When was the last time you where really hyped for game?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 7664 Posts

Mine was GTA V for the PC back in 2015 it was one of those last times where waiting for a game to come to the PC was agony it felt like forever for it to happen. I still remember picking up the physical copy at Best Buy no other game since has made me feel hyped the closest thing since was when I got my Oculus Rift in 2016.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 13896 Posts

Dark Souls 3 I was hyped well in advance and couldn't wait, same with Dark Souls Remastered and Demon's Souls.

More recently Returnal came out. I wasn't hyped in advance. I didn't think Returnal would be my kind of game. When it came out it got good reviews and it had a lot more depth and story than I expected, and the rogue aspects turned out to be done really well, so I got hyped and bought it and it was as good as I hoped!

With Ratchet & Clank I thought it would be good for fans of the game, and people in my family preordered it because they were fans. I played them before happily but I thought by now I had experienced what the franchise had to offer and I was happy to be getting it in the house but I wasn't especially excited. But when that drew near it was electric, the reviews were glowing, and I couldn't deny the excitement and saw it all around me online. Seeing it in person, it looked so good I couldn't believe it, and it played so well and the story is very entertaining, everyone even sitting there watching it being played is having a lot of fun.

For The Last of Us 2, it was a game I got after it came out because I thought I didn't want to play something depressing which was the impression I got from the conversation. But when I started playing it, it felt a lot different than I expected and it was engaging, I had to see what happened next. It was like Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, who would want such a dark depressing story? But in reality it is so much more interesting than that superficial impression. TLoU2 really delivers. So when I started playing it, that's when I was hyped and when I had to break for real life, I couldn't wait to get back and play more.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 3371 Posts

I’d say Mortal Kombat: Deception. Had it pre-ordered and everything.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 12402 Posts

Hmmm probably last year's FF7R remake. Joined many social media discussion groups regarding that series to share the love and excitement.

For new games maybe FF14 Shadowbringer and FF16. But still not that much hyped yet as we havent seen much of both game but FF14 contents so far especially been brilliant.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4879 Posts

Smash Bros Ultimate. I usually wait years to buy a game on sale. After the "Everyone is Here" reveal, I decided just this once I was going to pre-order. More than just being a new game in a long running series, it felt like a celebration of gaming in general. So much hype.

Played the hell out of it on release, and have been getting back into it now that my kids are getting old enough to enjoy it too. It's got them curious about all these gaming icons that I will introduce them to over the next few years. When they're ready :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20932 Posts

The last was probably Mario 3D All Stars collection on Switch.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2968 Posts

Final Fantasy VII Remake.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warmblur

@outworld222 said:

I’d say Mortal Kombat: Deception. Had it pre-ordered and everything.

I was really hyped back in the day for that game too. I use to be a member on the Mortal Kombat Online forums back then and would talk about it all the time before it came out.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0  Online
Member since 2004 • 16375 Posts

Half life alyx i think. I had not played a FPS in VR at this point (plus more half life is never a bad thing). What i played of it was amazing but my PC cant quite deliver it at its best so i have held off (and i need to work up the nerve for Jeff :S).

Before that Xenobade 2 since 1 and X were amazing. that was painfully disappointing :S. i am still excited for the next one. plenty of developer release a dud but get back on form. my big concern is X2 is the best selling in the series so monolithsoft may think they did a good job :S.

Squadron 42 is kind of ongoing and the hype is pretty burnt out at this point :S. but still some hype there. if they ever release it and pull off half the things they are trying it will be a belter...hopefully. IF.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 outworld222

@warmblur: I used to be a member there as well. Remember the Baraka render before MK:D came out??

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 50538 Posts

Don't get hyped much these days, truth be told. I still look forward to games, don't get me wrong, but excited? Not so much.

I keep my expectations within reason is all.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 warmblur

@outworld222 said:

@warmblur: I used to be a member there as well. Remember the Baraka render before MK:D came out??

That's cool that you where there too, sorry I don't remember that Baraka render you are referring to.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 47374 Posts

Cyberpunk 2077 & Resident Evil 8: Village we're both my hype games and they both met my expectations.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 outworld222

@warmblur I think it was this one.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warmblur

@outworld222 said:

@warmblur I think it was this one.

Yep. :)

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 7824 Posts

I suppose I am usually hype for a thing. Games too!

• Elden Ring
  • Baulder's Gate 3
  • FF7 Remake part 2

Now I realize somethings shit happens and a game I'm excited for turns out to be a stinker (*cough* Dragon Age Inquisition). I have learned to temper my expectations.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 11335 Posts

Uncharted 4 was my last super hyped game. I bought the collectors edition as well as the collectors edition guide and the season pass.

I was excited for Ghost of Tsushima as well but not nearly as much and only bought the base game.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 1440 Posts

FF7R, Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2. Was on lockdown and itching to play.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 18363 Posts

Hitman 3 - Hype Met and so far GOTY 2021 and become best third person game today and best stealth trilogy in modern times since stealth games are crap nowadays.

Doom Eternal - Hype Met and become in my top 5 FPS of all time.

before that I hyped for Metro exodus but it doesnot turn out better than 2033 and last light I was hoping but turn out great.

slightly hyped for RE village this year and it turn out worse than RE7 because its more action oriented, and less horror and action does not matter in RE series since combat is crap. RE7 atmosphere was much better.

Jcdenton03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jcdenton03
Member since 2021 • 24 Posts

Cyberpunk 2077. <3

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 1

#21 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 10112 Posts

I'm assuming by "really hyped" is for a game in which only see going very well and have it on the mind often before release?

Eiyuden Chronicle is the most recent, it's why I backed the game, Suikoden is near and dear to my heart. Along with Baldur's Gate III which I have on Early Access, purely because D:OSII is one of my favorite games ever made.

Before that Monster Hunter World and Resident Evil 2 Remake probably. Fans of both franchises and they seemed to be doing everything I wanted for the games with what little I saw.