Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 656 Posts

While we all know that FFVII Remake has been delayed from March 3 to April 10 but I believed that most of us may never heard that English version of Persona 5 Royal have two release dates: First in February 20 in some Asian countries and March 31 in western(North America and Europe). No reasons given for such peculiar release dates but most of us can think that Atlus try to avoid FFVIIR and give fans more time to save their money. Unfortunately for Atlus, Square-Enix decided to delay its game for another month and this time FFVIIR will be released later rather than sooner than P5:R and which means Atlus will lose lots of money in west if gamers decided to buy FFVIIR first.

Let's use (vanilla)Persona 5 vs FFXV as a comparison. Back in 2016, Atlus announced that P5 will be released in February 14 2017 but with FFXV aiming for November 29 2016, Atlus delay it to late March in the same year(2017) which gave gamers at least 4 months gap, more than enough for them to save their money if they already bought FFXV. This time though there's only 9 days gap between FFVIIR and P5R and most gamers probably wants to buy FFVIIR first, leaving P5R on the shelf collecting some dust for months.

Perhaps Atlus never aiming for launch sales anyway. Unlike movies, video game industry is more flexible. If you don't buy them at launch day, you can check them months or even years later. This has been proven in December last year(2019), the vanilla P5 sold more than 3 million worldwide despite the Royal version already hit Japanese shelves in October in same year. As I can tell most of them are bought at discounted price especially in Black Friday and Holiday seasons. Most people who bought it are probably tired of FPSes and action RPGs that come out almost every month as well as those who just want some sort of distractions while waiting for other games of different genres to come out later.

As everyone can tell despite both may sold as JRPGs but they are still in different genres. FFVIIR is obviously an action RPG even though it will have turn-based mode which nothing like its 1997 classic and instead it will play like action RPG with much, much slower paced and designed to bore you down so you can switch back to its action mode again. P5R is a pure turn-based JRPG designed to fix some of the flaws of the vanilla version and also adding a new party member who turns out to be a girl. This disappointed lots of female fans who expected a male one instead but given the game's core Japanese audiences are men in their 20s, it shouldn't be a surprise.

While it safe to say that P5R still can do well despite its rivalry with FFVIIR and other JRPGs like Dragon Quest and Trails of Cold Steel, it still be an underdog to much more popular games out there.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9310 Posts

Here we go again.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#3 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8008 Posts

Persona 5R? Yes. FF7R? Yes.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 656 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Here we go again.

Of course it is. Now I'm wonder why western Persona 5 release tend to overlap with a major Final Fantasy series. Coincidence or conspiracy? What's fishy here is the delay length which is about a month from originally planned(early March) which is rather short and conveniently placed about a week after P5R come out in March 31. While P5R will have earlier release date in Asian countries, most westerners with limited cash rather wait until March 31 and most of them probably more interested at FFVIIR instead which can hurt P5R sales.

@sakaixx said:

Most hardcore fans of JRPGs might buy both but given on how big FFVIIR hype right now they will buy that game first, leaving P5R sitting on the shelves for months until they had enough with FFVIIR and no other, better games on sight.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9310 Posts

@lembu90 said:
@RSM-HQ said:

Here we go again.

Of course it is. Now I'm wonder why western Persona 5 release tend to overlap with a major Final Fantasy series. Coincidence or conspiracy? What's fishy here is the delay length which is about a month from originally planned(early March) which is rather short and conveniently placed about a week after P5R come out in March 31. While P5R will have earlier release date in Asian countries, most westerners with limited cash rather wait until March 31 and most of them probably more interested at FFVIIR instead which can hurt P5R sales.

. .

I think you misunderstood why I wrote it.

In a few of your threads assume it's letting out your frustration. You get carried away and spread rumors and display your spite; commonly stating a lot of speculation that is highly questionable.

You've shared wrong Anthem sales (to defend it), lied about Resident Evil 2 Remake development (don't know your reason). And despite your current thread stated Dragon Quest "is a flop" (again not sure why)

Here are example-

First in February 20 in some Asian countries and March 31 in western(North America and Europe). No reasons given for such peculiar release dates

Is translating roughly a thousand lines in twenty four languages "no reason"? Are you kidding me!

also adding a new party member who turns out to be a girl. This disappointed lots of female fans who expected a male one instead but given the game's core Japanese audiencesare men in their 20s, it shouldn't be a surprise.

So much wrong here

Seen tons of love for Yoshizawa Kasumi chan. People don't stop posting her on 4Gamer, a few make it very known they're female gamers proudly over in the 4Gamer community also

and I've seen a lot of people use her image as avatars everywhere. I cannot determine that for gender, however certainly haven't seen this gender hate you bring up_

Supply these lots of disappointed fans on this claim, otherwise I don't think you have a valid case, and is purely your problem. It's ok to be personally disappointed, but that's minority at best.

Also blaming male gamers at this point is used for everything, and frankly sick of it.

*It wouldn't kill some posters on these forums to have some common sense instead of getting lost in the moment and spreading fake rumors out of boredom/ spite.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 1421 Posts

Looking forward to both games. Probably play FF7R first because it ain't a 90+ hour game, unlike Persona 5R. I remember playing Persona 5 and it was a long ass game to complete.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8008 Posts

@lembu90 said:

@sakaixx said:

Most hardcore fans of JRPGs might buy both but given on how big FFVIIR hype right now they will buy that game first, leaving P5R sitting on the shelves for months until they had enough with FFVIIR and no other, better games on sight.

I don't think Persona 5R will be affected much and I don't think its targetted towards new fans but more towards experienced fans looking to double dip. More casual fans will go towards FFVIIR and just get Persona 5 Scramble later, skipping P5R.

Regarding the localization, Asia release doesnt have English VA, only subtitle. There is a lot of new voiced scenes and additional VA for Kasumi.