dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#151 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Amnesia didnt scary me. Pick up key, BOOOO the boogeyman is coming, hide until he leaves..REPEAT felt more mechanical than scary also BLUR AND LAG, BECAUSE YOUR CHARACTER IS SO SCARED THAT HE IS FAINTING AND YOU SHOULD TOO!!

Afraid of monsters and cry of fear did it though.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#152  Edited By torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: The same reason why you're so "Obsessed" with co-op... people have preferences simple as that.

Resource management makes me feel like i'm really "surviving" in this hellish place instead of just things just being served to me in a sliver platter.

For ex: its much more satisfying to find a magnum in a dark alleyway filled with zombies rather than just conveniently finding them lying around in a cupboard or just buying them in the store.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Most games nowadays have an auto-sorting mechanic for inventory systems, like in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#154  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@marduke1913 said:

I want to play a game about survival that doesnt have zombies or isnt focused on killing. I want to survive buy building wind turbines, managing resources, hunting. Idk, something more light hearted but still focused on intense survival in a game...ok maybe still have zombies

Sounds a bit like I Am Alive, or Disaster Report.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#155 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@torenojohn7

I know they prefer it but do they actually like it ? Like as in do they enjoy it ? Or do they just like the idea of it, "Crappy Inventory System is Realistic and I like Realism therefore I like Crappy Inventory Systems" seems like thats the logic behind the preferrence. And I don't wanna be known as the snob who says people have dumb preferrences sometimes but in this case I must insist. :( I feel bad.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Lulu_Lulu

@mastermetal777

Can I modify it ? I know for a fact they are gona screw it up if they assume to know exactly how I like my stuff sorted.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: I don't know what you mean by "crappy inventory" but the inventory in RE5&RE6 was beyond shit,original resident evil games had much better organized inventory hell i still miss RE4's style inventory.

In RE5 the egg occupies the same amount of space as a bloody rocket launcher! in RE4 egg occupied tiny space in your inventory as it should.

I always enjoyed salvaging for resources and micro-managing them in original RE&RE4 its what made them fun!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

Yeah but it was easier to use and organise.... True it doesn't make sense but when creepy tentacle monsters try to eat your face, Convenience and accessibility trumps realism. Hell I'l even go as far as saying President Evil 5's grid based inventory system is slightly better than TLOU. :p

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: Saying that RE5's inventory system is better than TLOU is not saying much.. i hate most of the modern inventory system.. i mean what's wrong with using pause menu as inventory screen? that was perfect that's how every game should be.. it also adds a nice strategic depth to game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

"...what's wrong with using PAUSE menu as inventory screen?"

Pretty much answered your own question.

"it also adds a nice strategic depth to game."

Do you understand the difference between Depth and Complexity ? President Evil 4's inventory system pretty much operates like a minigame completely indifferent from the rest of the game. Getting to what you need shouldn't be a 12 step process, thats not depth, thats complexity.... Actually its Convoluted.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: Pretty much answered my question? What? what's wrong with using pause menu to use items? that's how it was for decades before this phony modern gaming era.

"Do you understand the difference between Depth and Complexity"

Yes i do.. pausing the game and managing my inventory is something i liked in resident evil games... it wasn't complex it was simple and especially in RE3 you could mix different types of gun power to make your own ammo it really added "strategic depth" to the game.

"Getting to what you need shouldn't be a 12 step process"

What do you mean by that? are you suggesting that you're too lazy to organize your weapons and the things you collect in-game so you need the game to automatically organize it for you? gee why even play an M rated game if you want everything to be so simple?

People like you are the reason why developers are treating gamers like children. i hate how in RE6 the herb mixing is replaced by magic tictacs.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

Really ? Accessing items more intuitively is "phony modern gaming era"... I bet you think Batman's Quickfire Gadgets are the work of Satan.... It must be hell not being able to play a game of tetris just to change weapons.

"are you suggesting that you're too lazy to organize your weapons and the things you collect in-game so you need the game to automatically organize it for you?"

Yes I'm a lazy fat ass but thats besides the point. Perhaps if I was playing the sims or Total War then yeah sure. But if the point is to blast Zombies in the face then a minigame entirely seperate from that is just a nuissance, its a hurdle/hoop that has no reason to be there. Its the equivalent of thinking dancing before you brush your tooth will some give depth and meaning to your dental hygiene. Just like those morons who think leveling up gives meaning or value to tedious grinding and looting. I think we had a simular scenario before when we were discussing the Difference between between DMC and DmC. And If I'm sure its going to come up if we ever discuss Bioshock and Bioshock 2, specifically how B2 was better in every single way.

Theres nothing wrong with liking something inferior, everybody does it, however why do people feel the need to be all jaded and deluded about it ?

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: "intuitively" is a misnomer.. its more like "Streamlined&dumbed down" downgrading the awesome RE4's inventory into stupid fisher price style boxes is just pathetic its just like Windows 8 metroUIbullshit.

deus-ex is some of the rare modern games which actually gives you decent inventory system and doesn't make me feel like i'm being patronized by developers!

The "one box fits all" inventory makes me feel like a retard>

"Batman's Quickfire Gadgets are the work of Satan"

No they're hotkeys.. they've been in gaming since ages,RE3 introduced a hotkey for 360° turn to escape zombies hotkey IS NOT a substitute for a fleshed out inventory.

"its a hurdle/hoop that has no reason to be there."

ITS A SURVIVAL HORROR GAME! its supposed to be like that! in survival horror games you manage your supplies because you're "Surviving"... taking inventory management away is like taking leveling up in RPG's! (oh wait... you think they're morons -_-)

"Its the equivalent of thinking dancing before you brush your tooth will some give depth and meaning to your dental hygiene"

Stop talking bullshit! it does add strategic depth to the game! you're always making choices on what item to keep and what to discard,you're always combining and making space for other things that's clear strategy,in RE6(hardest difficulty) i hardly had the need to use my inventory at all,i never ran out of bullets,i never needed a new gun and i never needed anything more than tictacs.

At least in Re5 sheva was a bitch to manage and i was forced to share&manage my ammo&health with her because her A.I was retarded as hell but in RE6 my Co-op A.I never needed anything! so yeah no strategy in RE6 AT ALL.

"Theres nothing wrong with liking something inferior, everybody does it, however why do people feel the need to be all jaded and deluded about it ?"

You just answered yourself.. we don't like it because its inferior! DmC simplified weapon system to heavy&light attacks and removed the style system fans loved that! and yes i do prefer the original bioshock over all the other sequels...because it has a better story&atmosphere.. i don't give a flying fu*K about people who rave about infinite's story its all convoluted,nonsensical pretentious bullshit.. it tries to come up with a "Twist" like in the original but fails miserably.

(Oh sh!t i just went way off-topic)well to summarize bio-shock is just like original assassins creed the first one is great,innovative,thought provoking but its sequels are just a disappointing&convoluted mess.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#164 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

@Shmiity said:

Survival horror is kind of a fucked up sort of video game to "enjoy" you know? How do you enjoy being stressed out as ****, being constantly on edge, and being taxed mentally for 10-12 hours? It's a weird sort of "fun" definitely. I honestly compare horror movies/games to thrill rides at amusement parks. That shit is not safe. Lets go fly around in a metal box at 100 MPH at 20 feet in the air-How fun. But we pay money to do this shit. It's a weird sort of thrill-entertainment. I love horror games. I don't know why. Resource management and stress are not inherently fun things.

On topic... horror games are scary, and im glad you are so manly that they have no effect on you. #soproud

Our normal lives are boring and consist mostly of doing the same mundane tasks over and over again.

People crave shit like horror games because it gives you a view of a way shittier life without having to actually endanger yourself. It's a win-win.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

You are still being patronized you've just got way too much pride to realise it. Far too nostalgic and far too set in your ways, the only thing missing is for you to say "Back in my day we had to make our own bread".

Anyway...

"The "one box fits all" inventory makes me feel like a retard"

And Yet I'm suppose to believe Jensen and Leon can carry 6 firearms plus extras in a giant case that isn't anywhere to be seen on their person, yeah, great fucking logic there, Einstein. Why don't you have a beer and pat yourself on the back because you sure showed me whos boss #Sarcasm ! :p.

"ITS A SURVIVAL HORROR GAME!"

If you're talking about President Evil 4 then I only have one point to make: President Evil 4 is just like President Evil 5 without the co-op. I'm invoking Ditto, if you say President Evil 4 is survival horror then Ditto for President Evil 5. If you say President Evil 5 is not Survival Horror then Ditto for President Evil 4. as for every President Evil before those 2, they have much much larger problems than inventory management.

"...you're always making choices on what item to keep and what to discard...."

No I'm not. 5 hours into any game with inventory system like this and you're no longer making choices, by then you should have already figured out and settled on exactly how you want your inventory to be, to continue to use a convoluted sysem like this when the choices aren't even choices anymore is a nuisance. It doesn't require any thought at all. Its literally dead weight, dragging the actuall gameplay, blasting zombie faces off, to a uncomfortable crawl. Infact thats probably why I never experienced that precious "atmosphere" you're so fond of, I was too busy UNREALISTICALLY MICROMANAGING junk to get "immersed "into the game.

"....in RE6(hardest difficulty) i hardly had the need to use my inventory at all,i never ran out of bullets,i never needed a new gun and i never needed anything more than tictacs."

Halle-fucking-luja !

Don't get me wrong President Evil 6's Inventory System is bad but it did its job well. It was so easy to use sometimes I forgot it was even there (thats the mark of good design), more time spent on actuall gameplay instead of Minigame-play. Lol, Luring three clickers into a trap you carefully set up is deep and strategic, scavenging for resources like a hobo and neatly packing it away nicely and neatly is just convoluted and bad design, yes its realistic, yes its good survival horror design but no its not good gameplay. Its a chore. Like an actual real chore, in every sense of the word.

"At least in Re5 sheva was a bitch to manage and i was forced to share&manage my ammo&health with her because her A.I was retarded as hell but in RE6 my Co-op A.I never needed anything! so yeah no strategy in RE6 AT ALL."

Yes the AI sucks, it wouldn't have co-op if it didn't. More importantly thats what co-operation is, two people working as a team, and that includes sharing, President Evil 6 doesn't actually have co-op, its just 2 player mode, you don't have to work as a team until it was scripted, thats what I never liked about it, its not as co-operative as President Evil 5. There was Strategy, there was just no Preperation and Planning, big difference, playing an inventory minigame didn't make the core gameplay any deeper, it was just a hoop. You gotta cut out the fat.

"...DmC simplified weapon system to heavy&light attacks and removed the style system fans loved that!"

1) Fans are morons.

2) They replaced the style system with something that gave you much easier access to those very same mechanics, in DMC launching (High Roller) took 3 differen inputs, Lock-on + Left Stick + Attack Button, but DmC performed the exact same function using just one button. Using more buttons to perform one move doesn't make a game deep, it just makes it complicated and cluttered leaving no room for any other moves, not without changing styles atleast, which only makes things worse.

"....yes i do prefer the

original bioshock over all the other sequels...because it has a better story&atmosphere."

but not the best gameplay... Or level design for that matter. BTW its inventory system is also stupid.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: Call me an old grumpy gamer if you want to but you can't deny the fact that modern gaming is completely different from the pre-HD gaming era.

"And Yet I'm suppose to believe Jensen and Leon can carry 6 firearms plus extras in a giant case that isn't anywhere to be seen on their person"

That's because fu*k logic&realism! its a video game and i want to manage stuff like a mafia tycoon!

"if you say President Evil 4 is survival horror"

Well yeah it was "SUPPOSED" to be a survival horror game therefore it carried over vestigial features like genuinely creepy atmosphere and resource management... RE5&6 on the other hand gave a straight middle finger to everything and just went full on gears of war.

"choices aren't even choices anymore is a nuisance"

Again you're bullshitting... you cannot carry too many guns like in RE5&6 and you're always trying to make space for new ammo&herbs and if you count RE3 you also get to MAKE ammo.

"It doesn't require any thought at all"

Ah please then why do you complain about it? why do you need a dumbed down "one size fits all" inventory? it just seems like a downgrade to me.. RE4's inventory forced me to strategize how i use my herbs,guns and ammo... because there was no magic trunk box where you could dump all your shit like in original RE games you were forced to keep all the shit you picked up and micro-manage them.

"dragging the actual gameplay, blasting zombie faces off"

Please go play left for dead! resident evil was never supposed to be a simplistic shooter these elements don't come from thin air they're a part of survival horror genre whether you like it or not.

"I was too busy UNREALISTICALLY MICROMANAGING junk to get "immersed "into the game"

you're talking about REALISM in zombie survival games? you don't even have realism in call of duty.

"more time spent on actuall gameplay instead of Minigame-play."

You keep going on and on about how this is a distraction while i actually only spent like 10-30 seconds max to manage everything. yeah sometimes it got messy but it never bothered me it was probably the best replacement for the older inventory system,you also keep using the word "bad design" just because you don't enjoy it doesn't make it bad.

"Its a chore. Like an actual real chore, in every sense of the word."

You wanna know what's a chore for me?? mindlessly shooting hordes of non-threatening enemies like a Rambo from beginning to end!

"They replaced the style system with something that gave you much easier access to those very same mechanics"

err.. you don't have trickster,swordmaster,gunsingler and royalguard moves in DmC... oh and there is NO LOCK-ON in DmC either.. good luck focusing on an enemy! i'm all for improvisation of controls but i don't like removing moves and making all the weapons 'heavy&light".

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#167  Edited By udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

condemned is a survival horror game and bioshock is not. people don't even understand basic concepts these days.

Dumpfacedrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#168 Dumpfacedrew
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I was genuinely afraid of Amnesia.... Although there were a few issues with that.

I can't beat the game because I'm too scared to play it :(

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By torenojohn7

@udubdawgz1: Its kinda sad people like @Lulu_Lulu think that "Survival horror = Blasting zombies in da face" i just ugh..

Survival horror is actually as i can see is just a "point'n'click" game with 3d models.. and i'm not talking about the casual shit cluttering up steam! i'm talking about games like syberia&dreamfall.. if you've played these games you'll realize the only real difference is that in survival horror the atmosphere is creepy and you have to fight enemies.

Loading Video...

Static camera angles with pre-rendered backgrounds? Check!

Limited inventory,documents&tank controls? Check!

Backtracking,exploring&finding you way around tricky areas? Check!

Finding items,combining them and slow paced puzzle solving? double fuckin' check!

Its quite baffling actually Survival horror games is actually just a subset of the classic PC "point'n'click" genre that has been dead for decades! holy shit talk about a eureka moment!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

"Survival horror = Blasting zombies in da face"

Yeah... I never said that... President Evil = Blasting Zombies in the face. That much I know is a fact. And you are givin plenty of Ammunition to do so.

FYI, "Point n' Click" isn't really a genre, everygame requires pointing and clicking... in a sense.

If you meant to say point and click adventure then yeah sure I'm down with that, I've been saying it for a while now that I prefer adventure horror not Survival Horror. The closest I've come to that is Amnesia. BTW, would love some CO-OP on that game, :).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

oh yeah... Before I forget.

"you cannot carry too many guns like in RE5&6 and you're always trying to make space for new ammo&herbs..."

You're talking about President Evil 6 not 5.

In 5 you actually could run out of space very quickly if you carry more than two weapons, you only get 9 spaces, 4 of them are occupied by 2 weapons and their ammo, the other 5 slots require you to to manage 3 different types of eggs, two different types of herbs, on 1st Aid spraycan and three different types of Grenades, and thats before you factor in Melee Vest and Bulletproof vest, both of which occupy one slot each, most importantly You can NOT upgrade this grid system like you could the Attache Case in President Evil 4 which I did manage to keep, two pistols, a shotgun, a sniper rifle plus scope, actually thats two scopes, a grenade launcher and plenty of room for Herbs and Ammo, on top of that, Leon's Combat vest doesn't Occupy any of the spaces in the case (because that wouldn't make sense). As for President Evil 6, say whatever you want about it, go nutz ! :) I couldn't care less.

"RE5&6 on the other hand gave a straight middle finger to everything and ust went full on gears of war."

Actually no it didn't, incase you haven't noticed theres more to President Evil than "teh Atmosphere", and even then, President Evil 5 was not devoid of any "Atmosphere" atleast no more than President Evil 4, they're essntially the same game, one with co-op and the other with Escort Sections. I get that you're upset and feeling betrayed but President Evil 5 is nothing like Gears Of War, thats just fanboy bullsh!t and I think you know it.

"Please go play left for dead!"

Been there done that, hated it ....despite the co-op. :(

"You keep going on and on about how this is a distraction while i actually only spent like 10-30 seconds max to manage everything."

And you can do the same in President Evil 5 in less than 10 seconds max, it even organizes certain items for you as you pick them, see, some parts of the grid are mapped to the D-pad, negating the need to open the inventory system at all, as you pick items, things like Grenades, weapons and cures will automatically go to those sections and things like ammo will file themselves away from these shortcuts, you're more than welcome to call it "dumbdown" or whatever, its got nothing to do with shooting zombies in the face.

"just because you don't enjoy it doesn't make it bad."

but I can call it bad if it keeps interupting the flow of play, just like the hacking minigame from Bioshock, which was an entirely seperate minigame all on its own.

"You wanna know what's a chore for me?? mindlessly shooting hordes of non-threatening enemies like a Rambo from beginning to end!"

You mean the entire President Evil franchise ? Yeah, I can see why that would be a chore for you... :p

"...trickster,swordmaster,gunsingler and royalguard

moves in DmC..."

You do haveTrickster, Gunslinger and Swordmaster moves in DmC, sure you don't have all of them (Excluding swordmaster), but then again theres a buttload of moves DmC has that DMC doesn't.

"oh and there is NO LOCK-ON in DmC either.. good luck focusing on an enemy!"

Don't need luck, theres an Autolock on feature that allows me to switch back and for between enemies easy peasy, all I have to do is swing my sword in their direction, on top of that, DmC has miles better crowd control than all the DMC games COMBINED ! also what good is a lockon feature if the camera doesn't move ? Which wouldn't an issue if it was placed properly but so many times your view will be blocked by a pillar or an enemy standing to close to low angled camera., not to mention all the cramped spaces you'l be fighting in, Ofcourse I'l just assume they did this for "da atmosphere". Bad Design !

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: "President Evil = Blasting Zombies in the face. That much I know is a fact"

Nope.. not really the whole game mainly revolves more around exploring,backtracking and solving puzzles than actual combat unless you're talking about RE4 that is.

"been saying it for a while now that I prefer adventure horror not Survival Horror"

Actually they're both the one and the same remove all the enemies,clunky combat and you'll have game that is very much like a point'n'click adventure game just with 3d models.

"thats before you factor in Melee Vest and Bulletproof vest"

Man that was so dumb! why does your bulletproof vest occupy space? this inventory is not only oversimplified to grids its simply stupid... RE4's inventory is obviously more fun and flexible to use,RE5's inventory seems like it was made with Co-op only in mind.

"President Evil 5 was not devoid of any "Atmosphere" atleast no more than President Evil 4,"

Nope it was devoid of atmosphere.. compared to RE4 which had creepy moments in the village with chainsaw madman,in the castle and in the dead body experiment lab where you found regenerator! damn that was unnerving! RE5 was just bright sunny all the time and had funny tribal guys throwing arrows at you.. yeah real creepy!

"they're essntially the same game"

NOPE! RE4 has better levels,funny characters and a story that doesn't take itself too seriously,RE5 is gears of war in a sense that it is devoid of any atmosphere or charm whatsoever.

"but I can call it bad if it keeps interupting the flow of play"

You've got a point but RE4's inventory was so much fun to use that i don't care even if breaks the action.. it is much more faithful to the original games that way.

"You do have Trickster, Gunslinger and Swordmaster moves in DmC"

Nope you don't at least not the specific moves i remember,either way the lack of styles is just pathetic lol and how does this broken auto-lock on help you in higher difficulties? i remember being unable to shoot those flying baby things i don't think you'll have fun in harder mode.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

"....the whole game mainly revolves more around exploring,backtracking and solving puzzles than actual combat....."

President Evil doesn't really have puzzles and whats there to explore ? Or do you mean "scavenging" ? Theres a thin line seperating those two concepts. Backtracking ? Ofcourse it does. Still, there was far too much gunplay than I expected.

"...why does your bulletproof vest occupy space? this inventory is not only oversimplified to grids its simply stupid..."

Its not suppose to make sense Remember.... Anyway I'm sure the Pipe Dream Hacking Minigame is fun too, it just doesn't work in Bioshock. Also this system thats more complicated and cumbersome to use is the bad one, President Evil 4's was far too much of a nuissance, its got not structure, it can't be used in real time and its got no shortcuts. Not very flexible huh...

"....RE5 was just bright sunny all the time and had funny tribal guys throwing arrows at you.. yeah real creepy!"

Uhm Thats exactly what President Evil 4 was, twas dull and dreary all the time and Spanish Villagers throw Gardening tools at you.... Hows that for creepy ? Or.... :

"...compared to RE4 which had creepy moments in the village with chainsaw madman,in the castle and in the dead body experiment lab where you found regenerator!"

President Evil 5 was a Carbon Copy of that, You had creepy moments in the Village and are essentially attacked by the exact same Chainsaw Mad man, you also go deeper into some Lab and come across The Reapers, Which makes the the slow ass Regenerators a freaking walk in the park. Also The Lepotitsa from President Evil 6 was a great baddy too, too bad it only shows up twice. Also the Rasklapanje was a more evolved version of the regenerator and much creepier too. The only President Evil 4 baddies that were truly needed was that blind thing with razors attached to its arms and that invisible bug creature, the rest were meh.

"NOPE! RE4 has better levels,funny characters and a story that doesn't take itself too seriously,RE5 is gears of war in a sense that it is devoid of any atmosphere or charm whatsoever."

They were damn near Identical, well President Evil 5 has better levels ones that are actually designed to shoot zombies in the face, many of the areas look like they were built for Mercenaries Mode, President Evil 4 was a bit too narrow further into the game. As for the Characters, Leon is the only one whos actually worth watching (cutsenes remember?) any characters that were actually humorous were brought down by that 16 year old Parasite, Ashley. Other than that... Pretty much the same, Irving = Salazar, Wesker = Lord Osmund, Ada = Captain Stone/Jill. Also this whole thing with you and atmophere is pretty pathetic man, there was atmosphere, you just couldn't feel it, relax, I didn't experience any atmosphere in President Evil 4. Its subjective and not grounds to call President Evil anything like Gears Of War where its more of a Carbon Copy of President Evil 4, not just "in a sense" IT IS THE SAME, through and through.

"...RE4's inventory was so much fun to use that i don't care even if breaks the action.. it is much more faithful to the original games that way."

There ya go, let your Nostalgia shine :p !

"...i remember being unable to shoot those flying baby things i don't think you'll have fun in harder mode."

I remember having the exact same problem in the previous games, you couldn't choose your Targets vertically.

Anyway I wish I could say that maybe you just sucked at the game but that would be stupid condidering how much I keep saying DmC is more intuitive and easier to control. So I'l just you weren't really trying, after all DMC doesn't really need you to be flashy, you can breeze past that game if you play repetitively without variation. style is optional, Ninja Gaiden does force variation on you. Adapt or die.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: "Still, there was far too much gunplay than I expected"

That's because shinji mikami believes that being completely defenseless in a survival horror game becomes boring after a while,he said this in the interview for The evil within when asked why the protagonist is a armed police officer instead of an average joe.

"Its not suppose to make sense Remember"

Yes its not supposed to make sense but its not supposed to be retarded either,what next? your underwear takes a space in your inventory? gimme a break!

"it can't be used in real time"

EXACTLY! that's why i like it! i dislike most real time inventory systems i want to take my time to manage stuff,i don't want the game to completely do it for me its the same reason why i disabled auto-arrange in windows 7 i just prefer to arrange things myself!

"Uhm Thats exactly what President Evil 4 was, twas dull and dreary all the time and Spanish Villagers throw Gardening tools at you.... Hows that for creepy ? Or.... "

Well for starters RE4 wasn't bright it was more like silent hill grimy&dreary and it wasn't always daytime and i personally find being all alone in small Spanish village more creepy than just going into some bright sunny African village with a backup team and a partner and the tribals to be way too comical IMO

"President Evil 5 was a Carbon Copy of that"

I would call it a pale imitation at best RE4 still does everything better only thing RE5 has on RE4 is co-op and i don't care about co-op.. the chainsaw guy in RE5 was skinny and not to mention you had more weapons compared to in RE4 when you face the chainsaw madman with just one pistol if you go without collecting the shotgun and you didn't have a co-op partner assisting you,the reapers were nothing but an overgrown version of novistadores,regenerators&Iron maidens were creepy because they were dead bodies injected with parasites its just unsettling... novistadors&reapers just look like overgrown cockroaches. not creepy... dead bodies being reincarnated by parasites = Disturbing as all hell!

Lepotitsa looks like a mutated jabba the hutt lol funny not creepy but yes Rasklapanje was creepy too bad the whole game never had a proper atmosphere for that monster the whole game just felt like a hollywood action shooter which had nothing to do with both RE4&OG resident evil...the only saving grace for RE6 is ada wong's campaign.

The only genuinely creepy enemy in RE5 was the executioner and that fight as also just underwhelming especially with a partner and a lackluster atmosphere and not to mention deaths in RE4 are way more brutal you can see leon get decapitated and get his face melted etc etc again it was very faithful to the original trilogy's gruesome deaths,RE5 just feels censored.

"They were damn near Identical"

Technically yes.. they both play the same and use the same gameplay structure... but the main difference is that RE4 has Atmosphere&Top class level design and a fun story RE5's story was so boring i don't even remember anything about it and LUIS was the best character in RE4! i was surprised that he wasn't in the mercenaries... lol and you're comparing ada with that bastardized version of jill? Ada was charming&quirky in RE4..jill was the blandest bland female character in RE5.

"there was atmosphere"

Yeah i could definitely feel the bright sunny "atmosphere" but not the creepy dull&grimy atmosphere from RE4..

Grimy&dull = Creepy Sunny&clear sky = NOT fu*king creepy!

"let your Nostalgia shine"

Nope RE4 is just more faithful to original games,in fact you can see that RE4 was originally going to have a grid based inventory.

"you couldn't choose your Targets vertically."

But you could LOCK-ON manually.. but here you have to just rely on AI to lock on for you that is STUPID! why can't i just lock on myself? DmC is nothing but a dumbed down new age hipster version of DMC4.

"you can breeze past that game if you play repetitively without variation"

Oh really? have you tried doing that in "Dante must die" mode?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7:

Completely forgot about this.... anyway.

That's because shinji mikami believes that being completely defenseless in a survival horror game becomes boring after a while

Sure but why guns ? I would like much more creative ways of Defending myself, especially if theres going to be Co-Op.

...that's why i like it! i dislike most real time inventory systems i want to take my time to manage stuff,i don't want the game to completely do it for me...

I didn't come here to discuss your preferences... so from the top... this time without Bias. President Evil 5 has a Better Inventory System, because its easier to manage, Structured and can be used in Real Time.

Well for starters RE4 wasn't bright it was more like silent hill grimy&dreary and it wasn't always daytime and i personally find being all alone in small Spanish village more creepy than just going into some bright sunny African village with a backup team and a partner and the tribals to be way too comical IMO

Sounds like we are crossing into Preferential territory again.... Let me start with the facts 1st, It wasn't always sunny, infact 50% of the time it was either cloudy or you were indoors, Chapter 5 & 6 pretty much takes place at night. President Evil 5 doesn't have a back up team.... well actually in Chapter 2 there was a Helicopter providing support but then again President Evil 4 had Ada Wong assisting aswell, only difference President Evil 5 had the Decency to do it in Real Time instead of a cutscene. You also weren't always alone in President Evil 4, You do remember Baby Sitting Ashley right ? I know it only comes up three times throughout the whole game but those few annoying moments stick with you long after the cutscene sweeps her away. Besides if You thought any of that was way too comical then what the hell is an Eccentric Midget in a Medieval Castle supposed to be ?

I would call it a pale imitation at best RE4 still does everything better only thing RE5 has on RE4 is co-op and i don't care about co-op...

Oh Really ? Like What ?

the chainsaw guy in RE5 was skinny and not to mention you had more weapons compared to in RE4 when you face the chainsaw madman with just one pistol if you go without collecting the shotgun and you didn't have a co-op partner assisting you,the reapers were nothing but an overgrown version of novistadores,regenerators&Iron maidens were creepy because they were dead bodies injected with parasites its just unsettling... novistadors&reapers just look like overgrown cockroaches. not creepy... dead bodies being reincarnated by parasites = Disturbing as all hell!

Lepotitsa looks like a mutated jabba the hutt lol funny not creepy but yes Rasklapanje was creepy too bad the whole game never had a proper atmosphere for that monster the whole game just felt like a hollywood action shooter which had nothing to do with both RE4&OG resident evil...the only saving grace for RE6 is ada wong's campaign.

The only genuinely creepy enemy in RE5 was the executioner and that fight as also just underwhelming especially with a partner and a lackluster atmosphere and not to mention deaths in RE4 are way more brutalyou can see leon get decapitated and get his face melted etc etc again it was very faithful to the original trilogy's gruesome deaths,RE5 just feels censored.

1) What does skinniness have to do with anything ?

2) "...when you face the chainsaw madman with just one pistol if you go without collecting the shotgun..." Do I need to Explain to exactly whats wrong with this Statement. I mean come on!!!

3) Actually The Novistadors and The Reapers only share one thing in common, they were both Insects. in function there were actually polar opposites of each other.

4) I noticed you more concerned wih appearances than you are with the actual purpose and function of certain things, lets be honest, games are not about appearences, The Lepotitsa, Reaper, Novistador and Rasklapanje are not Scary because of the way they look... Thats what movies are for, now each of these creatures, mechanically speaking, really impressive. Now compare that to The Iron Maiden, I'm sorry but any tension drummed up by this creatures appearence was immediately destoyed by just how freaking harmless and stupid it really is. The Fact that it doesn't die when you bust a cap in its ass is more of a nuisance the a scare. Ditto goes to The Executioner, its not as bad as The Iron Maiden but it was pretty close. The Red Executioner was even worse.

Technically yes.. they both play the same and use the same gameplay structure... but the main difference is that RE4 has Atmosphere&Top class level design and a fun story RE5's story was so boring i don't even remember anything about it and LUIS was the best character in RE4! i was surprised that he wasn't in the mercenaries... lol and you're comparing ada with that bastardized version of jill? Ada was charming&quirky in RE4..jill was the blandest bland female character in RE5.

1st Of all, Gameplay > Atmosphere, and since President Evil 5 is Technically better as you say then we might aswell call it day and put this thing to rest because all that other stuff isn't really better so much as you simply have a preference for it. 2ndly I'm starting to think when you say "Level Design", you are talking about something other than gameplay. Is this more non-sense about President Evil 5 not being like the President Evil 4 with all the back tracking and dead ends ?

and 3rd: "....RE5's story was so boring i don't even remember anything about it and LUIS was the best character in RE4! i was surprised that he wasn't in the mercenaries... lol and you're comparing ada with that bastardized version of jill? Ada was charming&quirky in RE4..jill was the blandest bland female character in RE5."

WHO CARES !!! THEY WERE FREAK'N CUTSCENES !!!!!!!!!

....Nope RE4 is just more faithful to original games,...

Yeah mate thats the definition of Nostalgia.

But you could LOCK-ON manually.. but here you have to just rely on AI to lock on for you that is STUPID! why can't i just lock on myself? DmC is nothing but a dumbed down new age hipster version of DMC4.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I hear you whining about changes but wheres the part you point the actual Flaws ?

The Fact of The Matter is Both lock on Methods have their advantages and disadvantages.

"you can breeze past that game if you play repetitively without variation"

Oh really? have you tried doing that in "Dante must die" mode?

Actually the Harder the Difficulty the more likely switching things up is going to get you Killed. Remember this game has Degrees of Success, meaning The only effect repetition has is just on your rank, The AI doesn't learn from this at all and that includes the Dante vs Nero fight Halfway through the game.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: "Sure but why guns ?"
Because guns are convenient tools of defense? even silent hill games have guns.

"I didn't come here to discuss your preferences"
That's really funny! RE5's inventory being better is your preference/opinion! i think its a horrible inventory i want to pause the game and equip weapons and manage stuff on my own.. i don't want to do it when enemies are attacking me in real time! an egg should NOT take the same space as a bloody rocket launcher! nuff said. that's bullshit design 101!

"It wasn't always sunny, infact 50% of the time it was either cloudy"
Stop tiptoeing on bulslhit you know the whole game was bright and the textures weren't grimy&weathered out like in RE4 it was smooth&brighter there was no eerie feeling throughout the game that's when you realize the game isn't creepy AT ALL.

Daytime RE4 is clearly more creepy&atmospheric than daytime RE5,Chapter 5 was in night? it didn't even feel like it was night because of all the bloom&brightness.

"in Chapter 2 there was a Helicopter providing support but then again President Evil 4 had Ada Wong assisting aswell"
IIRC the helicopter was SHOT DOWN and ada wong only helped leon on some instances throughout the game you play solo without any help. and its not like ashely could do anything more than hide.. so you were doing all the stuff by your own.

Remember when i said that RE4 doesn't take itself too seriously? its cheesy.. its supposed to be like that RE5 on the other hand is trying to be serious and yet has extremely silly enemies that only a 5 yr old would come up with i mean seriously? tribals coming out of their huts is all they could come up with? Jesus... what next? cowboy zombies? at least salazar was just one boss you see these tribals as common enemies.

Holy mother of LAWD! O_O even a cosplaying midget seems like a serious godfather character when compared to this... .

"Oh Really ? Like What ?"
Level design,story,atmosphere yada-yada.

"What does skinniness have to do with anything ?"
Intimidation? plus we've already seen that in RE4 so repeating the same thing will not work,horror works best when you're not expecting it.

"Do I need to Explain to exactly whats wrong with this Statement. I mean come on!!!"
No you're missing the point.. chainsaw madman shows up right in the beginning of the game which is kind of a shock you were just getting used to game and all of sudden "HOLY FU*K WTF IS THAT"!? that's tension&surprise much like how nemesis assaults you all of sudden when you weren't expecting him to.

"Actually The Novistadors and The Reapers only share one thing in common"
I don't care they both look like overgrown bugs..they don't have the same human element which makes iron-maidens&regenerators creepy... it doesn't matter if you're pro at killing them they're still creepy.

"Lepotitsa, Reaper, Novistador and Rasklapanje are not Scary because of the way they look"
Correction they're not "Creepy" and rasklapanje was creepy! are you even reading what i write?

"lets be honest, games are not about appearances"
Better atmosphere and character design makes gameplay more immersive and fun,especially in Survival horror games.

"President Evil 5 is Technically better as you say "
No i said it technically uses the same gameplay style,i never EVER implied RE5 was anything more than a mediocre copy of RE4... yes RE4 has better level design.. it had mine cart riding,lava levels,Castles,underground lab etc etc its no coincidence that RE4 has gotten so many remakes its just that good! RE5 is a bore from start to finish.

"WHO CARES !!! THEY WERE FREAK'N CUTSCENES"
Err you fight with Luis in the cabin! that's another awesome level i remember from RE4 :P

"Yeah mate thats the definition of Nostalgia"
No its not! its a fact that RE4 has more elements from original resident evil games being faithful to the roots of the series is a GOOD THING.

"Actually the Harder the Difficulty the more likely switching things up is going to get you Killed"
Devil may cry is meant for gamers who love hard games... if you don't try harder difficulties then you have no right to say that DmC has no flaws and like i said DmC is not a bad game. its just a watered down,simplified version of DMC4.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

I don't have time to waste on all that, so you know what.... I have no objections to any of that....

However I couldn't help but notice you barely talked about the gameplay. And I think you have a good idea why.

As for DmC.... I can say the exact, its predecessors where just overcomplicated and convoluted version of DmC....

I can't argue with your nostalgia because its not based on any logic and in your case its far too strong.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: "However I couldn't help but notice you barely talked about the gameplay. And I think you have a good idea why."
Because RE4&5 have the exact same gameplay?

"I can't argue with your nostalgia because its not based on any logic and in your case its far too strong"
AH BULLSHIT! don't play the nostalgia card! i don't have any nostalgia for RE4,RE4 has better inventory,RE4 better levels,better story,better characters,better atmosphere and better everything!

"its predecessors where just overcomplicated and convoluted version of DmC"
Yeah enjoy your dumbed down Devil may cry... because the original games are just "Too complex" -__-

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

Carefull... Your inner Fanboy is starting to leak out.

You know Nostalgia and Fanboyism is an extremely lethal combo. Its the T-Rex of All Ignorance.

As For DmC.... I can Enjoy all 5 of them, I'm not a Fanboy, I play whatever's good, regardless of who made what. You're blind loyalty is just stopping you from enjoying genuinely good games.... Oh well, perhaps you love to hate... I don't judge.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By torenojohn7

@Lulu_Lulu: "Carefull... Your inner Fanboy is starting to leak out."

You're the only one who's a fanboy here.. i'm just here trying to aquatint you with the FACTS just read my damn post! RE4 is superior to RE5 in every goddamn way.

BTW "Atmosphere" isn't just graphics and the overall feel of the game it also has to do with ambient music!

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

"You're blind loyalty is just stopping you from enjoying genuinely good games.... Oh well, perhaps you love to hate... I don't judge"
I enjoyed DmC too don't get me wrong.. its just not as good as DMC4&DMC3,the gameplay didn't improve one bit and instead got shafted in many parts.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Lulu_Lulu

@torenojohn7

Huh ? How am I a fanboy ?

Anyway, President Evil 4 can excel in whatever subjective standards you like, Atmosphere, Story... Whatever.

Its still behind in Gameplay. Which is still the most important part. :p