Why is Werewolf: Earthblood even on Epic Games Store??

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 502 Posts

Given, I have not even played this game yet. But I trust that most of the reviews - which are bad - don't lie.

I'm just wondering why it's even an Epic Games Store exclusive. :/ Most of the games on there are AAA. Cyanide reeeeeally should've thought the marketing with this game through. Steam is a better home to all sorts of games like it that are playable, but not 10/10 standard.

The best thing I can give this game is an A for effort in that it's the only major 8th Gen game with a werewolf hero. I play dated-gameplay titles on the norm over flagship series when I can.

Thoughts? Spoiler alert: The ten trillionth playable vampire game just came out, and it got 11/10. Why does this keep happening? Vampires suck. :(

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58463 Posts

Why is anything on Tencent-Epic Game Store? Because they literally pay developers/publishers to do so.

Jokes on them, this game won't sell for shit on Tencent-Epic. Should have gone with GoG, Steam, etc.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sanghelle56

@mrbojangles25: Lolz agreed. There's games just as bad-good on Steam like Until Dawn or Ninja Blade. I'm getting the latter game in a moment.

Tbh everyone was waaaay too hyped for Earthblood. Should've come out a long time ago, like, during 7th Gen. That way it'd actually be on a PC platform equivalent of TCM Underground. B-grade cult classics all day lol.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11686 Posts

Epic Games probably procured the exclusive deal before reviews bombed the game.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sanghelle56

@RSM-HQ: Even the fact it was expected to be $40 instead of the 2021 typical $60 should've warned something. But noooo. 😒

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11686 Posts

@sanghelle56: Launch price is rarely a sign of the games actual quality, but rather the games budget. Werewolf: Earthblood always looked like it was developed by a small team with limited funding. I doubt any of the Epic Store money went towards development and instead went right into the publishers pocket.

Take Valheim on Steam as an example, it is one fourth the price of any triple A game, yet is critically acclaimed and one of the biggest games of 2021.