Will we ever see another Sonic Adventure?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

The last one was Sonic Adventure 2, which was great, and Shadow the Hedgehog was alright but wasn't the same. I'd love to see another one though but what are the chances?

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Doubt it. So far, the new Sonic game that Sega is doing returns the blue hedgehog to his 2d roots.
Avatar image for Princess_Rectum
Princess_Rectum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Princess_Rectum
Member since 2004 • 222 Posts

Doubt it. So far, the new Sonic game that Sega is doing returns the blue hedgehog to his 2d roots.Miroku32

Oh, like Sonic Advance? How fresh and exciting....

I think they should make a new Sonic Adventure. I really like SA2, would love to see another one like it.... one where Sonic doesn't have.... a sword...

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

The last one was Sonic Adventure 2, which was great, and Shadow the Hedgehog was alright but wasn't the same. I'd love to see another one though but what are the chances?

livinitup01

This man is obviously insane.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 livinitup01

[QUOTE="livinitup01"]

AtomicTangerine

This man is obviously insane.

Not insane at all. I played it when it was younger. I was really glad to see Shadow in his own game but the game was done badly. I liked the weapons but yeah, the game needed help.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
No. Sega doesn't put out good Sonic games anymore. Didn't you know this?
lynxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lynxed
Member since 2009 • 129 Posts

I liked the Sonic Adventure games better than the originals, despite the constant camera failures (at least on the GC version). I'd like to see a Sonic game in the vein of SA1, where you have a little more choice about whose levels you do at any given point, than SA2. I hated Tails/Eggman stages so much that it really impeded my progress through SA2. At least I could put off the Amy stages in SA1.

Heck, I even think Sonic Adventure could be cool with a Super Mario Galaxy-style set up, where there are a bunch of zones with a few different levels in them, and you (playing only as Sonic) choose which one to do.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
The first Sonic Adventure was great. The second one was bogged down by Knuckles' and Tails' slower segments. If there is to be another Sonic Adventure, then it just needs to be sonic. Sonic is best when he's running around at great speeds gathering coins. There really doesn't need to be anything else.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Very unlikely...
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Doubt it. And even if another one came out, the original will always be the best.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

Sonic is best when he's running around at great speeds gathering coins.JustPlainLucas

Coins? :P

Anyway, the SA games were good but I dont understandhow alotpeople say part 1 was great but part 2 was bad because of the Non-Sonic levels when Sonic Adventure 1 had the same slow placed gem-hunting levels, E-102 shooting levels, Amy's levels which were pretty slow and relied alot on her hammer and even fishing.

I love Sonic but everyone seemed to except all that other stuff in part 1 (even major reviews) but in part 2 everyone freaked out and started complaining.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Not sure if there's going to be a Sonic Adventure 3. Right now I think Sega's currently doing the Sonic Storybook series, or rather continuing them. It'd be nice to see a third Sonic Adventure though.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 livinitup01
Ugh. Why can't SEGA be cool and just release a Sonic Adventure 3? I guess it wouldn't be the same without the Chao Garden and the VMU walks (oh, the memories). Wouldn't it be nice if they made Sonic Adventure 3 and made it so that you could download the Chao onto your DS and take it for a walk? A guy can dream right?
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AtomicTangerine

You guys do realize that Sonic Adventure isn't very good anymore, right? Like that formula has aged horribly. Even the enhanced Gamecube remake that was put out a few years later got reviewed poorly.

What you guys want is a good Sonic game that changes things up substantially so that you can play it in 2009 and have fun. If you got another game like Sonic Adventure 1 or 2, you would be getting a game that would be a huge letdown, even for you.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 livinitup01

You guys do realize that Sonic Adventure isn't very good anymore, right? Like that formula has aged horribly. Even the enhanced Gamecube remake that was put out a few years later got reviewed poorly.

What you guys want is a good Sonic game that changes things up substantially so that you can play it in 2009 and have fun. If you got another game like Sonic Adventure 1 or 2, you would be getting a game that would be a huge letdown, even for you.

AtomicTangerine
Are you sure about that? I want a Sonic game that takes place in an open world and has different levels that can be replayed in any order while adding other elements to the way you can play the game. Chao's added a lot to the Sonic series in my opinion and Sonic needs something similar to that to really make the series stand out. Maybe the game should mix 2D and 3D a bit better, make things faster, or something different that hasn't been done before. I'm not an expert but I think that'd be a good place to start. It just seems like they're focusing more on the young gamers than the Sonic veterans. Maybe they need to bring back the original ideas which made Sonic great back in the heyday and combine them with what's great now.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I hope not. I thought Sonic Adventure was pretty crummy compared to all of the standard Genesis games.

bm1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 bm1212
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts
The older Sonic games were simply mind blowing but then the games start to deteriate. I remember the old Sonic game on the sega dreamcast, Sonic Adventure it was called. That game was a true classic. Then when the newer ps2 sonic games came out, I didn't even think about getting them. The reason being they weren't real platform games and just mere spin-offs. Then I actually got excited upon hearing that a new sonic game was coming out and it was a platformer! Then when I got the ps3 and saw the reviews I was shocked. The game recieved well below average reviews, hardly touching mediocrity. I am truly disappointed, how did the once thriving platforming franchise become this bad? I do hope they make a new Sonic Adventure game and I hope that it rekindles the flame that was extinguished since the release of the ps2.
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I loved the first SA, but for whatever reason, I never got into SA 2. Sonic Adventure was really popular when it came out for Dreamcast, and when re-released for GC I don't think it was that popular. Not sure if there even is a cult following of the SA games...I know tons of people who thought the game was incredibly boring and not worth finishing. But then again, you got to love the hilarious lip-synching problems in SA1.:lol: I don't think we will be seeing a Sonic Adventure 3 any time soon.

Nintendonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nintendonly
Member since 2009 • 1409 Posts

Sonic World Adventure (Sonic Unleashed).

halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

Hopefully. They just have to listen to the fans if they want it to be good. (No werehogs, don't give hedgehogs weapons, don't make a game with a loading screen every 5 seconds, etc.)

AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AtomicTangerine

I loved the first SA, but for whatever reason, I never got into SA 2. Sonic Adventure was really popular when it came out for Dreamcast, and when re-released for GC I don't think it was that popular. Not sure if there even is a cult following of the SA games...I know tons of people who thought the game was incredibly boring and not worth finishing. But then again, you got to love the hilarious lip-synching problems in SA1.:lol: I don't think we will be seeing a Sonic Adventure 3 any time soon.

toxic_jackal

Which is what I've been trying to say man. The original was a big deal because it looked amazing at the time. It was just a thrill to watch Sonic run through the levels. By the time the game went to Gamecube, it wasn't the graphical marvel it once was. Without the awesome graphics, Sonic Adventure was revealed to be what it was the whole time- a shallow, boring game. Sonic Adventure 2 was the same way. Even the levels where Sonic runs basically plays themselves and need only the occasional button press from the player.