Why did Nazi Zombies become so complicated?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Exiled_Badger
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Zombies maps, I wish it would have been sold as a separate game.  But sometimes at the end of the day, I don't wanna have to do all this extra stuff; I just wanna kill zombies, repair barriers, buy and upgrade guns, and just have a little fun.  These days I feel like I have to do all this extra stuff if I want to even think of making it to higher rounds.  Just my thoughts.  What are yours?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
To me the only decent one was the WaW version. Black Ops 1 zombies was boring, repetitive and frustrating and the achievements were almost impossible.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It got complicated and became super dumb. CoD Zombies was a mode that should have been in only one game. Treyarch has been having lots of trouble keeping the mode fresh and exciting.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I was waiting for someone else to bring it up, but yes, zombies has become far too complicated with very little payoff.

Too much of zombies now relies on taking increasingly impossible waves of zombies, to find silly easter eggs or get a chance at some randomized item or what-not, and by the time you get to see an easter egg, or new area, or cool new gun, you die.

In World at War, it was at it's best. Level design favored smaller maps with more of a focus on killing zombies and each area serving some purpose within the whole map, by Black Ops and Black Ops II, the new maps are just too massive with pointless additions that require way too much planning.

Exiled_Badger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Exiled_Badger
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

I was waiting for someone else to bring it up, but yes, zombies has become far too complicated with very little payoff.

Too much of zombies now relies on taking increasingly impossible waves of zombies, to find silly easter eggs or get a chance at some randomized item or what-not, and by the time you get to see an easter egg, or new area, or cool new gun, you die.

In World at War, it was at it's best. Level design favored smaller maps with more of a focus on killing zombies and each area serving some purpose within the whole map, by Black Ops and Black Ops II, the new maps are just too massive with pointless additions that require way too much planning.

SPYDER0416
I agree, but I will say I believe the very first map, "Nacht Der Untoten (Night of the Undead)" may have been a little too small. But, it was the first map, just an experiment. But my biggest problem is they ended up getting too carried away with easter eggs and maps in general by the last couple of map packs on Black Ops. I remember "Shangri-La" took a good 2 hours to finally figure out the easter egg. After that I believe is when the series began going downhill. I really wish they would have made it into a separate video game, with multiplayer lobbies and lots of maps, etc.