Will they ever make an HD remake of 007 Nightfire?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 1moe7 (25 posts) -

I would be the happiest nerd in the world if they did.
Opinions?

#2 Posted by meetroid8 (21152 posts) -
There are no plans to, and there probably won't ever be any.
Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
#3 Posted by 19elderscroll86 (751 posts) -

What, why.

#4 Posted by ShadowDeathX (11690 posts) -
lol the game was good, but not good enough to warrant an HD remake. The PC version still has people playing the game online btw...although the console version had the better single player.
#5 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Probably not. It was really good (PC version was meh), but not MGS or God of War good. Plus I think there might be issues as EA was publisher for those games and Activision is current holder of the Bond license.

Of course you could just go out and buy it again for PS2. Statistically speaking, everyone here owns a PS2 twice, and if you don't then a PS2 is like $50.

#6 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -
EA published the game, and needs the Bond license to make any game under its wing. This is also the reason why Goldeneye 64 will not be remade like Perfect Dark. Rare made it, which is owned by Microsoft, and needs the license to do so. I kind of miss Agent Under Fire myself.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#7 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9193 posts) -
I doubt it. The only really well known/remembered 007 game is Goldeneye.
#8 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

I doubt it. The only really well known/remembered 007 game is Goldeneye.Eikichi-Onizuka

While that's true, it doesn't mean Goldeneye is the only standout in the series. Blood Stone and Quantam are both good Bond games in their own right.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#9 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21513 posts) -
Nightfire taught me one thing: X-Ray goggles show you men's skeletons, but women's underwear
#10 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

Nightfire taught me one thing: X-Ray goggles show you men's skeletons, but women's underwearBlack_Knight_00

:lol:

#11 Posted by Just-Breathe (3130 posts) -
If they did I'd buy it, but I highly doubt we will see a HD remake. Nightfire is my favorite Bond game too, better than Goldeneye imo.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#12 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9193 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]I doubt it. The only really well known/remembered 007 game is Goldeneye.Metamania

While that's true, it doesn't mean Goldeneye is the only standout in the series. Blood Stone and Quantam are both good Bond games in their own right.

I haven't played either of those but I might try Blood Stone some time. Everything Or Nothing is my favorite Bond game. I could easily see a remake port of any of the 007 games, with all the PS3 collections surfacing but not remakes. Actually probably not, come to think of it. Since most of the past games were published by EA and now Activision owns the 007 game license.
#13 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]I doubt it. The only really well known/remembered 007 game is Goldeneye.Eikichi-Onizuka

I haven't played either of those but I might try Blood Stone some time. Everything Or Nothing is my favorite Bond game. I could easily see a remake port of any of the 007 games, with all the PS3 collections surfacing but not remakes. Actually probably not, come to think of it. Since most of the past games were published by EA and now Activision owns the 007 game license.

If you are going to try Blood Stone, here's a warning in advance; the controls can be iffy, specifically the driving sequences. They don't control as well as you would hope for while driving. Driving in Blood Stone is like being on ice; very slippery. So you just have to be careful. The other thing that I don't like about Blood Stone is that headshots normally don't kill. Even if you shoot them in the head, they just wiggle for a second and then act like nothing happened. It's really stupid. But overall, Blood Stone is a fun Bond game to go through.

#14 Posted by 1moe7 (25 posts) -

bump

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
#15 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (21513 posts) -

bump

1moe7
Why?
#16 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="1moe7"]

bump

Black_Knight_00

Why?

Exactly.

Why bump an old thread? No reason to.

#17 Posted by chicknfeet (15630 posts) -
I would rather they make an HD remix of Top Gun from the original NES. THAT would make my day ^_^