Which has a better story Gta vice city or Yakuza 0 and why?

Kingadetv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Kingadetv
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

Which has a better story Gta vice city or Yakuza 0 give an explanation if you can

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9255 Posts

An odd comparison to be sure I've played Ryū ga Gotoku Zero (Yakuza Zero) while didn't really care for a lot of the gameplay the story is very deep and heavy with a lot of growth and development with the cast of characters. However this comes at the cost of a lot of text and extremely long cutscenes, if you was never a fan of Metal Gear Solid and how long those cutscenes run for, you will have similar issues following this game.

With the counter point don't recall if I played Grand Theft Auto Vice City, I do however know its entire cast and story focus is to replicate a cult classic flick called Scar Face. Which itself isn't exactly the greatest story ever told but is showing how a goon becomes a power mad crime God. Less text and more audio noise in the Grand Theft Auto series with a lot more focus on throwing a swear word for shock value. I do believe GTA cutscenes are much shorter however so are easier to digest by comparison.

*Overall depends what you really want from your gaming 'plot' I suppose. Character building managing dark tones with comedic shōnen trope set-pieces. Or a retread on a American gangsta movie from forty years ago, more focus on chaotic gameplay with background audio over cutscenes with a QTE.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 586 Posts

Yakuza 0, The character development and plot twists are better than grade A Hollywood films. I'm in the minority and cannot enjoy a game if there is no engaging characters or story and Yakuza 0 hits the nail on the head for how good the story line is.