghelle56: hope you dont mind im gonna look past the terminator reference and talk about horizon.

i brought on release and was the best game i pre ordered in a long time at that point, jumped on frozen wilds soon as that went up on pre order and loved the new story aspect.

i got the platinum and was two trophies short on frozen wilds and then they added the new game plus so in total 4 trophies short and now this year jumped back in new game plus on ultra hard.

my tips- look for those power packs a quest will open you will see it and worth the effort.... play ALL side quests they link very well in the overall story and WILL be a benefit for the ""looming shadow"" so if it says ""no point of no return"" make sure them side quests are done (ok some- i must stress ""some"" are a little filler but adds to the background story of the new world still gotta get them levels up and rewards help stocking items)

when you take down some of the bigger machines if you remove certain components a yellow icon will appear above them - pick them up :D ........ do the cauldrons ....... basically absorb as much of the game possible, nothing is out of reach then enjoy the looming shadow, everything is worth the time and effort for the ending ........ in normal mode i didnt rely to heavy on the potions to resit fire/ freeze and corruptions BUT very needed in ultra hard :d but they are useful in early game and i found the wire traps better then the traps you just lay down ... same in hard mode the machines just always seem to jump or avoid the traps but will always hit the wired traps.

hunting wild animals i must admit was a little chore to upgrade the pouches for holding more items ( find a rat/fish/owl skin/ bone - how does a tiny bit of skin make such a difference to a large pouch? but again need those meat for fast travel and potion purposes so again they do tie together get that for this and by doing that got said item for craft) ......

never in my time have i played a near perfect game from story to action .... and characters you can believe based in the world and settings

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts
@sanghelle56 said:

What are your thoughts?

i don't get why you're comparing a 2017 video game you haven't played with a film from 1984 tbh pal. could you be clearer?

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 499 Posts

@Macutchi: Because they both deal with A.I. bent on killing humanity. Should've touched more on that so it wouldn't seem like a random comparison, sorry.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts
@sanghelle56 said:

@Macutchi: Because they both deal with A.I. bent on killing humanity. Should've touched more on that so it wouldn't seem like a random comparison, sorry.

ok i see the connection.

in terminator, skynet was designed to protect the earth, it became self aware, humans tried to shut it down, it perceived them to be an enemy... war ensues.

in hzd, machines were created to help humanity, a software glitch in the combat built machines makes them start attacking humans, some genius gave the combat machines the ability to enslave other machines, the glitch spreads... war ensues.

there's a lot more to hzd than that by the way, but i can't really say much else for fear of spoiling it for you. the zero dawn bit of the title plays a big part in the story

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@sanghelle56 said:

What are your thoughts?

i don't get why you're comparing a 2017 video game you haven't played with a film from 1984 tbh pal. could you be clearer?

I think TC is talking about Terminator: Salvation (the one with Christian Bale as John Connor) and I as a person who played HZD & watch all the Terminator movies, HZD is our Terminator Salvation cause both share similarities. But yeah, HZD is one of my top 5 PS4 exclusive games and never consider better then Terminator but HZD sure borrows Mad Max style.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I wouldn't.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

Well ... later in the game you'll see that your comparaison isn't that good since the story show something completely different and way more optimistic than Terminator's story.

One of my top 5 games from the last two gen. I still listen to the soundtrack almost daily. Very beautiful. I think I'll do my second playthrough this year since RE2 and MK11 are the only games worth it to me this year.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

What's with all the freaking retarded comparison threads lately?

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Kind of a weird comparison but Horizon Zero Dawn is in my top 5 this gen. It was great and I really look forward to playing it again on the hardest difficulty soon. The music, story, worldbuilding, graphics, and combat were all top notch imo and there was a nice amount of side content too after beating all of the main quests

Longsnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Longsnout
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts

Better how?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Recently brought this after picking up a PS4. Heard it has a good story and rpg elements can't wait after I finish up a couple of other games.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

That is a strange comparison...

I'd say they are definitely different... but their both really important it seems to me for different reasons as well.... so it's complicated.

One is a video game and another is terminator a movie franchise... so different formats....

But I don't think that matters... I'd just comapre them one the basis of overall themes I guess.

Like Terminator is a movie in the 80s that almost exactly feels to predict the present. that's pretty crazy it's hard to ignore that fact.

HZD came out of absolutely nowhere and doesn't seem to rp predict anything but seems to have incredible value... so those are two very different things.

But both have intense value and I would say right now neither is better than the other.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Terminator 2 is one of the best action movies made. No. The first 5 minutes alone are better, never mind the rest of the movie.

Also, regarding cliche', it completely subverts the first movie by making the antagonist the polar opposite of Arnold both personality and physical appearance.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

One major weakness of Terminator though is just the pure schlock stylings obscuring what is actually a fairly interesting thing... it would of been great as a Ph. D

so in retrospect ish I'm going to give the slight advantage to HZD because the concept as a whole is more round and solid.