Who thinks the NX will fail with all this news?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BRANDDOLPHIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BRANDDOLPHIN
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

As a nintendo fan, I fell dissapointed without the nx at e3 or other games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

What is "all this news"? You mean the fact they won't be at E3?

No big deal, if they're not at this E3, it means they're still deep in development. It will be at the next E3 most likely, unless it is released before then.

E3 is total circle jerk from what I've read, so no big loss. Bunch of developers telling themselves how awesome they are...

BRANDDOLPHIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BRANDDOLPHIN

@mrbojangles25: Yes! my trick worked! you agreed with me! fineally somebody!

BRANDDOLPHIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BRANDDOLPHIN

@mrbojangles25: Im happy that you dont care that nx is not on e3.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19568 Posts

It's launching in under a year with a brand new Zelda game leading the lineup. Seems like great news to me - and definitely something to get hyped for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Instead of sharing the news of the NX with everything else going on at E3 they wait a few weeks, have a Nintendo Direct, and the Video Game Media talks about the NX exclusively for a week.

Pretty good strategy.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

If the next Nintendo console costs $5,It would be a waste of money.If it was free,it's a waste of time.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

We know virtually nothing about it. Until we get some actual information I can't even begin to make a prediction.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#10 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Still too early to judge. Unless I hear more about it, I'm not even gonna form an opinion on the matter.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

My two cents: Unless they do like they used to going back through all their old consoles EXCEPT the Wii U where they just release new iterations of all of their established IPs (a new Mario, a new Zelda, a new Star Fox, a new Metroid Prime, a new Animal Crossing, a new Donkey Kong, a new F-Zero, etc), I think they are going to have a hard time just like the Wii U. Games are taking longer to come out now given that production value for these current gen games are much bigger than say Bioshock or Splinter Cell was back in the 2000s, that I can understand. But the Wii U's library is soooo super small compared to the PS4 and Xbone given that 3rd party support hasn't been good since the N64 days. The Wii U did have some new iterations in their franchises, like Star Fox, Smash Bros, and I guess you could count Mario (even though New Super Mario Bros and Mario Maker aren't as fully-fledged as say Mario Galaxy or Mario Sunshine for the Wii and the Gamecube), but it just doesn't seem like enough has happened on the Wii U and already they are starting up another console next year?

My brother owns the Wii U as he loves Nintendo. I got fed up back in the Gamecube years when many 3rd party games weren't coming out for the Nintendo console like GTA, MGS, many Tom Clancy games, SOCOM, etc. So many games would come out each month for the PS2 and Xbox, while the Gamecube would get a few new NINTENDO games. So I gave up years ago and have been loving PC and Sony gaming ever since. He is probably going to give up too, given that he only has like 7 games for the Wii U which seem to be like half of its library (of main feature AAA games anyway).

These are my feelings anyway. Nintendo could truly do a 180 and pull out tons of new and exciting games for the NX by next year other than just Zelda and everyone could be back on board. The thing is since the Wii U and its lack of content compared to its competitors, hope is really fleeting right now.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Their silence and decision to pass up E3 shows poor judgement IMO.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Depends on the line-up. Give me launch day Metroid Prime 4 and you Nintendo, got yourself a buyer day one. But for now, no point in talking about Nintendo NX until we get full details, price, launch games, and release date (I know it's March 2016 but the date is what I mean) but until then, cannot comment on anything until next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'm sure that has already hurt the NX a bit. Unless this thing really wows people when it's unveiled, Nintendo might have really irritated a lot of potential consumers with their poor handling of NX information.

People nowadays are impatient. And they have a lot of different information being constantly thrown at them. It may work as a reminder for some people, all of these headlines about the NX leading up to launch... But really I think it's just too many articles saying "okay, we still don't really know anything new about this system... Here's an estimated release period...here's something the lead system architect said...here's some patent that could turn out to be the actual name of the system...", etc. And it really just makes a lot of people lose interest in the NX already, because at this point the thing could really turn out either lame or decent.

Honestly, I'm half-expecting this thing to be a semi-hardware that works with smartphones, or something. To me, that is a pretty big turn-off scenario. I hope I am wrong, because another part of my brain is expecting this awesome handheld/console hybrid thing...which could still turn out any number of ways depending on the execution.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@branddolphin said:

As a nintendo fan, I fell dissapointed without the nx at e3 or other games.

It´s a PR Stunt.

They do not want previews to ruin the potential income from people rushing out and buying their shit and not using their brains.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@Jacanuk: The flip side to that thought is that if Nintendo do have a lot of awesome games coming out later on, without previewing them at E3 I feel it is going to be tough to get people interested. Yes, I understand hype can ruin games. Hype ruined Fallout 4 for me, and GTAV, and Skyrim (all preorders for me because of their predecessors' great quality). But if Nintendo just foregoes E3 all together and just come out with their games later on out of the blue, how can they expect to generate a good amount of sales?

Sony and Microsoft have always been there to showcase awesome features of new upcoming games so that many people at the event and online can get excited about what they want to buy. Nintendo was good at this too. I still remember that iconic moment when they unveiled Twilight Princess to make many fans happy that a new, more mature Zelda was coming and Miyamoto was waving that sword around very happy to please the crowd! Where is that same motivation? It just honestly feels like Nintendo are gradually declining as if they just don't care anymore.

And the crazy thing is, like I said before, they don't even NEED third party support. They could literally just announce new iterations to their already awesome established franchises that have been around for decades and they would win people over (myself included if done right). In this way, they could have it much easier than Sony and Microsoft as their exclusives, I believe, don't generate nearly as much hype the same way a new Mario, a new Zelda, a new Metroid, a new F-Zero, a new Donkey Kong, a new Star Fox, and etc does.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#17 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Based on their recent track record, it's probably nothing to get excited about. I've waiting to be surprised (in a good way) by Nintendo for a very long time.

KurtEaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KurtEaston
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

I'm not as worried about the release date as I am the rumor posted on IGN about Nintendo dropping discs to go back to cartridges. If they do, I can't imagine many third party developers would want to bother dealing with the extra hassle and expense of making a cartridge (or SD card, which is many times the price of a disc.)

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Their silence and decision to pass up E3 shows poor judgement IMO.

Ditto. They need to get out ahead of all the speculation and start painting a picture of what this thing is and will be and why we should be excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5918d8aa3c41f
deactivated-5918d8aa3c41f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5918d8aa3c41f
Member since 2015 • 129 Posts

I hear that rumors suggest the Nintendo NX is really another handheld and Nintendo probably wont have another Home console

facts23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 facts23
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

the more i read about the system + nintendos usual unwillingness to treat their 3rd parties in a decent way, i don't see how they will dominate the market. as usual, a novelty gimmick added onto a subpar system. their it infrastructure is from last century and they all in all got no clue what gaming has become. i mean, have you played a nintendo title in the past 5-8 years. they were all pretty much abysmal. they are stuck in the 80s - when they were pretty much all there was. but these times have changed. the market has not only grown quite a bit, it has changed fundamentally. and this situation shows in their sales figures. they made a lucky draw with the wii. they thought they found a new market. but they couldn't be more wrong. their so called new market is not coming back. casuals couldn't care less. it was a onetime thing.

when i was a kid i also thought nintendo is THE videogame company. but today, when i take into consideration market rules and business models, i do not feel comfortable donning money to their incompetence.

do some freaking market research, accept that you are a part of the market and act accordingly. maybe then my wallet will somehow open again for you, but as my experience with you the past 30+ years clearly shows: it's no good hoping that they suddenly change for the better.

and please, don't give me the "but it has got zelda" treatment. zelda sucks in my personal opinion. so it's neither a system seller for me nor is it worth the while.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I am really excited for the NX to be revealed but I also have a lot of questions about it that make me worried. Will it get third party support back? What will the launch lineup be? Will it have the same or better graphical capabilities as the PS4/Xbox One? Will the controller be a gimmick? What other Nintendo games are going to be on it? Will it have a more casual or hardcore focus?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

I doubt it'll fail.

Nintendo has done some stupid mistakes in the past, but they usually bounce back, successfully.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Going off the rumours (which could turn out to be total nonsense), I think it sounds promising.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#25 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

I'm interested in the NX but not willing to put up with another WiiU.

Shame as I love the 3DS_