Why you should not pre-order your games

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@davillain- said:
@RSM-HQ said:

Know this is a rebumped (old) thread, and yet it's still a much discussed debate overall.

I'm more surprise my post is 2 years old and I was about to comment on this thread lol. Also, I almost forgot that The-Last-Ride is banned almost 2 years now so yeah, this thread isn't new.

aww crap, I done posted in a necro thread.

I neeeeeeeeeeeeed druggggggggggggggs

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#52 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

When I was a kid I used to preorder everything because you'd always get a little something extra. I still have fond memories of my Xenosaga poster on my wall and everything else I got for preordering pretty much everything Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy for years. These days it's a different story, though. It's just flat out wrong for them to withhold actual game content to everyone but those that preordered. That's some straight bs imo

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@mrbojangles25:

Just stop buying DLC, folks.

What about good DLC, like Fromsoftware DLC? I'm as against horse armor as the next guy but not all DLC is "bad".

And even though people probably frown at me pre-ordering games that I really want. I couldn't care less on what many find justified; especially when year after year people are buying garbage games anyway outside of pre-order. Take the US for example, if they (majority) ain't buying American Football games, they're buying American Wrestling games, That, from my knowledge are trash.

If I find a game bad I simply stop supporting that developer or IP, depends who's fault it is. So in hindsight I do answer with my wallet, just not the way people on here prefer.

And I'm assuming those same people complaining 'how I'm ruining gaming' probably buy sport Soccer games, Wrestling, and perhaps even six year old Call of Duty remasters at full retail price.

@davillain-: Yeah I miss TLR, he liked making interesting topics. Can't believe I skipped this one back then. Based on the date/year, think I was busy with Bayonetta 2 and TEW lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@mrbojangles25:

Just stop buying DLC, folks.

What about good DLC, like Fromsoftware DLC? I'm as against horse armor as the next guy but not all DLC is "bad".

And even though people probably frown at me pre-ordering games that I really want. I couldn't care less on what many find justified; especially when year after year people are buying garbage games anyway outside of pre-order. Take the US for example, if they (majority) ain't buying American Football games, they're buying American Wrestling games, That, from my knowledge are trash.

If I find a game bad I simply stop supporting that developer or IP, depends who's fault it is. So in hindsight I do answer with my wallet, just not the way people on here prefer.

And I'm assuming those same people complaining 'how I'm ruining gaming' probably buy sport Soccer games, Wrestling, and perhaps even six year old Call of Duty remasters at full retail price.

@davillain-: Yeah I miss TLR, he liked making interesting topics. Can't believe I skipped this one back then. Based on the date/year, think I was busy with Bayonetta 2 and TEW lol.

yeah I was in a rush when I wrote that, I was a little all or nothing with that. You're absolutely correct.

I come from the era of the "expansion pack"; you make the game, it sells, a few months later a 20-30 dollar expansion pack comes out. "DLC" is very much a foreign term, an invented term, to sell something to me.

That's not to say I don't enjoy DLC; quite the opposite, I find myself enjoying a lot of it, as it has taken the place of what was historically expansion packs. I just take issue with a lot of the models out there. Sniper Elite 4, for example, had Day 1 DLC and I just have to ask myself "Why couldn't they put those extra rifles in the game to begin with? Why do I have to pay extra for them? At least have the decency to release the extra rifles a couple months after I buy the game"

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

I have pre ordered uncharted 3 and killzone 3 n nfs hot pursuit all of which i am happy for. This year i intend to preorder nfs payback looks quiet promising to me.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#56 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I would never pre-order a game without knowing if it's going to be good or not. Mass Effect Andromeda proved that even the safest bets can go awry. Not to mention, that I don't have the money to preorder everything...

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@swisdwag said:

You're a damn fool if you are still preordering. Smh

Don't bump old threads.

-Byshop