Which E3 conference are you most looking forward to?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheBlueAtlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which E3 conference are you most looking forward to? (9 votes)

Read the comment below 44%
and be sure to check out the link, thanks 56%

Hey guys I have started a Poll and I'm sharing It around the most popular gaming websites to get people's opinion.

The only reason that I haven't started a GameSpot Poll Is because I'd rather have everyones vote goes Into the one Poll, This Is also easier for me to check rather than sign Into multiple accounts.

I would appreciate it if you guys voted, Thanks

https://strawpoll.com/1s2zc8x

• 
Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I voted for "read the comment below" , even though I didn't :)

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Where is the none?

I work from game to game and am just wait. Overall E3 has little affect on me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm hoping that its going to be a good E3 I really enjoyed last year's event so lets see if they can improve on that this year.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44322 Posts

Microsoft for me.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#5 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

Sony. See what that new Uncharted is looking like. A little bummed out they pushed Shenmue 3 back, tho smh

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I wanna say Microsoft, but I don't see them coming out with any exclusives this late in the console cycle.....so I'll go with Sony.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Sony and because I'm a Sony shill I guess

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

I won't ever get a Scorpio. I have a PS4 Pro and have a good PC that I will upgrade (if AMD ever decides to grace us with Vega). Still for me the Microsoft conference is the one I'm looking to most. Showcasing new hardware and one so tooted for it's power is very exciting and as a casual observant of the industry, I'm interested in the price and launch window as well.

Sony always has a good E3 and I hope they unveil some completely new and interesting games. The biggest announcement of the whole show for me, if the rumors are true, is easily Bloodborne 2. I really hope it's coming.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Sony for me, I've always liked the Playstation and it's games more than the others.

I'm hoping for a release date for GTS and PCARS 2 from SMS.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11676 Posts

Bethesda because I like the games they usually bring and I'm crossing my fingers for The Evil Within 2.

*A long stretch but also whichever conference Capcom show Itsuno Hideaki sans game (Dragon's Dogma 2 or Devil May Cry 5), and Remake 2_

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

PC Game Show is what I'm really looking forward to the most. Follow by MS, Sony, and EA. That's about it really. But when it comes to E3, I'm basically just gonna watch everything.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

First is Nintendo to see if it can continue the momentum for the past three months of the Switch. Next would be the AAA titles listed in the E3 schedule. I'm curious if another Batman or perhaps Transformers will be announced or even another cartoon game in the fashion of T:D or TMNT: MIMM.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#13  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Bethesda, Microsoft and PC Gaming Show, but I'll be watching all of them.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

King Sony and then Nintendo

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I'm actually looking forward to Nintendo the most, because the only game I truly want to see more of is Super Mario Odyssey.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

None.

All is going to suck.

Overhyped games and titles are years from coming out and even then its downgraded beyond believe..

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

None.

All is going to suck.

Overhyped games and titles are years from coming out and even then its downgraded beyond believe..

Pretty much this.

Hype and advertising is killing it for me. I see absolutely no humility, no real innovation (only gimmicks). Nothing really looks fun to me, you know? It all is starting to just blend together and look like the same crap, it might as well just be the same three or four games from the same two or three megapublidevs.

Still waiting for them to tackle cross-platform play on Xbox and PC, that would be awesome.

LordIvalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordIvalice
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

IMO, Sony then Nintendo's conference are personally what I am excited for out the ones listed.

Being a Sony home console fan and a Nintendo handheld fan.

Appears they both have something that caters towards my personal tastes, especially this year.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Microsoft because I feel they have the most new games to show off. They kind of have to sell people on Scorpio.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wiouds

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:

None.

All is going to suck.

Pretty much this.

Hype and advertising is killing it for me. I see absolutely no humility, no real innovation (only gimmicks). Nothing really looks fun to me, you know? It all is starting to just blend together and look like the same crap, it might as well just be the same three or four games from the same two or three megapublidevs.

Still waiting for them to tackle cross-platform play on Xbox and PC, that would be awesome.

All innovation started as gimmicks. Please explain this fetish for innovation some many have?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@joe_b1_kenobi said:

Microsoft because I feel they have the most new games to show off. They kind of have to sell people on Scorpio.

Particular with a price well above PS4 and even their own X1.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

@wiouds said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:

None.

All is going to suck.

Pretty much this.

All innovation started as gimmicks. Please explain this fetish for innovation some many have?

That's a cynical way to view innovation.I would argue that necessity, boredom, or the desire to create leads to innovation...

...while the desire to make a quick buck, take advantage of the lowest common denominators, and take the easy way out leads to gimmicks.

I mean, look it up: gimmick has a very negative denotation and connotation both. Innovation is generally very positive.

Is there some overlap? Sure: the widemouth can, for example, was a gimmick; but it also is found on nearly every can of soda, beer, and drink because it was innovative, works well, and ultimately serves a practical purpose. Open-world level design is incredibly innovative and can be mind-blowing, but has turned into a gimmick and leads to many potentially-great games being incredibly dull.

I don't have a fetish for innovation, I just want there to be some substance when they add new things to games, when they develop stuff. I don't want to see great, innovative ideas turned into abominations, either.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wiouds

@mrbojangles25 said:
@wiouds said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:

None.

All is going to suck.

Pretty much this.

That's a cynical way to view innovation.I would argue that necessity, boredom, or the desire to create leads to innovation...

...while the desire to make a quick buck, take advantage of the lowest common denominators, and take the easy way out leads to gimmicks.

I mean, look it up: gimmick has a very negative denotation and connotation both. Innovation is generally very positive.

Is there some overlap? Sure: the widemouth can, for example, was a gimmick; but it also is found on nearly every can of soda, beer, and drink because it was innovative, works well, and ultimately serves a practical purpose. Open-world level design is incredibly innovative and can be mind-blowing, but has turned into a gimmick and leads to many potentially-great games being incredibly dull.

I don't have a fetish for innovation, I just want there to be some substance when they add new things to games, when they develop stuff. I don't want to see great, innovative ideas turned into abominations, either.

My view about innovation comes from how gamers use it. Many times seem they use the only thing to measure games by yet you really can not measure innovation. Then there the over generalization like how indie games are the only source of innovation.

I guess I just find it over used and often no real backing for me to see it having any value.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#25 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

A lot of people here on this site, whether reasonably or unreasonably, seem disappointed with E3 so far. Well, I've seen some things that looked good already - maybe not many surprises, but definitely some games I wouldn't mind playing.

As a Nintendo fanboy, I have no idea if their event will do anything that pleases the masses. Who knows if there will be any surprises in tow? I suspect I'll like it anyway, there are already plenty of games on the way I'm planning on getting.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11676 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Bethesda because I like the games they usually bring and I'm crossing my fingers for The Evil Within 2.

*A long stretch but also whichever conference Capcom show Itsuno Hideaki sans game (Dragon's Dogma 2 or Devil May Cry 5), and Remake 2_

The Evil Within 2 happened and Sony showed Monster Hunter: World. I don't know yet if that was Hideaki samas game, or not? but let me just say this has been my favorite e3 in a very long time :)

@Ovirew:

A lot of people here on this site, whether reasonably or unreasonably, seem disappointed with E3 so far. Well, I've seen some things that looked good already