Witcher 3 or Skyrim

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I recently upgraded from PS3 to PS4. I have Skyrim for PS3 and I loved it. Have at least 200+ hours in that game. Never played a Witcher game before but I constantly hear people raving about it. I'll have both eventually but only one is getting bought this week. If you guys had to choose one which would it be?

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Witcher 3 is endlessly better.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@putaspongeon: Is it on par with Skyrim as far as content, world size, freedom to fight how you want? I love Skyrim because you can do whatever tf you wanna do lol

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PutASpongeOn

@valgaav_219 said:

@putaspongeon: Is it on par with Skyrim as far as content, world size, freedom to fight how you want? I love Skyrim because you can do whatever tf you wanna do lol

Pretty sure it's bigger.

A big thing is that skyrim is a lot of reused assets and a lot of the quests are fetch quests.

The Witcher has quantity sure, but it also has quality. You have side quests that are better by miles than skyrim's main storylines.

The Witcher isn't "oh let's just randomly kill that person", however you can make huge decisions and the decisions you make are a lot more meaningful. For example there is no "oh this is a good decision and this is a bad decision", you make decisions where you have to maybe kill an innocent person but it helps the overall village or something, stuff like that.

Skyrim is just like "lol you can kill that person, I guess we'll just stop you from finishing that quest" but witcher 3 is like "you killed that person, well now live with the consequences or rewards of that because the world is living and breathing"

I honestly think Skyrim is a boring mess of repetitive dribble that is baby's first western rpg.

Witcher 3 is a master-class.

There are rpgs that compare on a rpg scale to the witcher 3 out there, however those are only isometric games that don't have the budget and manpower behind the witcher 3.

The Witcher 3 is infinitely better than Skryim.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58273 Posts

Apples to...a different kind of apple.

The Witcher offers really good story, better story telling, but (imo) slightly less freedom in gameplay; you're pretty much stuck to the sword-sign-token-crossbow combination of taking care of things, with the alchemy thrown in for fun. With that said, the combat is a lot more enjoyable.

Skyrim has more freedom in how you want to play the game, but the downside is that gameplay is a little more watered down.

Idunno...you already played the hell out of Skyrim, and you already own it on a console you still own. Why not give The Witcher a try? Branch out and trying something new. I promise you will enjoy it, whether or not you will enjoy it as much as Skyrim? I don't know, that's up to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Took me about 5 tries to get over how boring the first Witcher was to play but ended up falling in love with the series' story and Witcher 3 was absolutely sensational...a lot, lot, lot better than Skyrim in my opinion.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44106 Posts

Both are excellent but offer different experiences. Skyrim for the more open sandbox kind of game and The Witcher 3 for the more focused storytelling kind of game. Since you've already played Skyrim I would suggest that you go for The Witcher 3 a try first.

FenderKiller17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FenderKiller17
Member since 2017 • 122 Posts

Wow! that is a hard question for me.

I like them equally, however, if I had to choose I would have to say Skyrim wins this one with Witcher 3 directly behind it. I have poured hundreds of hours into each. Both games deserve a spot in any gamer's collection.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I enjoyed Skyrim much more.

I was disappointed with The Witcher 3. It felt like a chore to play and I hated the combat.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

It's not even a contest in my eyes... Witcher 3 is the far superior game in pretty much every aspect.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#12 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Comparing games that are a generation apart, of course The Witcher 3 is going to be better on the technical side of things. But I will still say that I enjoyed Skyrim a bit more at the time that I played it. It was my first Elder Scrolls game but its similarities to Fallout had me hooked almost right away. I was sucked into its world and enjoyed most of what there is to do. As for The Witcher 3, it was my first Witcher game which may impact how meaningful it felt to me personally. I have only minor complaints and I think it's a very good game in almost every regard. But I just wasn't quite as drawn into its world and found myself going through parts of it at a moderately fast pace. Still, I definitely recommend giving it a shot. I also put some 200+ hours into Skyrim but I'm also just a fan of open world games in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#13 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@SoNin360: I think that's probably what went wrong with me and Skyrim. I spent over 400 hours on Oblivion (ES IV) so when I played Skyrim I didn't feel like enough had changed to warrant much playtime. Sure, there were a lot of improvements on the gameplay and it was a lot less punishing and less of a chore to level what you wanted (to min/max Oblivion you had to choose everything you wanted to level as minor talents instead of major...stupid) but the game itself felt a bit same-y.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@valgaav_219 said:

I recently upgraded from PS3 to PS4. I have Skyrim for PS3 and I loved it. Have at least 200+ hours in that game. Never played a Witcher game before but I constantly hear people raving about it. I'll have both eventually but only one is getting bought this week. If you guys had to choose one which would it be?

Stay with Skyrim.

Witcher 3 is ok but it has major lacks that comes from being developed by a small studio.

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15  Edited By Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

As much as i love skyrim. witcher 3 is the better game. It has a more organic world, and there are more consequences to your actions. The combat is better, but to be be fair its not that hard to be better than skyrims combat. the side quests are more interesting and narrative driven, which is what i prefer.

I personally had a hard time returning to skyrim when the special edition came out. it was everythign that i had seen and done already and i got tired of skyrim quite quickly after 20 hours or so. I cant say that youll find the same though, you might love returning back to skyrim.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

Witcher 3's controls infuriated me. I found them either designed terrible, or a terrible pc port.

Skyrim has it's problems, the list UI is terrible with about 3/4 of the screen wasted on nothing, but with mods most of faults can be fixed.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Both games are, I felt a little more immersed in Skyrim but overall I would go with the Witcher 3.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PutASpongeOn

Skyrim is a bad game, over hyped as hell.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@putaspongeon said:

Don't think it's bad, but it's nowhere near as interesting as TW3.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@putaspongeon said:

Talking about the witcher 3, I got tired of sitting 2 inches from the screen to read certain witcher 3 things on ps4 + my computer is able to play everything at max settings in ultra and all that with quality frame rates so I ended up rebuying the game (had on ps4) on pc through gog (which means if I really wanted I could just pass the game around via flash drive and all that, but I won't), yay drm free.

But yeah I got the witcher 3, plus it's 2 expansions for 25 dollars on gog. That's pretty good since I stopped myself from buying it on steam a week ago since I wanted it on gog since gog > Steam, plus it's kind of their game anyway.

It all worked out in the end and now the witcher 3 is genuinely even more beautiful than it was before.

Talking about skyrim though, yeah, it's bad. It's the most uninspired game in the series and the series isn't even that good overall. I haven't touched skyrim in years.

Gwent came out today, I got it on gog (pc) and it also gave me a free copy of the witcher enhanced edition (first game), which was the only game I was missing, sucks that I have 2 on steam.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PutASpongeOn

@storm_of_swords said:

I was disappointed with The Witcher 3. It felt like a chore to play and I hated the combat.

Sounds like you haven't played skyrim if you thought the witcher 3 was the chore out of the 2 and was the one with weak combat.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PutASpongeOn

@SoNin360 said:

Comparing games that are a generation apart, of course The Witcher 3 is going to be better on the technical side of things. But I will still say that I enjoyed Skyrim a bit more at the time that I played it. It was my first Elder Scrolls game but its similarities to Fallout had me hooked almost right away. I was sucked into its world and enjoyed most of what there is to do. As for The Witcher 3, it was my first Witcher game which may impact how meaningful it felt to me personally. I have only minor complaints and I think it's a very good game in almost every regard. But I just wasn't quite as drawn into its world and found myself going through parts of it at a moderately fast pace. Still, I definitely recommend giving it a shot. I also put some 200+ hours into Skyrim but I'm also just a fan of open world games in general.

Technical, writing, minute to minute gameplay, world design, combat, and everything else.

You are trying to justify skyrim when skyrim is just a bad game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@putaspongeon: All I'm saying is that I enjoyed Skyrim more since I found it to be a very enjoyable game at the time. I recognize that The Witcher 3 outshines it in most categories from a technical standpoint, it's just that I didn't reach the same levels of enjoyment from playing it.

You are getting awfully defensive over a video game. That's fine that you didn't like Skyrim and loved The Witcher 3 but no matter how much you want to shout your opinions as facts, there are going to be people that think differently.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@putaspongeon said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Sounds like you haven't played skyrim if you thought the witcher 3 was the chore out of the 2 and was the one with weak combat.

I have and I love Skyrim.

Skyrim doesn't feel like a chore since in Skyrim I have the freedom to do whatever the hell I want to do and be whoever I want to be.

And while Skyrim's combat isn't perfect, I definitely prefer it over the poor and unsatisfying combat in The Witcher 3. Skyrim has more weapon variety, the first person view feels more satisfying to me, and the combat in Skyrim feels a little more grounded whereas the combat in The Witcher feels completely unrealistic.

In terms of realism, drawing a long sword from your back is not possible to do efficiently and nobody in real life would ever do that like Geralt does; if you look closely at the animation, the sword even pokes right out of the scabbard when he is pulling it out because his arms wouldn't be long enough to really pull the sword completely out of the scabbard on his back like that. And Geralt is constantly spinning and rolling which in a real fight would be silly and just leave him constantly open to attack. Have you ever tried to spin or roll like Geralt does in a real fight? It's a stupid thing to do in the middle of combat (see the video below) and it's even more unrealistic to do it while carrying a sword. Geralt would easily get his butt kicked and laughed at in a real fight or he would just injure himself beforehand by rolling with a sword.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I do enjoy Skyrim more.

The problem with Witcher 3 that you must fight how they choose to play that way. It is not fun to play a RPG where the game choose your role from the start.

KitCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KitCat
Member since 2017 • 20 Posts

I would say that since you haven't played Witcher yet to give that a try since you already own Skyrim. That being said I did not enjoy it as much as Skyrim. The biggest thing that turned me off of it was the movement of the character. I don't know if it is in the options to adjust it, but I hated how I felt like I didn't have full control of him when walking/running. I will say I found their card game to be VERY fun. I love it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Witcher 3 was waaay more impressive and I like the world, lore, and quest design a lot better.... but I think I had more fun with Skyrim+mods.

Plus I absolutely hated the way they made Geralt respond to movement input - I know it was more realistic, but it's so clunky. Witcher build (combat+alchemy) was eventually a lot of fun but it took forever.

It's pretty close for me.... Skyrim is not the greatest TES game otherwise it would be no contest.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Like both, skyrim imo though.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@storm_of_swords said:
@putaspongeon said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Skyrim doesn't feel like a chore since in Skyrim I have the freedom to do whatever the hell I want to do and be whoever I want to be.

And while Skyrim's combat isn't perfect, I definitely prefer it over the poor and unsatisfying combat in The Witcher 3. Skyrim has more weapon variety, the first person view feels more satisfying to me, and the combat in Skyrim feels a little more grounded whereas the combat in The Witcher feels completely unrealistic.

In terms of realism, drawing a long sword from your back is not possible to do efficiently and nobody in real life would ever do that like Geralt does; if you look closely at the animation, the sword even pokes right out of the scabbard when he is pulling it out because his arms wouldn't be long enough to really pull the sword completely out of the scabbard on his back like that. And Geralt is constantly spinning and rolling which in a real fight would be silly and just leave him constantly open to attack. Have you ever tried to spin or roll like Geralt does in a real fight? It's a stupid thing to do in the middle of combat (see the video below) and it's even more unrealistic to do it while carrying a sword. Geralt would easily get his butt kicked and laughed at in a real fight or he would just injure himself beforehand by rolling with a sword.

It's the rule of dark souls. You're fighting dragons, you aren't going to be parrying and using a shield, not to mention Geralt is a superhuman mutant.

Good job comparing a fat guy with a bad attempt at what seems like a doumawashi geri reverse. In the end it got him out of the attack btw.

Also spoiler alert: YOu can simply jump away, you're the one dive rolling around, dive rolling is used to clear larger distances to avoid attacks like big golems. Also it's hard to take you seriously while you're indirectly saying that skyrim combat is better than souls combat.

In a real fight geralt wouldn't even need to bother using any techniques and he'd just overpower/outspeed everyone. Saying moves are impractical for real people doesn't really have any weight when we're talking about superhumans.

But yeah, skyrim is a bad game with some of the worst combat in video games.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PutASpongeOn

@pyro1245 said:

Witcher 3 was waaay more impressive and I like the world, lore, and quest design a lot better.... but I think I had more fun with Skyrim+mods.

Plus I absolutely hated the way they made Geralt respond to movement input - I know it was more realistic, but it's so clunky. Witcher build (combat+alchemy) was eventually a lot of fun but it took forever.

It's pretty close for me.... Skyrim is not the greatest TES game otherwise it would be no contest.

Skyrim probably seems like a good game to you since you played it back in 2012 as your first rpg, it doesn't stand up, nor is it even good for it's time period.

Boring fetch quests, forgettable main quest, copy paste textures of dull greens and grays, copy paste dungeons, horrendous combat, and overall just a whole bunch of boring grind/walking around doing nothing.

It is literally one of if not THE MOST uninspired rpg out there, Bound by Flame or whatever had more going for it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uninspiredcup
@putaspongeon said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@putaspongeon said:
@storm_of_swords said:

It's the rule of dark souls. You're fighting dragons, you aren't going to be parrying and using a shield, not to mention Geralt is a superhuman mutant.

Good job comparing a fat guy with a bad attempt at what seems like a doumawashi geri reverse. In the end it got him out of the attack btw.

Also spoiler alert: YOu can simply jump away, you're the one dive rolling around, dive rolling is used to clear larger distances to avoid attacks like big golems. Also it's hard to take you seriously while you're indirectly saying that skyrim combat is better than souls combat.

In a real fight geralt wouldn't even need to bother using any techniques and he'd just overpower/outspeed everyone. Saying moves are impractical for real people doesn't really have any weight when we're talking about superhumans.

But when you hit <^>v, it works in Skyrim.

In the Witcher 3 it doesn't.

That's bad.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PutASpongeOn

@uninspiredcup said:
@putaspongeon said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@putaspongeon said:
@storm_of_swords said:

That's bad.

It works, it just adheres more to physics.

Not bad.

See, you're trying to justify nostalgia.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 uninspiredcup
@putaspongeon said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@putaspongeon said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@putaspongeon said:

That's bad.

It works, it just adheres more to physics.

Not bad.

See, you're trying to justify nostalgia.

Well no, I just like when I tell him to go right, he goes right.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pyro1245

@putaspongeon said:
@pyro1245 said:

Skyrim probably seems like a good game to you since you played it back in 2012 as your first rpg, it doesn't stand up, nor is it even good for it's time period.

Boring fetch quests, forgettable main quest, copy paste textures of dull greens and grays, copy paste dungeons, horrendous combat, and overall just a whole bunch of boring grind/walking around doing nothing.

It is literally one of if not THE MOST uninspired rpg out there, Bound by Flame or whatever had more going for it.

First RPG? What? Sheiiiit, son I've been playing RPGs since the 90's. I don't even think I'd consider Skyrim an RPG. Who said it was an RPG? I modded the hell out of Skyrim and never really played the vanilla version.....

I sunk 300+ hours into Skyrim and 200+ hours into W3, I have enough experience with both games to form a proper opinion.

I find your response unnecessary and useless. Did you even mean to respond to me or did you make a mistake?

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PutASpongeOn

@pyro1245 said:
@putaspongeon said:
@pyro1245 said:

First RPG? What? Sheiiiit, son I've been playing RPGs since the 90's. I don't even think I'd consider Skyrim an RPG. Who said it was an RPG? I modded the hell out of Skyrim and never really played the vanilla version.....

I sunk 300+ hours into Skyrim and 200+ hours into W3, I have enough experience with both games to form a proper opinion.

I find your response unnecessary and useless. Did you even mean to respond to me or did you make a mistake?

If you don't think skyrim is an rpg, you don't know what you're talking about =w=

KitCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KitCat
Member since 2017 • 20 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@putaspongeon said:
@storm_of_swords said:
@putaspongeon said:

That's bad.

I completely agree with you. His movement is the only reason I stopped playing Witcher because it pissed me off so much.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pyro1245

@putaspongeon: Are you lost, boy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@putaspongeon: With more weapon variety, a more immersive first person view, more grounded in reality sword fighting, and movement controls that aren't as terrible as the crappy movement controls in The Witcher 3, yeah, I would take Skyrim's combat over The Witcher 3's combat any day.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@storm_of_swords said:

@putaspongeon: With more weapon variety, a more immersive first person view, more grounded in reality sword fighting, and movement controls that aren't as terrible as the crappy movement controls in The Witcher 3, yeah, I would take Skyrim's combat over The Witcher 3's combat any day.

"weapon variety"

Not really, it's just a bunch of weapons that have the same attack animations but different visuals, witcher 3 has that as well.

I don't know what to tell you if skyrim made you feel immersed, it was a collectathon.

Both aren't realistic in their swordsmanship, I've trained in swordsmanship. At least the witcher has the benefit of being somewhat realistic due to the fact that even pre mutation you have witchers being superhuman and are fighting enemies much bigger. It's the reason why you don't use a shield in bloodborne, cuz you're fighting things that would crush through the shield and your spine in one swing. You only dodge roll to clear large distances, you're supposed to do jump strides to usually avoid most swings which is realistic. One could say the spins are unrealistic and they are within normal levels but when you're fighting a rock golem, you need all the torque/momentum you can get. The only real issue is gameplay issues that would make the combat more consistent but also make it a little more boring, geralt should be running through just about any non human like childsplay.

But yeah, skyrim's combat is among the worst in the industry.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I like both games i prefer skyrim

LaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LaP
Member since 2002 • 17786 Posts

Both games are great but if i had to chose i would chose Witcher 3.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2249 Posts

TW3 is infinitely better than skyrim imo... Even more so if you already played the hell out of it and never touched the witcher!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

I played both Skyrim & Witcher 3 on PC but Witcher 3 is the real deal and Skyrim is okay, Skyrim is mainly good for it's modding and doesn't hold a candle as Witcher 3 does so get Witcher 3 cause you can find Game of the Year Edition for lot less now and it comes with all the Expansion Packs that are worth the money I paid for.

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@putaspongeon said:

It's not that Skyrim is bad, it's mainly good for modding on PC but for modding on Xbox One, I don't know about that but the point is, Bethesda Games have always been about modding there games, I did the same for Fallout 4.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PutASpongeOn

@davillain- said:

I played both Skyrim & Witcher 3 on PC but Witcher 3 is the real deal and Skyrim is okay, Skyrim is mainly good for it's modding and doesn't hold a candle as Witcher 3 does so get Witcher 3 cause you can find Game of the Year Edition for lot less now and it comes with all the Expansion Packs that are worth the money I paid for.

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@putaspongeon said:

It's not that Skyrim is bad, it's mainly good for modding on PC but for modding on Xbox One, I don't know about that but the point is, Bethesda Games have always been about modding there games, I did the same for Fallout 4.

Don't you pretty much mean that the gamers make a better game than bethesda does considering fans make the mods =w=

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts

@putaspongeon: Yeah, that's what I meant but Skyrim isn't a bad game by any means.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PutASpongeOn

@davillain- said:

@putaspongeon: Yeah, that's what I meant but Skyrim isn't a bad game by any means.

It kind of is, the dlc is a bit better but still. It's just a lot of reused assets and boring color pallets.

Avatar image for walkthroughsandglitches
WalkthroughsAndGlitches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WalkthroughsAndGlitches
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

@valgaav_219: You can't really say which is better because you are comparing a game which was released in 2011 and 2015.Both Witcher 3 and Skyrim is good.Witcher 3 is great when it comes to graphics and both the games are great when it comes to open world but Witcher 3's map is really big i mean it is bigger than Grand Theft Auto 5.Wait! Skyrim's map is also damn huge.You can pretty much do anything in that game.So, I recommend you to play Witcher 3 first!

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@valgaav_219: Skyrim! No reason not to buy TW3 but it's a game absolutely obsessed with dialogue with limited combat and repetitive enemies. PLus it takes hours to simply get to a stage when you actually feel like this powerful witcher everyone claims you are.

SKyrim is better placed, has better rpg elements, has better rpg style combat and a better overall feel to the story which is not bookened by an endless stream of kinda boring, over talkative side quests.

TW3 is better in terms of graphics and in terms of providing a longer experience, if you believe mroe hours = better game.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

The Witcher 3 leaves you less overall freedom but everything else is leaps and bounds better than Skyrim.