Why do people dislike the Gamecube???

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lynx777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lynx777
Member since 2008 • 631 Posts

I love the Gamecube. There... I said it. It's one of my favorite systems.

Now could someone explain to me why on earth buying a controller costs $30+ when people would willingly just give you the system for one cent on ebay?! What kind of sense does that make?

I know since the wii is able to play gamecube games the controllers may be harder to find but honestly I don't know a single person who likes the games. Does the GC have a fan base that I don't know about? Being one of the most underappreciated systems you'd think that you could get some games or controllers easily.

Am I the only person having trouble finding the Gamecube games/controllers?

And why do people dislike the Gamecube? It's basically the Wii without motion controls. (no offense to the wii, of course.)

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
I really love Gamecube, too. Whoever has many reasons about anti-Gamecube or Nintendo. 1- N64 was better than Gamecube. I disagreed that opinion. 2- Gamecube was kid system. Lack of mature games. 3- Gamecube disc was hard to be piracy. 4- Gamecube was far worser than Xbox and PS2. For example, Splinter Cell Chaos ( I forgot what name about Splinter Cell third ones ) other....
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

If the Gamecube never existed, I probably wouldn't notice, since there wasn't a single game released on it that made me say "wow." I absolutely loved my N64 and I was incredibly excited when the Gamecube was released, but my interest waned over the years after they didn't release anything worth playing except for maybe Metroid and Super Smash Bros.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

More like the Wii without all the third party support. The GameCube was like the least supported system from last gen (it did a whole lot better than the N64 in this aspect though). And if you take out all those yearly sports multi-platform games, then even probably the Dreamcast had more games.

And there was these long draughts without any relevant games coming out, that's what people complained the most, and I guess that's why people never liked the system.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
the gamecube is cool, the only games i really wanna play was the REmake, tales of symphony, zelda series and mgs twin snakes. it only have a few games compared to xbox and ps2, that was one of the major disadvantages the gamecube have over those 2 mainly. the graphics were really good though.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

The GC was freaking amazing. For me, at least. I have a lot of GC games I love, and there are still more that I've yet to play. I started my GC geeking with Wind Waker and Metroid Prime. It was the most amazing start ever.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

It had some great exclusives, no doubt. But it had very poor multi-platform ports, no online, too many kiddy games......and long droughts when nothing good came out.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

I really enjoyed my Gamecube as a secondary console (PS2 being my primary) and it had solid games, nearly all of it its exclusives were fantastic.

But it's problems were:

1. Extreme lack of quality 3rd party support.
  2. "Kiddy" label
  3. Most AAA exclusives released too quickly in the Gamecube's lifespan, IMO Gamecube was dead 2 years before Wii came into the picture.
  4. PS2 domination of the video game market.

That's what I think mostly attributed to Gamecube's extremely lackluster presence compared to PS2 and XBOX.

morphies_emu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 morphies_emu
Member since 2006 • 260 Posts

I didnt have a GC when it was current gen. I got one last year and the games I play most are sports/racing games (EA & Need4Speed) and they would have been very average compared to PS2/XBOX IMO and the exclusives (DoubleDash/SmashBros) are expensive. I recently straight swapped for a PS1 and Im enjoying that alot more then I ever enjoyed the GC.

ThyNameIsGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ThyNameIsGeek
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts
I got a GameCube so I could play 2 games. Resident Evil 4 and Mario Party 7 (I think? Maybe 6?) Not a mindblowing system by any means, but it was great for what it had, I remember days when my cousins and I would have more fun playing Mario Party than we would with Halo or any other games.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I really enjoyed my Gamecube as a secondary console (PS2 being my primary) and it had solid games, nearly all of it its exclusives were fantastic.

But it's problems were:

1. Extreme lack of quality 3rd party support.
  2. "Kiddy" label
  3. Most AAA exclusives released too quickly in the Gamecube's lifespan, IMO Gamecube was dead 2 years before Wii came into the picture.
  4. PS2 domination of the video game market.

That's what I think mostly attributed to Gamecube's extremely lackluster presence compared to PS2 and XBOX.

Flame_Blade88

It wasn't that the titles were released too quickly, but rather that the GC had three golden years (2002, 2003, and 2004) where it got showered with first party games and other good exclusives, inbetween its first year (pretty much no games worth owning except the launch titles) and the last two years (although there were still a few AAA games released in the last two years).

Anyway, I'm surprised at people acting as if there aren't any GC games worth buying the system for. The GC had a fair amount of great exclusives and if you're a fan of Nintendo's franchises it's a must-own system. The GC also got a lot of support from Capcom and Rare and as a result has several great games from both of those companies. Then there were the few oddball exclusives like Twin Snakes, Cubivore, and Eternal Darkness. The GC is like the DC in that it's vastly underappreciated and has a lot of high quality games that were never ported off the console.

Anyway, TC, the reason Gamecube games and controllers are paradoxically high in demand is thanks to all the Wii owners who are trying to catch up on what they missed out on last gen/actually get games worth playing. If it wasn't for the Wii being backwards compatible with the GC rest assured things would be a lot less frustrating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1425678786655
Member since 2003 • 410 Posts

i still play my gc games on the wii occasionally, i got my GC before my xbox or ps2.

i'll never forget camping out for my gc and the first time i played luigi's mansion.

imo i loved it as much as my xbox, my ps2 i didnt care about really , just the FF games.

i'll never forget wind waker, super mario sunshine or super smash bros melee.. i can't even tell u how many good times i've had with ssbm lol

and u should try gamestop and or gamecrazy.. they have shelves of great gamecube games for really cheap.. i still need to get the second paper mario XD

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

The gamecube wasn't horrible, but it was a definite downgrade from the N64. It had some gems, but I can't remember a system since maybe the NES that had a higher proportion of bad to good games. I also found it funny that it many of the mature games released for it (Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness) were what made this system great, while many of the games that branded it as a "kiddy system" dragged it into the dirt. That's not to say that all the good games for this system were mature; Pikman, Windwaker, SSBM, and Rogue Squadron were pretty awesome as well.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

I know some people disliked the Gamecube due to it "looking like a lunchbox", as well as the perception that there were lots of "kiddy" games on it.

I know its quite untrue and the gamecube has a very good library of games.

it might not have been successful, but I think it belongs in the "low selling consoles which are good" , alongside consoles like the Master System, Saturn, Dreamcast , and maybe 3DO

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Gamecube had Metroid Prime, that alone elevated above any console for me.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Gamecube had Metroid Prime, that alone elevated above any console for me.

AFBrat77

I wouldn't say elevated it above the other platforms for me, but that game was the deciding factor in buying a Gamecube, for me. The exclusives for Gamecube are awesome, it's everything else that wasn't so good. Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Zelda WindWaker & Twilight Princess, Resident Evil Zero; all great games!

-Nate-

Hellsing2o2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hellsing2o2
Member since 2004 • 3504 Posts

I liked the Gamecube MUCH more then the friggin Xbox. There were NO games, NONE WHATSOEVER on the Xbox that I liked. I'm shocked the Xbox sold 24 million units. It had no games at all.

As for the GC, To me, 3rd party games seemed out of place on it. I got the GC to play 1st and 2nd party games. The PS2 was for the 3rd party games.

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

its so.. square

heuy lewis and the news can sing all they like.. its not hip to be square.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Emerald_Warrior

I liked the Gamecube MUCH more then the friggin Xbox. There were NO games, NONE WHATSOEVER on the Xbox that I liked. I'm shocked the Xbox sold 24 million units. It had no games at all.Hellsing2o2

So you didn't likeHalo 1 & 2, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, Fable, Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden, or MechAssault?

-Nate-

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

[QUOTE="Hellsing2o2"]I liked the Gamecube MUCH more then the friggin Xbox. There were NO games, NONE WHATSOEVER on the Xbox that I liked. I'm shocked the Xbox sold 24 million units. It had no games at all.Emerald_Warrior

So you didn't likeHalo 1 & 2, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, Fable, Jade Empire, Ninja Gaiden, or MechAssault?

-Nate-

halo was trash to me, elder scrolls 3 was on pc as was fable eventually, D&D: Heroes was trash to begin with, jade empire was. meh, mech assault deserved to be shot for treason most foul toward the mechwarrior universe, and ninja gaiden.. was ninja gaiden.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Hellsing2o2"]I liked the Gamecube MUCH more then the friggin Xbox. There were NO games, NONE WHATSOEVER on the Xbox that I liked. I'm shocked the Xbox sold 24 million units. It had no games at all.aura_enchanted

-Nate-

halo was trash to me, elder scrolls 3 was on pc as was fable eventually, D&D: Heroes was trash to begin with, jade empire was. meh, mech assault deserved to be shot for treason most foul toward the mechwarrior universe, and ninja gaiden.. was ninja gaiden.

Wow, I enjoyed all of those games. I'll admit Fable got kind of repetitve after a while, though.

-Nate-

Hellsing2o2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hellsing2o2
Member since 2004 • 3504 Posts

[QUOTE="Hellsing2o2"]I liked the Gamecube MUCH more then the friggin Xbox. There were NO games, NONE WHATSOEVER on the Xbox that I liked. I'm shocked the Xbox sold 24 million units. It had no games at all.Emerald_Warrior

-Nate-

I hated Halo 1 and 2. ESIII was far better on PC. Fable was meh. Jade Empire...was alright. I was never into Ninja Gaiden but I won't deny that it was a good game (albeit extremely hard). Mech Assault, BLEH!!!

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
And why do people dislike the Gamecube? Lynx777
Because they never gave it a chance.
JoyStickChick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoyStickChick
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

Also, I think with the competition that was out there at the time it just didn't win over anyone. The form factor was weird and clunky.As stupid as it sounds - I think the small, square shape was to dissimilar from the other consoles - people weren't sure how to handle it. It was ahead of it's time in the regard, I think. :)

And, as pointed out previously, it just seemed childish. True SSBM and Zelda WW were great games (among others) but even those seem a little immature.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#25 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="Lynx777"]And why do people dislike the Gamecube? Rocky32189

I couldnt agree more
Got_to_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Got_to_go
Member since 2009 • 2036 Posts
The Gamecube had some excellent games, like Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros., and RE4. But it still couldn't compete with the PS2 (Which had absolutely wonderful third party support) and the Xbox. (Which had great online, something the Gamecube completely lacked.)
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
I love the gamecube. It got more use than my PS2 that generation. Sure it had sloppy ports (which it really shouldnt have had since it towered above the PS2 in terms of power) and lacked 3rd party exclusive, but the exclusives (naturally most of them from nintendo themselves) were more than enough to keep me happy. Plus almost no loading times and i love the gamecube controller :D
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="Lynx777"]And why do people dislike the Gamecube? Darkman2007

I couldnt agree more

Definitly, i managed to get a large group of mates to give it a chance with super smash bros meele, and within 2 weeks most of them had gone out and bought Gamecubes!
webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#29 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts

Was worth buying just cause of Super Smash Bros Melee, Tales of Symphonia and RE4 (Yea it got ported to PS2 and Wii but the game is so good to play it early is awesome), Im also a sucker for Fire Emblem :P

Cheesemanook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cheesemanook
Member since 2009 • 226 Posts

i don't really like the Gamecube, however the only games I like are Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime and Mario kart double dash.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I liked the Gamecube. I guess a lot of other people did not like it was because it did not have a whole lot of "mature titles".

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I don't understand GC hate either, but I don't know too many people that ever had one. I have a friend that never got the GC, but instead got the wii. That probably has nothing to do with hate, just getting the wii instead since it's "better known" now I guess. I have always loved the GC just for the fact it had games like Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Adventure DX, Soul Calibur II, any of those Mario games(Golf, Party, Kart, etc.) and these were very much games I would spend hours playing on at a time. As for the cost difference and where to find controllers...try a used video game store(not Gamestop in this case, but a privately owned one) or used media store.

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
People disliked the GC because they thought having an xbox and ps2 made them look cooler but honestly i have friends who say wiis and gcs suck and ps1 and ps2s and xboxs are waay better nevertheless i got a wii gc and an xbox a couple of days ago
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

because it looked kiddy and the colors of it didnt appeal to older people except silver and black but that didnt change the players because they were too focused on their ps2 or xbox

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I loved the Gamecube. I still own mine, even though I've got a Wii. I still play Gamecube games from time to time.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I loved my Gamecube...

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil 4

Zelda: Windwaker

The list of great games goes on.

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Emerald_Warrior

I loved my Gamecube...

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil 4

chefstubbies

Just to get it straight, I don't hate Gamecube. In fact I'm playing through Metroid: Prime right now. But still, the list DOESN'T go on and on. The few exclusives for Gamecube that are good, are freaking amazing! But there just aren't too many. Let's see the list:

• Legend of Zelda: WindWaker
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Resident Evil Zero

That's it, for me at least.

-Nate-

linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
If it wasn't for the Wii being backwards compatible with the GC rest assured things would be a lot less frustrating.gameguy6700
Yeah, there are massive supply shortages of memory cards - I payed $15(AU) for a 59 block, third party one (which didn't work - luckily the story had a good returns policy.) I've ordered one off Ebay. Games are also quite expensive - Mario Kart DD was $50AU (roughly what I would expect to pay for a 2008 PC game) and Harvest Moon was nearly $70 :(. That said, I just had a fun afternoon with a good friend playing DD (without a memory card, sadly.)
faheem_s_i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 faheem_s_i
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts
Nintendo's reputation for being too kiddy basically killed off any chance the GC had.Nintendo lost 3rd party support during the Ps1/N64 era through their own mistakes and that set the path for the GC.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

[QUOTE="chefstubbies"]

I loved my Gamecube...

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil 4

Emerald_Warrior

Just to get it straight, I don't hate Gamecube. In fact I'm playing through Metroid: Prime right now. But still, the list DOESN'T go on and on. The few exclusives for Gamecube that are good, are freaking amazing! But there just aren't too many. Let's see the list:

• Metroid Prime
  • Resident Evil Zero

-Nate-

I would add:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Pikmin 2
F-Zero GX
Starfox Adventures
Eternal Darkness

If you haven't played these gems, I'm sorry.

This list:
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Paper Mario: TTYD
Pikmin 2
Starfox Adventures
Eternal Darkness
REmake
F-Zero GX

makes for an incredible assembly of GC exclusives. With all the great third party games that was on the GC, this list was more than enough exclusives. For me at least, as I don't need 50 games to be satisfied. Note that these titles are the best ones I could come up with. There were also plenty of other great exclusive titles such as Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart: DD and Smash Bros Melee to name a few.

In short. The GameCube was incredible.

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#41 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

Gamecube was the ultimate secondary console last generation.

I really enjoyed the games on GC in general, the problem was the great games were few and far in between. Months could go by and I wouldn't touch the thing save for running a duster over it. Then all of a sudden BAM out comes a title that I had to play, something that was just epic in its goodness and I would be thrilled to have the thing, I would play through the game, enjoy the heck out of it....

Then nothing. More waiting.

It was frustrating to live through that.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#42 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Gamecube is my third favorite console by Nintendo.

Great exclusives (in my opinion):

F-Zero GX

Wind Waker

Rogue Squadron games

And even great multiplats (in my opinion):

Lego Star Wars II

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend

Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles

The list goes on for both categories.

Animeleague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Animeleague
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I think Gamecube's greatest failure was to advertise itself well. As it fell further behind the PS2 it of course lost its chance to produce a quality game library while the PS2 gained ground in this area. True the GC has some gems, but they don't override all the poor quality games that were released on the system. GC is very much like the Wii in that regard (though the Wii is producing a higher quality of game if slowly thanks to it having its popularity to fall back on), serious gamers are the one's going to drop the most money as they are the devoted retail base, if you can't keep them at least partially happy while enticing new gamers no matter what company backs the system it will fail.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Gamecube is EASILY my favorite console last gen. I owned all three at one point, and no other system had as great a variety, RE4, Zelda, Rogue squadron, and Smash brothers were all as good as any other game out there. The only game I enjoyed on PS2 as much as those was MGS3. Xbox had a couple more.

supermonkey00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 supermonkey00
THE GAMECUBE IS THE BEST SYSTEM EVER!!!! It has games for everyone like MVP Baseball or MArio baseball for baseball lovers, FIFA or MArio Strikers for soccer lovers, NBA 2k or NBA Live for basketball lovers, Mario Kart, Crash Kart, and NEed For Speed for Racing Lovers, Call of Duty for Shooting Lovers and MArio PArty and WarioWare for Party games. It is purely the best system ever.
SgtPLHCB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SgtPLHCB
Member since 2009 • 122 Posts

The Gamecube was a great system, but not really innovative. I like many games from that system and still play them today on my Wii. What I think is that the general public thought all the games were so-so or bad. I would never agree with this.

Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#47 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts
The Gamecube is the most underrated console of all time. Period. I played that sucker like a psychopath. SSBM, Metroid Prime 1/2, F-Zero GX, Soul Calibur II, and many more games occupied my time like crazy. All of my friends had Xboxs and PS2s, but I played my little Gamecube more than any of them played their systems, and I own twice the games, too.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="chefstubbies"]

I loved my Gamecube...

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil 4

Emerald_Warrior

• Metroid Prime
  • Resident Evil Zero

-Nate-

That's a very narrow picture of the GC you've got there. Just the more well known titles too. Here's a more comprehensive list (although most certainly not exhaustive):

RE4
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Cubivore
Luigi's Mansion
Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader
OoT: Master Quest (originally for the 64DD, but you're not playing that version unless you live in Japan)
Tales of Symphonia
REmake
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Viewtiful Joe
Windwaker
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
RE0

Plus various 3rd party games that got released on other consoles (such as Soul Caliber II, Sonic Adventure 2, etc).

The GC has a very healthy selection of great games to choose from. To claim otherwise only shows your ignorance about the console. It, like the Dreamcast, managed to build up an impressive library despite very underwhelming market performance.

Animeleague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Animeleague
To say that the Gamecube had a great library is faulty. Its has maybe 30-40 games worth playing and only a few of those were RPGs (which is my preferred genre) compared to the PS2 which of any system (excluding PS1 games, but if you want to include those it only builds on the Ps2 available library) has the largest and most diverse library and whose library at one point heavily focused on RPGs. I own a Gamecube and yes its fun, but its games rarely had innovative qualities and the system itself never provided for innovation, something Nintendo fans expect from that company I feel. As a collector of games, the GC like the N64 had little to offer me while the PS2 pumped out game after game I wanted to add to my collection. The Dreamcast. which the poster above me brought, had a great selection of ace games, however it failed to draw in new gamers so its sole appeal was to "core" or "serious" gamers. No system could thrive like that, personally I'm okay with Sega making just games now and not systems
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="chefstubbies"]

I loved my Gamecube...

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil 4

gameguy6700

• Metroid Prime
  • Resident Evil Zero

-Nate-

That's a very narrow picture of the GC you've got there. Just the more well known titles too. Here's a more comprehensive list (although most certainly not exhaustive):

RE4
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Cubivore
Luigi's Mansion
Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader
OoT: Master Quest (originally for the 64DD, but you're not playing that version unless you live in Japan)
Tales of Symphonia
REmake
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Viewtiful Joe
Windwaker
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
RE0

Plus various 3rd party games that got released on other consoles (such as Soul Caliber II, Sonic Adventure 2, etc).

The GC has a very healthy selection of great games to choose from. To claim otherwise only shows your ignorance about the console. It, like the Dreamcast, managed to build up an impressive library despite very underwhelming market performance.

Yeah, but I was only talking about good games, not all the exclusives. And in my book, remakes don't count. The original is always better. And before you ask, yes, I still have and still play my Nintendo 64 as well as all the rest of my retro systems.

-Nate-