Will you watch the Game Awards?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Will you watch the Game Awards? (21 votes)

No 71%
Yes 29%

Not. A. Chance.

Geoff Keighley is an unctuous obsequious terd, the nominations are usually determined by how many clicks and eyeballs the nominees bring not merit, and the shameless commercialization and cringe of the show is vomitous.

I’l watch the trailers on YouTube from a channel not associated with Keighley so he gets no clicks or monetization. The sooner he goes away, the less likely an asteroid will hit the planet and wipe us out like the dinosaurs, and the better off humanity will be.

• 
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Yes and I’ll be watching it live. I’ve always just enjoyed watching the show regardless of if my favourites win or not. Also really enjoying seeing some cool upcoming game reveals and what not.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

I think we should support what little we have in terms of gaming events. Do people not like it because that one C tier indie PC game in beta they played and found interesting wasn't nominated? Surprise, it's partly a popularity contest, but not entirely, and the games that win are usually good and among many people's GOTY lists.

Awards aside, they show trailers and what not. I like that it somewhat pushes the industry forward, as people realize there are other games outside F2P battle royales.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

Nah & video game awards aren't interesting to me. I'll read couple of articles about it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ  Online
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

No, but I will probably see people post the results, and if any the trailers look interesting may watch some.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Yes i cant wait see new games revaled

Againstcurent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 Againstcurent
Member since 2021 • 147 Posts

I will curious about what other people like, but that usually doesn't affect my choice, right

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Nope.

I have a contradictory mindset towards games in that they are fun to take seriously as long as you don't take them serious for real. That is, if you want to debate for hours upon end about whether Master Chief is better than Doom Guy, that's all good provided you realize it is a pointless and objectively stupid exercise.

But the second you start taking video games serious for real--like with an award ceremony, for example--then that defeats the purpose of video games. And the purpose of video games is to have lazy, timewasting, nonproductive fun because sometimes that is what people need after a hard day's work.

TL;DR: no, I won't be watch, I think video game awards are stupid and antithetical to the nature of video games.

@ahrequenomori said:

I think we should support what little we have in terms of gaming events. Do people not like it because that one C tier indie PC game in beta they played and found interesting wasn't nominated? Surprise, it's partly a popularity contest, but not entirely, and the games that win are usually good and among many people's GOTY lists.

Awards aside, they show trailers and what not. I like that it somewhat pushes the industry forward, as people realize there are other games outside F2P battle royales.

I think that is why we shouldn't watch. We shouldn't support the companies that tend to dominate these awards. The EA's, the Ubisofts, the Sony's and Microsofts, and so on.

These companies have been taking their developers in a direction away from gamers and towards their shareholders.

It's not about supporting some obscure independent developer, it's more about showing the undeservingly-labeled AAA publishers we are not interested.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

Every year, I always do😉

My money's on Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart winning the GOTY cause I think Insomniac Games really work hard on the game and they never won any awards. This would be a nice thing if they win something.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I don't think you're supporting these companies by watching the awards, you're supporting them by buying their games. Watching the show has no impact on them, because they (and their games) are already extremely popular. We should have more events like these IMO, otherwise the whole gaming industry would be going backwards.

Actually, by watching these shows we might get a new one centered exclusively around indies and small devs at some point, and it could be just as big.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

The show is quite the mess, with plenty of cringe. Of course I'll be watching.

Brunoxgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Brunoxgames
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

@GalvatronType_R: yes, big game fan and also saw google gave Best Gaming App of 2021 to BGMI

Also, some of the best competitive games include

Battleground Mobile India,

Summoners War,

Pokemon Unite,

Marvel Future Revolution,

Suspects: Mystery Mansion.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:

whether Master Chief is better than Doom Guy, that's all good provided you realize it is a pointless and objectively stupid exercise.

Seeing as this is Games Discussion, I will take that stupid exercise ツ

As characters, Master Chief can only carry two primary weapons at a time while D00M Guy/Slayer can carry every weapon. . while vaulting at speeds that surpass his own fired rocket launcher, so I think the logical one is the guy who can carry the Big ****ing Gun and Crucible.

Now as games, what is better Halo and D00M? I think it's about even. They both have mediocre and bad games, some in the middle. And some games from both franchises are highly regarded. Halo overall has better multiplayer than D00M franchise though, Quake was always id Softwares multiplayer games for replayability and quality. Think D00M has more decent campaigns. If we include spin-offs? D00M RPG is actually pretty good, Halo Wars is a mediocre RTS experience.

So am going to count this as a tie. D00M has gems in a hit or miss franchise. As has Halo, namely after 343 picked up the leftovers. So in that regard I think you can do no wrong with Master Chief or D00M.

D00M Guy is likely the stronger character as of 2021, yet he also has some games that go far beyond the norm and even on parody levels of absurdity (D00M Eternal) am personally not a fan of how they handled Eternal and the main protagonist, yet it's still an excellent game.

Microsoft owns them both so it doesn't really matter one way or another. I wouldn't even be shocked when id Software develop the next Halo game. I know some are hyped on Infinite but cannot be overlooked that they're over a year late from the original release and missing a ton of features. The multiplayer while getting a lot of positivity is also getting a equal amont of negativity also.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

whether Master Chief is better than Doom Guy, that's all good provided you realize it is a pointless and objectively stupid exercise.

Seeing as this is Games Discussion, I will take that stupid exercise ツ

As characters, Master Chief can only carry two primary weapons at a time while D00M Guy/Slayer can carry every weapon. . while vaulting at speeds that surpass his own fired rocket launcher, so I think the logical one is the guy who can carry the Big ****ing Gun and Crucible.

Now as games, what is better Halo and D00M? I think it's about even. They both have mediocre and bad games, some in the middle. And some games from both franchises are highly regarded. Halo overall has better multiplayer than D00M franchise though, Quake was always id Softwares multiplayer games for replayability and quality. Think D00M has more decent campaigns. If we include spin-offs? D00M RPG is actually pretty good, Halo Wars is a mediocre RTS experience.

So am going to count this as a tie. D00M has gems in a hit or miss franchise. As has Halo, namely after 343 picked up the leftovers. So in that regard I think you can do no wrong with Master Chief or D00M.

D00M Guy is likely the stronger character as of 2021, yet he also has some games that go far beyond the norm and even on parody levels of absurdity (D00M Eternal) am personally not a fan of how they handled Eternal and the main protagonist, yet it's still an excellent game.

Microsoft owns them both so it doesn't really matter one way or another. I wouldn't even be shocked when id Software develop the next Halo game. I know some are hyped on Infinite but cannot be overlooked that they're over a year late from the original release and missing a ton of features. The multiplayer while getting a lot of positivity is also getting a equal amont of negativity also.

I'm also gonna play this stupid game by posting this stupid vid and enjoy the rest of your gaming days🤪

Loading Video...

Please don't take Death Battle seriously. They are always meant to be fun to watch for guilty pleasure ^-^

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online

@davillain-: I've never watched a Death Battle but based on the age of the tagged video "ten years"

That was pre-2016 and Eternal in which D00M Slayer got silly buffs to the character and armory. If we base it solely on the OG D00M Guy, Chief probably comes ontop, after all the best weapon in the older games was BFG (which got later buffed with planet breaker BFG 10,000) and Unmaker (which can only harm demons).

But with Eternal alone?. . . sorry I think Chief is smoked

Loading Video...
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ: Oopsie! I didn't notice the year until you pointed out. I enjoy both of these characters so I can't pick either one, and I do love both of their games.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ  Online
@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: Oopsie! I didn't notice the year until you pointed out. I enjoy both of these characters so I can't pick either one, and I do love both of their games.

Same, cannot say I love all the games of both but like them equally more or less. Played a lot of Halo and played a lot of D00M.

I like Master Chief, he is more of a guardian figure, protector. Whether as D00M Slayer I honestly don't like what they did with him in the last game. He's kind of a jerk. Sure it's cool to see a big buff dood blow **** up but that's all he does and they focused too much time on a one note character rather than the world, and it is very absurd at times, comes across as a child's power fantasy. D00M use to be about the horrifying place you are in, and now it's more about the character and how badass he is. .

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@RSM-HQ: @davillain-: and this is why I like you guys so much 👍

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RSM-HQ  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:

@RSM-HQ: @davillain-: and this is why I like you guys so much 👍

Too kind!

Even though it was intended as a joke I do actually like those kind of conversations. As long as everyone doesn't be toxic or overly serious in the debate, it is harmless "what do you think" fun. And I do enjoy chatting about games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Doubt it... it's too drawn out and bloated. I'll watch the highlights.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#21 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Haven't watched it since they had a trailer for Uncharted 2. Probably just see the highlights if any.

Againstcurent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Againstcurent
Member since 2021 • 147 Posts

I turned the show off when I heard "LGBT.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Nope I don't give a damn about award shows.