Will they ever make a game like this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I like open world games. I like driving from location to location and action mixed with puzzle solving. Can't stand GTA for some reason. Just the over the top storyline and premise takes me out of the game. I think out of all open world games this gen Assassins creed I liked best. Skyrim and Fallout are too rpg and fantasy and post apocalyptic and I like the driving aspect of GTA. I've played sleeping dogs. I've played them all I think. I'm looking forward to Watch Dogs but I'm not sure it will hit what I'm looking for. I want more a heavy rain darker theme mature story game set in an open world. LA Noire was this but the gameplay was terrible imo.

Do you know what I'm referring to like a police quest game with more mature themes and good gameplay and action and puzzle solving.. Like bladerunner but more modern. I guess watchdogs and the assassins creed series is the closest i'm going to get if I don't like GTA.

LA Noire i thought was going to be this but they did a really poor job with it imo.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I would expect the next Hitman game to be open world, you may yet have your wish granted.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

I'm getting sick of open world games, mainly because their gameplay is usually mediocre, or just plain bad, and the depth to the games are usually very weak. Yes I would put GTA in this catagory, even though I do enjoy the games. I prefer open world area type games, what I mean by this is: you have many different areas, but they are quite open, and are enough to be explored. Kinda similar to how Kingdoms of Amalur worked. I believe this is how MGSV, and DA:I will be like.

Than again Morrowind existed, and that was simply fantastic, even though I find Oblivion, and Skyrim quite less so, they are definitely not bad games.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Celtic_34

I agree these games kind of miss the mark somewhere. They try to be too whatever they are gameplay wise and miss the mark imo. Most things to do are all pretty boring as well. I'd like an open world game with a tight nit story and where the actions and decisions you make actually play a role moreso. LA Noire had a good story. it also seemed like they could have just toned down the interrogation stuff. had more questioning but random events and how you solved each case effected the story. also could have had more police stuff to do. it was basically the same thing over and over rinse and repeat and they ahd side missions that came over the radio. it was very generic imo. Cool story and setting though and the main missions themselves were pretty good as far as action sequences and shootouts and what not.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Celtic_34

Too many collectibles and fetch quests and mindless gameplay imo. The mini games are all kind of boring as well. I think open world games are overrated this way. The stories are bad too. All they have is the open world imo. These games that try to be too over the top sandboxes like saints row are cheesy as well imo. These developers are just missing the mark somewhere. Fallout 3 at least had a cool atmosphere and things to do for the most part.