This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shacks210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 0

#1 Shacks210
Member since 2006 • 4633 Posts

Who do you feel won e3 this year and why?

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
Us, because no matter who you are, what systems you own or don't, there were games on every system that were good.
musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
That's tough. Halo 3 had a pretty awesome trailer plus a real cinematic. Call of duty 4 had a sweet demo. Assassin's Creed looked amazing. Little Big World looked nice. But, I'm gonna have to say Halo 3. So many people were looking forward to that, and it really touched people. Halo 3 was the game of the show before it even started.
sCaReCr0W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 sCaReCr0W
Member since 2003 • 10300 Posts

I don't feel that any company in general "won" E3, because all said and done, nothing has really changed now that the show is over. Microsoft showed us games that we'll be playing before year-end, not showing anything new, or dropping their price. Nintendo showed us how "happy" Reggie and the gang are, after their Wii success, and they want gamers to workout more. Sony dropped their price, and then discontinued that model, while showing off some decent games for the future.

Nothing spectacular about any of the companies showings. The games still look good. That's what matters.

Hoffman-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hoffman-Hansen
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
Everything was so-so, there where a lot of games i would have liked to see more from, Fallout 3, Jericho, FF XIII etc. But I think Sony came out on top if you are talking about the press conferences.
Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts
Gamers again, for the most part. How many of us didn't see at least 10 games that we definitely want to buy?
Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Oni
Member since 2002 • 1648 Posts
There weren't that many surprises this year .. was kinda disappointing. Also E3 was looked reeealy boring. The real winners were anyone who didn't have to go to E3 this year :p
r11011b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 r11011b
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts

I did. I won E3. I always win.

But I'd say Sony was a close second place, just because I'm a misty-eyed optimist. ;) Then again, I mostly agree with the others...E3 was, overall, very lame this year.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

There weren't that many surprises this year .. was kinda disappointing. Also E3 was looked reeealy boring. The real winners were anyone who didn't have to go to E3 this year :pOni

Well said LOL.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

People who like games won...Now cop out answer

MS...Showed me games I will be playing in a reasonable time

Sony showed me a bunch of games that either seem to fall into...This Winter...Next Spring or Beyond

Nintend...Should me hot to get fit.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

I don't feel that any company in general "won" E3, because all said and done, nothing has really changed now that the show is over. Microsoft showed us games that we'll be playing before year-end, not showing anything new, or dropping their price. Nintendo showed us how "happy" Reggie and the gang are, after their Wii success, and they want gamers to workout more. Sony dropped their price, and then discontinued that model, while showing off some decent games for the future.

Nothing spectacular about any of the companies showings. The games still look good. That's what matters.

sCaReCr0W

This is how I feel as well. There weren't any huge paradigm shifts in the gaming landscape due to this years show. But it was fun to see all those games.

Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts
Games we already knew about were shown there, barely anything new or exciting in my eyes. But still a solid E3 overall. As others have said, the unoriginal answer is the gamers are the winners. I dont think 1 company trumped the other one as to be the ''winner''.
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Unreal Tournament 3, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword......Sony won this deal big time.
hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hair001
Member since 2005 • 1202 Posts
It's really hard to say who won E3. Microsoft have an awsome line up for the rest of the year (starting with Bioshock late next month) and are in the lead my a good margin in the console race (in terms of games for me). Nintendo brought Wii Fit which will no doubt help the Wii sell even more and the board could be used in other games (e.g. snowboarding on it would be cool). Sony propberbly won the show however. Whilst they're still last in the race overall and behind Microsoft in my mind, they made huge improvments and caught up alot this E3. They don't look so far behind now and it really is a 3 horse race now. Before I wasn't too interested in the PS3, now I think I'll proberbly be buying one next year
obi-wan2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 obi-wan2000
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Every single gamer won , it is very close to say which of the big three won . There are going to be a lot of games for all consoles , which increases my wish list of games.In my opinion , Microsoft impressed me during their conference with the most anticipating game of all time:Halo 3 , Nintendo introducing Wii Fit , which could bring games to a all new experience like never before and Sony , which is games lineup impressed me more that the other two. But at end , everyone wins.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
GAMERS won E3 '07 - there are a lot of games that were shown off that I am looking forward to.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Sony unveiled more quality new games than anyone else, but I think MS had a better showing than anyone else (the 'problem' was that a lot of their impressive stuff had been shown or leaked long before E3). Winning E3 doesn't really mean anything. Only a tiny minority of gamers paid attention to E3 back before casual gamers started entering the industry en masse. The meaningful battles are fought on store shelves, not in trade shows. GTA3 didn't receive much attention when it was shown at E3 but it went on to become a phenomena. Space Channel 5 was a darling of the E3 but it died at retail (perhaps because each copy didn't come with one of the dancers that so impressed the press corp).

Myviewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 Myviewing
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
I want the fanboys to hear this again: Everyone won at E3. "Nintendo still doesn't have third party support", "Microsoft is just out there", and "Sony has done little to change its policies" are what some people may claim as indicators to which company is losing. But really, let's not argue over who's better than who. As long as the three sides have games to supply to gamers that appeal to them, they all earn good respect. Everyone has different tastes to what kind of games they might like, some stay true to Sony, some found a new home with Microsoft, and others have foundsomething to enjoy aboutNintendo. If any of these companies didn't make games that appealed to gamers, then and ONLY then will one of them lose atE3.