Will there ever be a Lord Of The Rings free roam game? (on consoles)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_gamer_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 the_gamer_kid
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
The White Council should have been amazing. We all looked forward to it. Then, it was paused indefinately :( Will there ever be a free roam game in Middle Earth; on the consoles that doesn't require a monthly subscription? And I mean all of Middle Earth; Gondor, Dale, Rohan, The Shire, even Mordor. I mean, come on, even if it's scaled down, it would work. Imagine an Oblivion style free-roam game set in Middle Earth. I hope, one day, there will be. And, if EA can't do it, they should give Bethesda Softworks the licence! :/
Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#2 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Don't hold your breath for this generation.

cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

I hope there is but I doubt it. Lord of the rings Conquest was pretty crap and was really dissapointing. I wish there was. That would be great. It would sort of be a RPG thing where you could travel like 50,000 square miles around whenever you wanted. Where you could do anything and there was epic battles and you could do anything at any time. That would be the best. Thats my dream game but unfortunately I highly doubt that that would ever happen. All the other previous Pandemic LOTR games have been set on missions where you have to work your way through the stroy. Hope there is but there probably wont be.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
If there was any justice in the world, someone would be making a LotR-themed Elder Scrolls clone right now.
the_gamer_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_gamer_kid
If there was any justice in the world, someone would be making a LotR-themed Elder Scrolls clone right now.Cherokee_Jack
Yeah, I bet EA realise that there is huge potential. Who knows, maybe their working on White Council in secret? (Unlikely)
LGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 LGTX
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

EA's a cashmaking company. If they are working on something, they would at least make a teaser or some other promotion for the sake of some income.

And I really hope that a LOTR Open-world RPG is made. It would take an ungodly amount of time but if Middle-Earth will be reproduced, At least twice the size of The Capital Wasteland(Crazy yeah, but no other way), it should be just fine. And I disagree on Bethesda. Fallout 3 is great, perfect even, but the Oblivion Engine's flaws are becoming a pain in the @$$, and I don't think that LOTR even deserves things like bad animation. Bioware's my choice.

the_gamer_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_gamer_kid
Good point. But. I just learnt something. Whilst browsing Gamespot's news section, I found out that, apparently, Warner bros are buying the Peter Jackson LOTR license for lotr games. Is this good, or bad. (Please be good) P.S. They own Travellers Tales. Does this mean lego lotr :S Link to the news page: http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/middleearthonline/news.html?sid=6206033&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;2
LGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 LGTX
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

Yes I've heard of that. Well after what Pandemic did with Conquest, I guess it can't get much worse. But Warner Bros sponsored Wanted: Weapons of Fate, non-comparable to LOTR of course, but nonetheless the rare example of a good movie-licenced game.