When playing the game is good to drink coke or aloe drink?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zhouchunzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zhouchunzi
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

Aloe vera drink more nutrients, less sugar, cola sugar a lot of bad health

I drink the best aloe drink is Mod Edit - Link Removed

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

drink water lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

I know this is an ad but has anyone had that aloe drink stuff? I never see people drinking it, but I see it everywhere. Is it any good?

All I know about aloe is it's that spindly stuff that grows close to the beach, and when you cut it, it's slimy (but juicy!). Never ate it before lol

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I know this is an ad but has anyone had that aloe drink stuff? I never see people drinking it, but I see it everywhere. Is it any good?

All I know about aloe is it's that spindly stuff that grows close to the beach, and when you cut it, it's slimy (but juicy!). Never ate it before lol

Never but then again all i drink is plain store bought water.

Do not touch anything else.

And yup that is a bot ad, amazing that after all this time the guys behind this board has not managed to find away to avoid them. And it´s not like it´s impossible, because i do not recall this on the old design or at their sistersite Gamebomb.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

@Jacanuk: right? I never remember ads occuring back in the day, or even up until maybe a couple years ago?

seriously think it's a conspiracy, like they're secretly taking money under the table and letting the boards get spammed. More traffic, a bit of money, some advertising...I mean everyone wins but us :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

And yup that is a bot ad, amazing that after all this time the guys behind this board has not managed to find away to avoid them. And it´s not like it´s impossible, because i do not recall this on the old design or at their sistersite Gamebomb.

I even flagged it yesterday..

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbojangles25

@Litchie said:
@Jacanuk said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I even flagged it yesterday..

I think the amount of people that work to maintain this site is pretty small. I Might be wrong but it sure seems like it.

It feels like there are a lot (too many? lots of bullshit, very little meaningful stuff here) of content creators, a few mods, but very few people that actually make sure the gears stay greased and things stay, you know...pleasant. Well maintained.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Fuuck yer aloe gel. Drink Mt. Dew all day e'ryday.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@mrbojangles25 said:

@Jacanuk: right? I never remember ads occuring back in the day, or even up until maybe a couple years ago?

seriously think it's a conspiracy, like they're secretly taking money under the table and letting the boards get spammed. More traffic, a bit of money, some advertising...I mean everyone wins but us :P

Ya Its become bad

And either they are taking money or the mods do not give a frag anymore , tho i think it´s more because the moderators are overworked. I think Digitaldame was the only one trying to get new mods.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

So I took care of the ad bot and removed the link, but some discussion occurred in here that I'd like to address.

@Jacanuk said:

It actually kind of is impossible. The thing that any sysadmin deals with when people talk about the spam protection is complaints about how poorly the spam protection works. What you see are the spam messages that "got through". That you don't see are the hundreds (if not thousands) of messages that are automatically removed from the board and accounts banned by our automated spam protection. GS is a very popular site and as a result it's a big target and it's constantly being hammered 24 hours a day from all over the world. The fact that (for the most part) you only see a handful of messages slip through is a testament to how well the spam protection -does- work and how much work the moderators put in.

@mrbojangles25 said:

ROFL!

Yes. The Gamespot money for moderating is pretty good but it's that extra side cash we get for allowing spam through that really puts it over the top. Gamespot payed for my last Ferrari, but it's the spambot money that paid for this pound of Osetra Black Sea Caviar I'm eating from and the last Ferrari that I ran over a cliff just to see how big a fireball it would make. All of the moderators can also afford our annual retreat to a secluded island in South America where we all participate in a hunt for that most dangerous game that only the most affluent of affluent can afford to partake in.

Loading Video...

Sorry, there's no conspiracy of moderators being paid by shadowy forces to allow links about aloe drinks to linger on the forums in exchange for massive piles of cash. The moderator team is made up of community member volunteers. We aren't paid staff. We don't have "hours". We are just expected to be active community members who volunteer a bit of their extra time to help keep the board neat and clean. We all have day jobs, families, responsibilities, etc that all have to take precedence over moderating (or posting, like anyone else). If we see something that's obviously spam we tend to nuke it (I removed a dozen yesterday alone) but sometimes it's not that obvious. There are a lot of posts on these boards and we are not omnipresent. Users like yourselves flagging content also helps, but thanks to boards like System Wars sometimes there can be a -lot- of flags to sift through.

As to the topic, I used to be a Diet Mt. Dew guy but my wife has convinced me to all but give up soda and soft drinks. It's water all the way for me.

-Byshop

Avatar image for jaysummonsdemons
Jaysummonsdemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Jaysummonsdemons
Member since 2016 • 82 Posts

Water/Coffee during the day. Then water or alcohol at night lol

OldDadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 OldDadGamer  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 3531 Posts

I don't think I've had a beverage without some chemical in it since 1995.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

LOL at the conspiracy theories. My favorite was a user who sent me a PM at 2am my time ordering me to ban someone who was talking up the games on the PS4, and then half an hour later when I hadn't done so (obviously) or even responded (obviously), he reported me to Digitaldame for failing to act, claiming I was abusing my "mod powers" to damage XBox's reputation. You folks have no idea what goes on behind the scenes - you see some crap and when it isn't immediately resolved tales start popping up about shifty back alley pay-offs or secret agendas or falling asleep at the wheel...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25

awww now you all got me feeling guilty about my comment :(

please know my smart assery is generally done in good humor and not ill will

i wouldnt keep coming here if i did not enjoy it!

*why do I feel like one of the mods saw this thread and got a kick out of it, then got all the other mods together and was like "Get a load of this tool" :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xantufrog  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: hehe, no harm done MrBo, we're just having a chuckle too

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jacanuk

@xantufrog said:

LOL at the conspiracy theories. My favorite was a user who sent me a PM at 2am my time ordering me to ban someone who was talking up the games on the PS4, and then half an hour later when I hadn't done so (obviously) or even responded (obviously), he reported me to Digitaldame for failing to act, claiming I was abusing my "mod powers" to damage XBox's reputation. You folks have no idea what goes on behind the scenes - you see some crap and when it isn't immediately resolved tales start popping up about shifty back alley pay-offs or secret agendas or falling asleep at the wheel...

Oh, don't worry i know a bit of what goes on behind the scenes, and to be fair some moderators are no better than some of the troll users ;) petty behaviour comes in all forms.

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

I usually drink water, or soda when I game.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10417 Posts
@abigailwatson said:

Aloe is an acquired taste for sure - but has many benefits (I found out more from here; https://www.foreverknowledge.info/about-aloe-vera/) but it shouldn't be the only thing you drink!

another bot slips the net! zap it mods!

to find out how YOU can make money as a mod please be sure to visit my site http://modmillionaires.com

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@xantufrog said:

Oh, don't worry i know a bit of what goes on behind the scenes, and to be fair some moderators are no better than some of the troll users ;) petty behaviour comes in all forms.

LOL you honestly gonna believe him? A Mod no less.

Edit: I am so sorry, I didn't know this thread was a month old, I just click on the thread and start reading without looking at the date :(

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xantufrog  Moderator

@davillain-: what's your problem? When have I given you cause to worry? I'm a good guy and I think you know it - or you would if you paid attention to how I interact with users on here