Will Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate gets good reviews?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Just wondering on this, what is the metacritic average/gamespot score they will give MHGU?. I am predicting no more than a meta average of 71 and gamespot score of 6/10.

MH world is such a great "rebirth" with amazing QoL improvements that when I go back to play MH4u, I feel the clunkiness of old MH games. What I need is an expansion to MHW, not some old ports.

*P.S. old MH style games is still fun, but its definitely not for everyone.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@sakaixx: Debatable, GS gave X/Gen a good review and I consider that the worst MH game since Online.

So I would personal say "yes", but deep down not recommend XX to anyone who's a serious MH fan.

Because XX isn't a very good MH game, X series are spin-offs rushed to celebrate MH anniversary. X games are not traditional Monster Hunter games themselves due to all the gimmicks they have added to make the game seem more flashy but add no depth.

Include to that odd new monsters that don't fit in the series, and overall bad map designs that rarely benefit gameplay.

People are better with playing MH4G if they want a traditional MH experience. Otherwise better to move along and play World.

If someone only has a Switch however? I guess they're stuck with it. But I'd rather wait for a World port on Switch.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sakaiXx

@RSM-HQ: have you played MHGU/MHXX? I know MHG is pretty bad but even MHGU? Thought that extra year they use to fix the things people hate about MHG.

darkzoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 darkzoomer
Member since 2018 • 105 Posts

It'll probably get average reviews, which at this point wouldn't mean much.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sakaiXx

@darkzoomer: why? Mon hun world stellar reviews among few things that helped it to ship over 8.5m copies.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@sakaixx: I have both the X games and barely put 50 hours into each. I do not rate them very highly. And neither MH communities on 4gamer and GFAQ rate them well either.

What XX/GenU added was G-rank. And that's roughly it, some new HAs got added but wouldn't call them a beloved feature to begin with.

I love G-Rank in MH games but X/Gen is already a very slap together made game, that even when you hit G-Rank it doesn't change in quality.

I don't get overly mad at these games because they are not made by the main MH team. Yet I wouldn't recommend them either, a bad MH game for returning fans, and a misleading MH game for newcomers.

Boruto4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Boruto4
Member since 2018 • 28 Posts

The team at monster hunter is usually good at making the games and providing updates for them so I think it will get pretty good reviews.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Some 7s and 8s. I see no reason why it'd get a 6.