Which last gen console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

charliemac7474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 charliemac7474
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
Love my 360 but it's BC kinda sucks looking to play some last gen games such as silent hill series, doom 3, eternal darkness r.evil, Chronicles of riddick i know some of which are exclusive to some platforms e.g chronicles (xbox), eternal darkness (g.c) so idealy i would buy all three, but righ now i can only afford to choose one, as i have some new releases for my 360 that i want to get. Which last gen console therefore will give me best valu for money for the types of games i have listed ? Or should i get a Wii as that will give me access to the complete GC back catalogue?
Avatar image for nintendo4ever25
nintendo4ever25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 nintendo4ever25
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
I personally think that u should get a Gamecube (melee, animal crossing, final fantasy,exc) or as u know a lot of games besides HAlo and chronicles of Riddick debuted on the PS2. With a DVD player and games still being made for it I say that is a better choice for u to get a PS2. OR you can biuy both of them for roughly around $100. (PS2 is around $80, G-cube around $20) but the titles that u missed on the gamecube can be played on the wii. But if u have a hundred dollars then buy both. Trust me, i have both of them and i play them alot. and constantly buy used gamecube gam,es like star fox and MEtroid PRime for like $8.
Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Yameneko549
Member since 2003 • 4522 Posts

I'd say to get a Gamecube. It has a LOT of great titles. I really don't like suggesting that anyone gets a Wii to play GCN games, due to the fact that you still have to use the Wii Remote to go through that stupid system menu, and because it doesn't support the Broadband Adapter for LAN\Online games, or the Game Boy Player for playing GB\GBC\GBA games on your TV.

That, and I honestly find that the quality of the picture in GCN games don't match up to what I see when playing them on an actual Cube. I dunno, maybe it's just me, or my 42" LCD... To be honest, it's hard to tell.

charliemac7474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 charliemac7474
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
Think i'll get either PS2 ($80 UK) such great catalouge, silent hill series, beyond good & evil, GOW 1&2, Obscure, Fahrenheit etc or XBOX ($40 UK) for Doom 3, Riddeck, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, Black for now then get Wii to play GC titles Metroid, RE remake, Eternal Darkness when i've got more cash, still need to buy Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, POP 5 and COD5 for my 360 oh well wish i was rich or had a good gamestation discount!
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#5 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

I personally think that u should get a Gamecube (melee, animal crossing, final fantasy,exc) or as u know a lot of games besides HAlo and chronicles of Riddick debuted on the PS2. With a DVD player and games still being made for it I say that is a better choice for u to get a PS2. OR you can biuy both of them for roughly around $100. (PS2 is around $80, G-cube around $20) but the titles that u missed on the gamecube can be played on the wii. But if u have a hundred dollars then buy both. Trust me, i have both of them and i play them alot. and constantly buy used gamecube gam,es like star fox and MEtroid PRime for like $8.nintendo4ever25
um why would he get a gc a wii plays c games in thwe same way c ames were played on a gc ,  gc is a waste now, sure when it was at 99 and still out, why would any body wait even if it lacked 3rd party support, how much would you pay for one any way, when its already to late basically or when theres a unit that jus came oui known as the wii and it plays it,

i say xbox, ,that is the only console besides a ps2 if you do not have a ps3 60 20 or early 80 gb since 360 hardly plays many of the original xbox but the wii and ps3 60 20 and old 80 gb play ps1 and 2 games, /or gc respectfully, 

or unless your a collector ,, youd get all 3 if thats the case 4 counting dc, 

i own 4  plus all handhelds from last gen and all the stuff beforehand and now after wards, so ya i m a collector but if hes not a colletor and doesnt need every console or want every console, , he should get a xbox, 

ps2 if he doesnt already own a 60 old 80 or 20 gb ps3,  

gc only if he really just wants it,   thats the last thing id buy if i were in this situation my self seeing wii plays gc games you just need to get controllers gc,memory card and games, if you got the system, because, it plays gc games, plus you can download     v c and wii ware titles as well as have access to nintendos or 3rd party current titles, made spacifically for the wii mote 

(all vc games can use gc controller or you can buy a classic for only 19.99 or less, if used) 

so definatelly do not get a gamecube , wii is practically the follow up to gamecube 

like ps2 was to ps1, 

so ya et a xbox  ps2 has more titles but then again you can always hun a 60 or 20 gb ps3 down to play its games 

93jam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 93jam
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
Depending on how much money you want to spend, I would get a gamecube or wii. Gamecubes are $30 US dollars at gamestop. You have a lot of games to choose from. Zelda, SSBM, Metroid, Mario, Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, and the RE series. You can probably find a good deal on craigslist.
coconutkokal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 coconutkokal
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts
the wii is b.c i would get it!!