Hondalover66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hondalover66
Member since 2016 • 123 Posts

Which game do you think is a better games. Yes I know it’s subjective but just was wondering what you guys thought. Thanks!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Wolfenstein since you know AC...lol

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

i've just started playing wolfenstein. after a seriously long ass intro sequence that began to drag and was hard to follow, the game gets going quickly and seems really good so far.

i wouldn't touch assassin's creed with a barge pole. all reviews point to this "reboot" being the same as previous games - fiddly, unresponsive controls, poor stealth mechanics (amazing that after a zillion games they still haven't nailed the assassin aspect), lots of grinding through compulsive side content etc.

yes, it has a pretty setting and yes there's been improvements to combat and the content of side quests but in the last game syndicate these were really poor, highly shallow aspects that were rightly criticised so naturally they've had to improve them. they had to improve something.

so to summarise, wolfenstein

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

if you can try and pick up both.

Hondalover66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hondalover66
Member since 2016 • 123 Posts

@Macutchi: Wonderful response. Thanks for your input!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

Having played both, I can wholeheartedly recommend Wolfenstein: The New Colossus by about 2000%

It is an incredible experience as a game, with really great cinematic and immersive story telling, awesome gameplay, fun enemies...I mean the "Wolfenstein-verse" Nazis are just amazingly fun to kill. Every time you do you're like "YEAH! YOU DESERVE THIS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!" and it is just a pleasure to play.

AC is more of the same, but worse. I said it before and I will say it again: it is the ME: Andromeda of the AC franchise. Is it terrible? No. Do you sometimes cringe or want to stick a fork in your leg when you play it? Yes. I mean I'm "level 12" in the game and more than a few hours in, and I still really do not understand what is going on (in AC's defense, I have not done too many story quests, just side missions): all I know is I am out for revenge, Greece is an occupying force (aka "the bad guys you can kill whenever"), and I'm a warrior from an ancient line of warriors. Yawn.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I haven't played Wolf yet. What does it do different than other FPS's? Is it linear point and shoot style or something fresh?

RevolverRick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 RevolverRick
Member since 2017 • 31 Posts

@todddow: It's Linear, yes. However it gives the player a chance to tackle most of the objectives via stealth or loud. It really depends on you. So the pacing is adjusted and provides something new while playing. Plus the script writing is on point, specially with the humour. The gunplay has a great and smooth feeling while playing. Give it a try.