This topic is locked from further discussion.

wierdchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 wierdchild
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I made this to see who agrees with me. I believe cod sucks because it never does anything new or improves it in any way. But everyone seems to think its amazing and innovative. The story in black ops copys off assasins creeds main story component but no one seems to notice! i wpuld like your thoughts cod fanboys stay away!

dazman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#2 dazman31
Member since 2005 • 2507 Posts

At this point I don't think anyone really argues that it's innovative. I play COD because I find it fun and a lot of my friends play it and I can play with them. It's not as if it's the only game I play. I really don't like the way people feel the need to single out COD because it's immensely popular, and I'm not defending it because I'm a "COD fanboy," I'm not saying it's a marvelous game but by the same token it isn't a bad game either.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

I generally don't like the FPSs and I've heard that they're even worse on handhelds (DS for example) but it got a decent review here and scored an 8.0. Its not my cup of tea; the campaign is so up and down with its difficulty, but the multiplayer and zombies aren't bad. (This is the DS version I'm talking about). The other reeason why I bought was to add another genre to my collection. I like all sorts of games and prefer variety. But it has to be good.

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

theres abit of a difference between black ops story plot and the one in assaisins creed mate.....

as in ac the other people working the animus also see what s happening aswell as desmond while black ops only the actual protaginist is reliving it.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Wait a second...now that you mention it...Mason and Bartender Guy who's name I can't remember DO look like each other! Ah-ha! The truth comes out! A special task force will be assigned to scan each neighbour and remove copies of this "cod". They'll be destroyed at once!
octoman115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 octoman115
Member since 2010 • 765 Posts

At this point I don't think anyone really argues that it's innovative. I play COD because I find it fun and a lot of my friends play it and I can play with them. It's not as if it's the only game I play. I really don't like the way people feel the need to single out COD because it's immensely popular, and I'm not defending it because I'm a "COD fanboy," I'm not saying it's a marvelous game but by the same token it isn't a bad game either.

dazman31

This is my exact thinking. People don't play it because it innovates on its original formula, people play it because it is fun and continues to be fun throughout the series. A big reason for me playing is to have something to play with friends because it's about the only game they play (Only one of my friends would be considered a "real" gamer and he's on 360 and I'm on PS3. The rest just play CoD).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

Do you really have to make this thread? Some people like it (I'm one of them) and others don't. Is there a problem with that?

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
well, i think its a fun game, its not even nearly perfect but its really fun... its also not supposed to be a combat simulator
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

I made this to see who agrees with me. I believe cod sucks because it never does anything new or improves it in any way. But everyone seems to think its amazing and innovative. The story in black ops copys off assasins creeds main story component but no one seems to notice! i wpuld like your thoughts cod fanboys stay away!

wierdchild

I do have to agree the reason im not a COD fan anymore is not because its popular its because brings no innovation to gaming they finally added a film feature that Halos had since 2007 . They havent updated the Engine in 4 games . To me it seems all they do is make a new campaign and same multiplayer , Yeah i know that saying " If it aint broke dont fix it " But theyve been going by that for too long .and on top of it their is a new one every year cause ACTIVISON knows everyone in the World will rush out and buy it ...

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

And cheese is awesome, unless you're lactose intolerant.

So I guess TC is CoD intolerant :P

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

And cheese is awesome, unless you're lactose intolerant.

So I guess TC is CoD intolerant :P

Rhino53

I love Cheese :D

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts

I agree that the biggest problem is lack of innovation. Sports games have an even bigger problem since there realistically isn't much they could ever change to make them better other than the gameplay which gets the backseat to graphics which ironically aren't impressive either. The only change is the better mocap work.

But the question is that if someone believes that the game is the same then why buy the next version if there really are no changes? That's not logical. My guess is that people don't realize that at all. Another example is seen in the movie industry where stories are just getting ripped off. Avatar being the biggest rip-off of Fern Gully. But my guess is that most people haven't read it and just don't know.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44364 Posts
Ever since Modern Warfare the Call of Duty franchise has been practically tied with Halo as my favourite FPS franchise. I love the games and find to be incredibly fun. As long as they keep making them as great as they have been I'll be right there buying them.
Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

My favorite thing is that I can play with friends. That's actually the reason a lot of my friends buy it is to play with each other, there's a few of us who really like it, the rest buy it to play with each other.

the_wolf_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 the_wolf_7
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

I agree that COD never REALLY does anything new, to be honest i never bought a COD game except for world at war. But i picked up Black ops because someone wanted me to be a "Hardcore" Shooter gamer. It ive seen differences in just about every aspect. But this may be because like i stated, i never bought a COD game until now. Its actually not that bad. In my opinion however, Medal of Honor, is more Hardcore, because it simply more realistic. Dont know if that means..hardcore or not.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't think CoD is bad. Derivative? Definitely. Milking the cow? Sure. That's still a far cry from being bad though.

Perhaps the old timers may think it's bad. But, there's always legions of new players coming up. They usually go for the latest if not the greatest and their first taste of the CoD franchise will be the latest CoD. For them, it's a brand new experience. Who am I to ruin their fun?

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
COD needed to die after world at war. All they do is change the Box art and the name and pass it off as a new game
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Don't fix what's not broken? Your argument is flawed and does not make COD seem "bad" in the least.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
They're not trying to be innovative or original, the series hasn't had any original ideas since CoD4's rpg-like approach to multiplayer. All they're doing now is providing people with the best possible competitive multiplayer experience.
ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

CoD isn't bad, but it isn't great either. It falls into the catagory of 7.0 for me (besides the first MW). It just brought nothing new and even took out some things (MW2 no dedicated servers.)

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

I play COD because i like it and it's the only game of it's kind which really surprises me. I can't believe no other company has tried their hand at the COD formula. It's the only game that gives you the option of primary guns, side arms, attachments, and perks that you can mix and match to your liking, that's one of the main reason's i never got into BF:BC was because i hate the fact that it has preset classes to where i can't choose to have a sniper rifle, with a rocket launcher, and be a medic at the same time.

Broken_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Broken_K
Member since 2011 • 402 Posts

Do you really have to make this thread? Some people like it (I'm one of them) and others don't. Is there a problem with that?

Finally a reasonable person

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44633 Posts
it's not bad, but I wasn't impressed with the last game, the engine is getting dated and needs improvements, especially with the AI, but the devs are good with their level designs, their artistic abilities, the writing, though I think the work they'll need to update the engine may take longer than their leapfrogging development timeframe of 2 years
DarkyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarkyGamer
Member since 2011 • 61 Posts

COD's just bad after cod 4, world at war is alrite but the MW2 and BO is just terrible

lasseeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lasseeb
Member since 2010 • 1186 Posts

wierdchild

1. I think you mean Fifa. No but seriously. Think of the amazing change between COD 3 and COD 4. The change beetween COD 4 and MW2.

Create a class, custom killstreaks, new weapons, new perks, new maps, new modes (Spec Ops and Zombies)

2. The story in Black Ops only copy's off one part of AC's story. That you see memories.(And it was only back ops, not the whole series.)

(We obviously have an Assasin's Creed fan boy in linkin park. lol)

Wanna know why people buy COD? Because the multiplayer is REALLY fun. And it amazing playing Zombies with a buddy, if both have Mic's-

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

Yup.

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

I play COD because i like it and it's the only game of it's kind which really surprises me. I can't believe no other company has tried their hand at the COD formula. It's the only game that gives you the option of primary guns, side arms, attachments, and perks that you can mix and match to your liking, that's one of the main reason's i never got into BF:BC was because i hate the fact that it has preset classes to where i can't choose to have a sniper rifle, with a rocket launcher, and be a medic at the same time.

JayQproductions

Actually, the rainbow six games also gave you a choice of primary gun, side arm, two equipment slots, armour and clothes. I really miss those games.

Anyways, I always had a few issues with COD that I couldn't shake off, probably because I was used to halo games. First of all, everything is horribly scripted and on-rails. This is usually not too bad, but in COD it also means most (or all) allies you have are invincible and don't do much against the enemies. They're just mascots most of the time. In Halo games I had a lot of fun actually protecting my allies because I know they'd be useful to me at some point. Pair this with the never ending stream of enemies until you pass a certain point, and the campaign usually felt tacked on to me.

In multiplayer the main problem I had was the horrible matchmaking. COD games have the potential for lots of strategy and tense matches. However, that never happens in "matchmaking" because at least half the players each match are horrible, and the good players end up kill-farming them and the game is won by how bad your teammates are instead of how good the rest of the players are. I quess this is pretty normal for most people, but having played halo games a lot, I was used to a much higher level of skill from my teammates and opponents. Basically, a lot of players online in halo 2 and 3 knew some advanced tactics, and were good at teamwork. It really made the game a lot better. In COD there was no such thing as teamwork.

That said, it's a good game for what it's trying to achieve. That is, being the Madden or Fifa of shooter games.

face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
Its just an addicting game, But.. i got bored of it now and started doing other things. As for it copying AC story.. thats not true. AC isn't the only game where you are playing a "vision".
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Like Assassins Creed? Really? No. You should take a good look at the campaigns again mate. Desmond is replaying his ancestors for info while sitting in a machine. In BO you just have flashbacks. The Storylines don't even come close lol. Black Ops isn't bad. This is already the seventh game, they are now trying to boost the multiplayer experience to the next level and make a new story line every game. In the end it's a shooter, what can they think more of that's innovative? It's fun online and has a cool but short campaign.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarMan96"]

Broken_K

Finally a reasonable person

Thank you

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

wierdchild
"copies assasin creed story main component" Wut? :shock: You need to watch more old movies. Especially cold war related. Now on the "it does not improve anything thingy" I think all can agree that cod 2 was vastly improved from the first game. Now cod 3? It was a cheap spinoff. Cod 4 was also vastly improved. Waw? it was a ww2 mod of cod4 and weaker in every way. Mw2? It has alot of new things to play with. ALOT. However people decided that those things were too noobish and they would rather a more generid fps :roll: As for black ops? No one can argue that the gameplay is not more balanced and than mw2 and that the buying system is not something new. If you wanna see games that do not improve anything in any way. All you have to do is to check the ps1-ps2 tomb raider games. Minus the one they tried to change and mess it up (angel of darkness) or the pokemon games or the 3 stalker games that are like IDENTICAL to each other. Atleat cod games change the setting and many of the weapons. Stalker games, "hardly" have 1 or 2 new weapons. Or the epsiodes 1 and 2 from hl2. Which are like, compeltly identical to hl2. Not even a new gun.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
For now "more of the same" works for them...
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I don't think Call of Duty sucks. There are annoyances, but I love it.

I have:

CoD: BO

CoD: MW2

CoD: MW

CoD: W@W

CoD: 3 (Doesn't work b/c of cracked disc) :(

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Thinking about this more trough, i believe milking a franchise is not equal to something negative if the games remain solid, and if they offer something in return. FF managed, at least up until X. Mario managed (but that's because it's character exists in varied types of games, nearly any game based on a mascot can endure the test of time).

The thing with CoD is that they use the same formula over and over again with each release, and naturaly, one's conclusion is that the developers in charge can't be creative, hence simply making a petty cash-in, it's a bussiness afterall.. Money. For a primarely online game, this oversaturation is going to end in blood sheed, & Activision knows it.

And now there's the eighth entry slated to be released in 2011.. No shame left in this cow cash in.

CoD, in the gaming industry, has become the Lady Gaga & Justin Bieber of the music industry.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
CoD is fun, has sharp controls, has a short learning curve, customizable weapons, and is one of the few games that offer a Free For All mode, which is my favorite. Ona side note: you seem to know nothing about Assassin's Creed.
CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

You shouldn't discriminate against a fish.

triggrnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 triggrnc
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I play COD because i like it and it's the only game of it's kind which really surprises me. I can't believe no other company has tried their hand at the COD formula

JayQproductions

Because then no-one buys the cheap COD rip-off game. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but in gaming its usually the kiss of death.

AL_GREEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AL_GREEN
Member since 2010 • 953 Posts
ITT: We look for reasons to hate something popular
francisoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 francisoc
Member since 2010 • 80 Posts

I've always liked CoD. I´ve had CoD 2,3,4 and MW2. I think the best of them is 4, because it's the only one actually innovative. I won´t say that i regret buying MW2, but if i knew how it was i would have bought another game. I simply got tired of CoD. I´m not saying that MW2 or Black Ops are bad, they just don´t interest me anymore.

wierdchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wierdchild
i believe your right and i know everyone else here has thier own opions and ya it can be fun for them but i like new things in sequels not the same stuff
wierdchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wierdchild
ya but even the multiplayers being hacked and that now and gliched and i like fair no cheap multiplayer
wierdchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wierdchild
[QUOTE="lasseeb"]

[QUOTE="wierdchild"]

1. I think you mean Fifa. No but seriously. Think of the amazing change between COD 3 and COD 4. The change beetween COD 4 and MW2.

Create a class, custom killstreaks, new weapons, new perks, new maps, new modes (Spec Ops and Zombies)

2. The story in Black Ops only copy's off one part of AC's story. That you see memories.(And it was only back ops, not the whole series.)

(We obviously have an Assasin's Creed fan boy in linkin park. lol)

Wanna know why people buy COD? Because the multiplayer is REALLY fun. And it amazing playing Zombies with a buddy, if both have Mic's-

ya i like assasins creed and new maps and that arent good if the maps themselfs are not good to look at and are to simple to know the best pots and respawn points. Also zombies is fun im not gunna lie its good but i prefer deadrising 2 but yes the zombies are fun. Also the perks are very unbalanced. Commando you can knife someone whos standing like 4 metres away from you. The kill streaks nearly require camping unless your really good. And yes there was a change between cod 3 and mw but im talking about the gameplay
wierdchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wierdchild

First off i madde this to see what other people thought and im fine with u guys bashing me but please i made this for people who want to give me points about qhy it doesent suck but the ones who are just saying whats not broke dont fix it. Ya that works for 1 maybe 2 games. But not for 4 games. So dont give me that crap. Ok please.

mercenaryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mercenaryy
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
COD is a good shooter one of the best... but it's a FPS. The best Games are RPG
Avatar image for AddictedGamer50
AddictedGamer50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 AddictedGamer50
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts

I pretty much hate cod, but I play it cause it seems nobody else plays online in any other game.

TaoJeetKuneDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 TaoJeetKuneDo
Member since 2010 • 512 Posts
I don't agree , it's just your opinion .
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

i like cod 1-2 and cod4...thats about it...cod4 did make some innovative changes...but since...not much else...cod 1 was probably the best ww2 shooter around...i loved it...the only thing that can compete with it and probably beat it would have to be brothers in arms...and that game is just so...amazing...cod4...gosh i spent my entire summer before college playing the crap outta it...logged easily over 200 hours in 2 months with that...it was a very epic game...but i got bored with it...i tried the next few games and got bored with them as well...its funny...cause i love fps games...and i always seem to go back to unreal tournament 99 and quake 3 arena when i want to play with my friends...everyone(my friends) agree that they are some of the best arcade shooters out there...(only reason i didnt include cs:s is a sore loser we got who cant figure out how to get a hs)...so what im tryin to say, OP, is that u dont really have to be innovative to be good...which is odd cause some of the most innovative games around ive mentioned...but with how old they are...and how many sequels and out right copies of them have been made...they are still the best...and people have been trying to build on them...so...yeah innovation is great...but just bein a good ol' shooter...is better sometimes