With Sony's absence in this year's E3, what I can expect for PS4 exclusives?

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I believe some of the PS4 exclusive games will be covered by third party companies like Square-Enix for example but first party ones such as Last of Us 2 definitely won't be there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

You can expect the last of us 2 to come out in 2019

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

I rarely notice a lack of gaming content on PS4 and I barely even play a lot on offer.

Never really cared for majority of Sony first party 'PS4 exclusive games' anyhow. But I assume if the upcoming Armored Core'ish game is in fact done in-partnership with Sony Japan Studios, then it will only be on PS4/PS5.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Jūsan Kihei Bōeiken) hasn't released yet either, and was planned for PS4 and Vita.

And I'm sure Nippon Ichi Software will have some good games in development as well, which usually hit Sony platforms first.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Sony has their own event and I believe their philosophy, particularly with the ability to reach gamers via youtube and the like is just to release news strategically when it won't be lost or have to compete with news from competing companies.

It's nice as a gamer to have everyone at E3 just for the celebration of it all, but from the standpoint of an individual company, you can understand why Sony would see everyone dropping their news at the same time as being disadvantageous for Sony, especially when your platform is big enough to garner attention on its own, any time of the year. It's sorta like how everyone used to release all their games in the 4th quarter and inevitably had games losing out sales to other games for the very same system. No point. Spread it around.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@XVision84 said:

You can expect the last of us 2 to come out in 2019

Doesn't look like it... rumour is it's been pushed to early 2020 because of Death Stranding filling the Q4 2019 slot.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RSM-HQ
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Doesn't look like it... rumour is it's been pushed to early 2020 because of Death Stranding filling the Q4 2019 slot.

Shame that even watching the latest trailer I zoned out of Death Stranding.

Goes without saying what we saw was very convoluted but now at least we know a little more about gameplay.

Is it a "Survival Horror game" has now been answered. No. Scripted to hell with MGS5'ish stealth and action? Yes.

The weird US twist is also a tad off putting personally. MGS2 all over again, which we already know everyone found messy. It works for Rising and Metal Wolf because it's light-hearted. Here seems forced in a weird way.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Industry has not seen E3 as important event for decades...

As for Sony exclusives, plenty enough coming up.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Shame that even watching the latest trailer I zoned out of Death Stranding.

Goes without saying what we saw was very convoluted but now at least we know a little more about gameplay.

Is it a "Survival Horror game" has now been answered. No. Scripted to hell with MGS5'ish stealth and action? Yes.

The weird US twist is also a tad off putting personally. MGS2 all over again, which we already know everyone found messy. It works for Rising and Metal Wolf because it's light-hearted. Here seems forced in a weird way.

Yeah definitely doesn't look like my cup of tea... looks like a typical Kojima game. Convoluted for the sake of it.

To me it just seems like Kojima is a wannabe filmmaker who is trying to make a film in game form. That's why his games are 90% cutscene.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lembu90

@hrt_rulz01: I also see the most recent trailer of Death Stranding and I too were unimpressed as well. It looks like more polished Metal Gear Survive than anything else. Don't be surprised if DS will include microtransactions and always-on DRM like MGS before it.

Honestly I'm more interested on Babylon's Fall than DS and Last of Us 2. Judge by its E3 2018 trailer it looks like a Dark Souls clone but with Platinum Games involved, it should have much faster pace than Dark Souls.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ

@hrt_rulz01: I like quite a few of Kojima sans games. Would even go to state MGS original is one of the best games of the 32-bit generation. Just not feeling this one, had the same sense for MGS5 and paid off avoiding that mess.

Eitherway it's ironic everyone hates Konami these days and I threw money at the CastleVania collections and avoiding whatever the heck this game is suppose to be.

Better luck next time Kojima sama!

(if someone is just in a mood for a good looking Survival Horror game, just buy Resi2Remake. Avoid garbage like Death Stranding and Days Gone)

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Hopefully, we can see more of Granblue Fantasy: Relink. Would love an English release for this promising JRPG gem.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#12 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Well I was going to say TLOU2 but as others have said, it may have been pushed back. Maybe, just maybe the FF7 remake?

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lembu90

@speeny: No thanks although I'm more interested with Babylon's Fall though.

steaktage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 steaktage
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

death stranding PLEASE LORD!!!