Why don't people realize that Iphone gaming has an infinite graphical advantage?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PresidentKing
Member since 2012 • 215 Posts
The 3DS and Vita are being praised for improved graphics. the thing is that the Iphone is the best looking and closest to a console or PC graphical counter part on portables. the Iphone is the PC of the handhelds, With updates that automatically address issues and continue to evolve graphically. The Iphone 5 fully optimized already looks better than some Xbox 360 and Ps3 games, and yet, Vita is being praised for sub-Hd graphics while 3DS is being praised for FPS dropping 3D. the Iphone is the PC of handhelds as the PC is the PC compared to consoles. no competition. More powerful under the hood. Also cheaper.
edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

iPhones will never be as successful as handhelds. Handhelds have a, mostly, singular purpose (playing games) and ALL that battery life goes towards its intended function. The iPhone, or any phone, has the primary functions of making calls and sending texts...which eats up battery life. You play a game for 20 minutes and it drains the equivalent of 3 hours of battery life better suited for what the phone is supposed to do. I've played a game on my phone for less than half an hour, then have to quit because my battery is suddenly at 40% and it's not even noon. iPhones don't have any advantage over handhelds.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I game a bit on my Android, and I did a bit on my iPhone. It is great for touchscreen stuff, but honestly, if you like portable gaming, the genres are pretty limited when your only input method is a touchscreen. Give me buttons or give me mediocrity.
PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PresidentKing

iPhones will never be as successful as handhelds. Handhelds have a, mostly, singular purpose (playing games) and ALL that battery life goes towards its intended function. The iPhone, or any phone, has the primary functions of making calls and sending texts...which eats up battery life. You play a game for 20 minutes and it drains the equivalent of 3 hours of battery life better suited for what the phone is supposed to do. I've played a game on my phone for less than half an hour, then have to quit because my battery is suddenly at 40% and it's not even noon. iPhones don't have any advantage over handhelds.

edgewalker16
You do realize that the Ipod Touch is what basically what became the Iphone latter meaning it was designed with games/apps and media in mind and not texting and calling? Also, explain why Iphone is taking the majority chunck of gaming marketshare? Also the IP5 allows more battery life than the 3DS and Vita with better resolution while gaming.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Because iOS/Android games are lame, ussually don't entertain you for more then 5 minutes, and touch screen is the only main option for controls which is terrible. That fact that some games might have better resolution doesn't warrant the platform to be a better device for games.

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PresidentKing

Because iOS/Android games are lame, ussually don't entertain you for more then 5 minutes, and touch screen is the only main option for controls which is terrible. That fact that some games might have better resolution doesn't warrant the platform to be a better device for games.

Vickman178
Too bad 45% of the games library are games longer than 4 hours. I know that must pain you not knowing exactly what's on there. While on the DS most games over 50% are under 2 1/2 hours.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

WTF the iphone looks like $*** and you need to friken get a new one when it comes out. No wonder my friend GAVE me this iphone 3g it SUCKS and almost no apps or games run on it. What a joke of an arguement. Getting an iphone 4 would cost me at least $300 and probably $400 for the 64 gigs I'd like.

"With updates that automatically address issues " ROFL UPDATES? I CAN'T GO ABOVE 4.2.1

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts
  • The iPhone is also sub-HD
  • Phone plans make it much more expensive than handhelds, buying off contract costs $600+
  • Yearly updates mean shorter usable lifespan than handhelds
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Uh, what?

You spelled gaming PC wrong...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

My next move is to add more portable gaming. But, I rather game on an iPad than the iPhone. I think the hi-res specs are wasted on the tiny screens of the iPhones. The iPads are fine, though.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The 3DS and Vita are being praised for improved graphics. the thing is that the Iphone is the best looking and closest to a console or PC graphical counter part on portables. the Iphone is the PC of the handhelds, With updates that automatically address issues and continue to evolve graphically. The Iphone 5 fully optimized already looks better than some Xbox 360 and Ps3 games, and yet, Vita is being praised for sub-Hd graphics while 3DS is being praised for FPS dropping 3D. the Iphone is the PC of handhelds as the PC is the PC compared to consoles. no competition. More powerful under the hood. Also cheaper.PresidentKing
Just like with the PC, a lot of people, including myself, are more interested in games they prefer instead of power and graphics. I grew up playing Nintendo and Sony games, so naturally I prefer their franchises, and i prefer button controls over touch-screen controls.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

An iPhone has an unlimited graphical advantage over a console connected to a widescreen HD TV? I don't think so. iPhone games are something to do while you're on the train. Serious gaming requires a console or a PC.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
I game a bit on my Android, and I did a bit on my iPhone. It is great for touchscreen stuff, but honestly, if you like portable gaming, the genres are pretty limited when your only input method is a touchscreen. Give me buttons or give me mediocrity.rragnaar
This. I like my Iphone for some basic strategy/tower defense games but for most things the touch screen is a horrific control device, horrific.
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
I would only consider it if they released 1st party add-on cradles with analogue sticks and buttons.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

define infinite graphical advantage.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

[QUOTE="Vickman178"]

PresidentKing

Too bad 45% of the games library are games longer than 4 hours. I know that must pain you not knowing exactly what's on there. While on the DS most games over 50% are under 2 1/2 hours.

Seriously dude, I don't have time for this kind of stupidty. You've clearly never played any DS games or your just cleverly trolling at this point. This comment you just made proves it.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#17 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

While on the DS most games over 50% are under 2 1/2 hours.PresidentKing

Source?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

severe control limitations gimp iphone gaming greatly. That's more important than graphics as far as most gamers are concerned

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I have a tablet and a Vita.. honestly I prefer gaming on my PC or consoles by far. Gaming on my tablet is much better than my phone simply because the screen is better, games run faster and I can get many better games on my tablet. Yes the graphics can look amazing on tablets, depending on the game. (Shadow gun is pretty sweet). However the problem I have is many of the games (especially the free ones) are pretty lame, many copy facebook in that you have micro transactions or have to wait a certain time period for things.. which isn't fun waiting and watching a timer tick down to get a new unit built, get a building done or get resources etc.. in an RTS game its fine because you have other things to do and it makes sense, but these games copy facebook where if you set it for 5 hours you get something extra than if you set it for 3 minutes.. that = lame. It's not all bad, there are some awesome games on tablets/phones.. although I go with android. I'm not a fan of iOS. I can sync my PS3 controller up to my Transformer tablet, and hook it up to my hdtv and play all sorts of games in HD with a controller. Pretty awesome.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

because it doesn't...

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Yeah, because I want to lock myself into a ridiculously overpriced contract for a ridiculously overrated piece of hardware. No thanks.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

The 3DS and Vita are being praised for improved graphics. the thing is that the Iphone is the best looking and closest to a console or PC graphical counter part on portables. the Iphone is the PC of the handhelds, With updates that automatically address issues and continue to evolve graphically. The Iphone 5 fully optimized already looks better than some Xbox 360 and Ps3 games, and yet, Vita is being praised for sub-Hd graphics while 3DS is being praised for FPS dropping 3D. the Iphone is the PC of handhelds as the PC is the PC compared to consoles. no competition. More powerful under the hood. Also cheaper.PresidentKing

Is this a joke? An iPhone 5 is nowhere near a current-gen console in terms of graphics capability, even with 7 years to catch up. The hardware is actually pretty similar to what's in a Vita.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

With next gen system coming soon I do not think the Iphones can keep up.

Another problem with Iphones is apple habbit of dropping older part of their system and forcing the person to get new software.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I couldn't give a crap about great graphics if I have to squint at a small screen to enjoy typically awful games with horrible touchscreen controls that are a constant drain on the phone's battery. Sure, I can play Tetris on my phone when I'm enjoying a bowel movement for 20 minutes, but that's about all I can play before getting a headache.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I never go out with my 3DS/DS, but when I wait for lectures to being I sit and play some traffic rush or rail rush on my iPod. It's a nice way to kill time.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
Ya you can play killzone 3 on a ps vita. I think it's superior.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#28 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I wouldn't ever play games on an Iphone.

Kocelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Kocelot
Member since 2011 • 816 Posts

B/c who games on a phone?