Why a Halo MMO would be way better than Infinite

#1 Posted by sanghelle56 (197 posts) -

(Yes, this is a Halo post by SangHellE56. No, I don't plan on going on another senseless rant like my last related one that was a clusterf**k. I'm actually being serious as I was a Halo fan in the series' arguable glory days).

With today's open world mechanics and better graphics, I think an MMORPG set in the Halo Universe would be an awesome sell. I know that there was a cancelled project called Titan once upon a time that would've made it happen, but the plug was pulled when 3 released.

A Halo MMO has serious potential, and it would have Spartans as well as the two canned new ally alien races as being playable. (I read somewhere that the green spotted race is called Sigmas). Not sure why a hobbit-like species was included initially, also. But any ally is better than none. Halos CE and 2 were masterpieces, Reach was okay but from there I got bored. My point being there's more a free MMO could offer without any missing Archives.

NO WAY WOULD THIS BE A CLONE OF THE DESTINY SERIES OR WARFRAME. Halo's an OG and has been around well before both.

And Infinite's just borrowing elements from the more acclaimed PS4 games, har-har. Just the trailer makes it seem like a God of War buddy tag along story rich doppleganger.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19149 posts) -

I have zero interest in a Halo game without a proper SP campaign like in Halo 1-4... 5 was mediocre and it was obvious they concentrated more on the MP.

So no, I wouldn't be interested in an MMO.

#3 Posted by DaVillain- (37471 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I have zero interest in a Halo game without a proper SP campaign like in Halo 1-4... 5 was mediocre and it was obvious they concentrated more on the MP.

So no, I wouldn't be interested in an MMO.

Same here and I only play Halo for the lure of the series but MP is a bonus for me. Halo MMO is a huge pass for me. At least Halo Wars was nice enough.

#4 Posted by RSM-HQ (8538 posts) -

@sanghelle56: Are you not the same fellow who two weeks ago made the thread-

F*** Master Chief

?

#5 Posted by sealionact (4071 posts) -

Not for me. Halo is MP as well as an SP campaign....

#7 Posted by phbz (4573 posts) -

If MS doesn't want my money that would be a great way to achieve it.

#8 Edited by TomSharp (8 posts) -

Too be honest I'm more excited for the Reach remaster than I am for Infinite.

#9 Posted by sanghelle56 (197 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: Yes, that was me.

It's just Master Chief and the current Halos I don't like. I know I sounded cuckoo but I've always liked the lore, enough so that I want to either join or start a Halo RP on Discord. 343 doesn't know how to expand upon it.

#10 Edited by RSM-HQ (8538 posts) -

@sanghelle56: I would argue Halo became the juggernaut it is for being a defining first person shooter over this lore you seem fond of. After all we can examine based on outside media and spin-offs people namely want the campaign and multiplayer of the main FPS franchise over story details of the added fluff.

As for Halo reputation. Easy target due to the last game(s) not hitting previous standards. Many these gaming franchises go through it when continuing for many years without an absence, something is bound to be less than fan expectation(s). It's impossible to correct. Demographics become divided, and fanbois loose themselves in nostalgia.

Trust me I'm a Resident Evil fan, and even with the recent highs, many nostalgic fans are just lost causes.