Which do you think will do better:Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock or Rock Band?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
I ,personally, think GH3 willdo and be betterjust because of its already established fan base and cheaper price. Both games will be excellent though. Very tough question too, if you ask me. What do youthink?
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts
It's really hard to say. I like the concept of Rock Band, but, to have real fun with it you need all instruments manned at once. Due to that reason, I feel GH3 will do better in terms of sale, but as for better music to be released for each, I'm going with Rock Band. They are going to have music and albums released that people would have never thought of for this game. They are working with some legendary rockers to come up with albums and tracks to release for this game in the coming future.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

gameplay wise i have a feelin it will be rockband as you can play songs over and over as a different "band" member(guitarist,basist,singer,drummer)

sales wise(what really matters) guitar hero 3 will do much better simply due to the price

stjimmy222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 stjimmy222
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts
I too like the idea of rock band but I agree it will only be fun if you have people playing with you
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
GH3 will probably sell better, but Rock Band will probably make as much as if not more money.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Guitar Hero is an established franchise and has a lower price point, so I imagine it will sell better.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Yeah, GH3 will probably sell better, while Rock Band should really take off once peripherals are separately available and once whole albums start getting released.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
Just based on the price GH3 will do better. It also has the advantage of name recognition. Frankly I think Rock Band is going to be hurt a bit too by its overly generic name. Sure, people in here who keep up with game updates and do research on games won't care, but for the more casual audience that made Guitar Hero so successful I could see a large portion of them dismissing the game because of a name that doesn't generate much interest.
Korubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Korubi
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts
Rock Band's just too expensive to sell as many copies at Guitar Hero III. And like you said, it already has the name people recognize. Maybe Guitar Hero III will see more competition once you can buy Rock Band with just one of the intsruments instead of all three.
OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
I think that GH3 will do because:
Its cheaper.
You can played alone(when you want)
Personally, i will get both but for Rock band, me and 3 friends are putting the money together to get it.
In rock band what is fun is the posibility to play with your friends, but alone it will be just like Guitar Hero. Besides, not all people will gather all the members you need to form a band.
Ntl_713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ntl_713
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It is a hard question knowing that alot of people love guitar hero and cant wait for guitar hero 3 coming out in 4 days...but i would say Rock band...I mean..lol a guitar..a drum and a microphone..what else do u need to start a rock band?And also theirs gonna be alot of albums to download and each week the'll release more songs and albums for you to download for free and Mtv has their back lol its an amazing game but gutiar hero 3 will do well 2 since its gonna have a wireless guitar and online mode
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts
Sorry for the question but I havn't followed either game really. Are the controllers interchangable between the games?