Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

When playing stealth em ups do you like to spill some blood, go for non lethal, or avoid confrontation all together?

Also what is your favourite stealth em up series/game?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I like to think that some of these guys are just doing their jobs, they got a family back home that depends on "cookie cutter guard number 3". So I won't kill anybody I don't have to. Thats I love hitman... Infact in hitman I don't even knock them out for their disguises..... I don't want them to get fired either. :p

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

Lulu thats an awesome way to play haha.

I hate getting discovered. Been playing MGS V Ground Zero lately on PS4 and I got bored and ended up running around seeing how long I could last just picking up bodies and throwing them at the guard, then picking up that guard and throwing him at the next and so on...

Generally though, I dont mind killing the odd guard but I dont like to take them all down as it starts to feel unrealistic. I like to be completely un-detected, I'm just not good enough to achieve it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

I LIKES BLOOD

absolute favourite was Tenchu on PS1. i also liked the early Hitmans, but i haven't played the new ones cos they seem too same-old same-old.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I always go for non lethal. My favourite stealth series is Hitman.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ariabed

@Lulu_Lulu: it's only a game, live a little lol

I guess you will be running up to the guards in watch dogs and hugging them, hacking their bank accounts and putting money in their account lol, I think I read an article that said you will be able to get background details on guards e.g wife kids etc which will make the player think twice b4 killing them, I don't know if we would see the effect on the family if we killed the guard, but it's only a game gosh darn it lol.

Saying that, the fort take overs on AC4 when you have to kill the guy to complete the fort takeover, I always think "I wish there was another way" as he begs for his life but there isn't another way you have to kill him bless him.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Haven't played many stealth games but in deus ex hr I found stealth somewhat boring/tedious so I run and gunned my way through.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu

@DAZZER7

For me one, my coolest Stealth moment was in Prototype.... Yes Prototype has Stealth ! :p

anyway, I snuck into the base (Far Cry style) and quitely killed all 30 soldiers on the inside with out being detected (the minimum requirement is usually just 3 soldiers)..... It was a Slow and Silent Masacre ! :D.

Its very unfortunate that Prototype is dead and infamous lives on.... :(

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ariabed

@thereal25: stealth requires a lot of waiting around peeking round corners waiting to make your move, I can see why some would find that boring, but I love it. It's good to have the option to go loud though.

Deus ex HR is one of my favourite games of all time.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu

@Ariabed

I did kill everybody at first.... But sometimes the guards talk... They talk about the favourite sport or bitch about their wives... It humanized them and I began to feel alil guilty. In the Absolution tutorial mission, when you finaly scale up the cliff side of the house... One of the guards was standing right by the window preventing me from pass through, but he was on his phone, judging from the side of the conversation that I could hear. He just got great news from his Urologist, probably just dodged a major STD, and couldn't wait to take his dick out for a spin when he gets off his shift.... I didn't want to take that away from him. It seemed really important to him... So I waited, he finnished his call and then he left, I got passed the window with my integrity and morals intact ! :D

best hitman game ever ! ! !

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

oooo I like Stealth games . I'm a fan of MGS , Splinter Cell , Deus Ex and Hitman . and My favorite Stealth game is Hitman Blood Money .

mostly because it requires Strategy and Thinking and my main goal is not being detected at all . If i get detected I'll load from last checkpoint .

I've beaten Deus Ex HR and Hitman Blood Money without killing anyone . ^_^

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu

@kingcrimson24

Thats an Odd achievement for a game called "Hitman"..... ;) just kidding... I know what you meant.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ariabed

@Lulu_Lulu: @kingcrimson24: haha yeh I do that with splinter cell black list, if you get spotted you have like 2 secs to take em down b4 they raise the alarm, if they raise the alarm I reset.

@LULU: your to nice. I may have to look into this HM Absolution.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Ariabed

lol. I've come a long way from Killing hookers in GTA SA. :p.... I've grown as a person.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@ariabed:

I'm glad you liked deus ex hr. I was SUPER hyped about it before it came out but somehow the game just didn't quite do it for me. Probably my bias from having played the (incredible) original.

Having said that though, I might give another run through with stealth sometime - but I just don't like how the boss encounters kind of force you to have good combat skills.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ariabed

@Lulu_Lulu: lol it's to late for you your going to video game hell lol

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I like to be stealthy and deadly and take out all guards (if the level allows it without failing) with a silenced weapons and/or hand combat. My favorite series will always be Splinter Cell. Sam Fisher is a bad ass and I love creeping through different environments taking dudes out with some of the coolest gadgets ever. Deus Ex was good about that too. I loved using my hacking powers to turn their machines against them. Nothing says win like bloodshed by their own bots!

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kingcrimson24

@Lulu_Lulu: except the targets of course :p same with Boss fights in Deus Ex HR

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@Ariabed

But I'm sorry ! ! ! :(

I guess theres no coming back from certain things..... And yet Fallout 3 lets you live down blowing up an entire town !

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#20  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Depends on the game. In games where there's an emphasis on human life (in its narrative themes) I will always try to go non lethal simply because games like that make me feel bad about killing bad guys. Plus I find that non lethal is a lot easier to cover up and makes you less likely to be caught. It's just quieter.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@kingcrimson24

I've been meaning to get around to playing. The updates in the Director's Cut really caught my Interest, particularly the stealth for bosses thing (reminded me of Fighting Mr. Freeze in Arkham City). Its the One thing Bioshock has always been missing.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ariabed

@thereal25: @jasean79: I loved hacking the turret in deus ex HR then carring that mofo around with me as long as the level permitted, I even managed to take one to the boss fight with Jaron Namir.

@Thereal25: I really didn't like the boss fights but luckily they were few and far between.

Played deus ex ps1 and invisible war xbox amazing games.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

I play based on whether it makes the game more fun. So in SC Blacklist, I found that a non-lethal, no-takedowns walkthrough was the absolute best way to play it. On the other hand, in AC4 although it is possible to get through most of the game unarmed, doing non-lethal takedowns, it just wasn't a fun way to play. Double assassinations with the hidden blade are just so satisfying, not to mention ledge takedowns and aerial assassinations.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@ariabed:

Deus ex for Ps1 and invisible war for Xbox were amazing, you said that right. I remember in invisible war with the final boss fight I kept using my invisibility shield and attacking the bosses. They could never figure out where I was coming from. Good times.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ariabed

@Lulu_Lulu: "I guess theres no coming back from certain things..... And yet Fallout 3 lets you live down blowing up an entire town !"

Yeah I'm on my third play through with F3 and I still can't bring myself to blow up megaton it just seems so wrong to do that lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lulu_Lulu

@Ariabed

Go For it !... You can get your Karma up again by giving a bum a 500 bottles of water.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#27 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ariabed said:

When playing stealth em ups do you like to spill some blood, go for non lethal, or avoid confrontation all together?

With how few stealth games there is, i always go full stealth.

There is enough brainless "i go Rambo" games out there so no reason to also ruin a game when the devs try to give you some stealth.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ariabed

@groowagon: "absolute favourite was Tenchu on PS1. i also liked the early Hitmans, but i haven't played the new ones cos they seem too same-old same-old."

Yep tenchu was a good game for its time, big open environments good stealth mechanics and sword play you really felt like a ninja. I'm thee same with Hitman last one I played was blood money. Don't even know how many there has been since that one.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

Non lethal if I can help it. Just from a role playing and efficiency perspective.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ariabed

@Lulu_Lulu: yeh my in game karma might be restored but my soul will be forever blackened :)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lulu_Lulu

@Ariabed

If you're Character's Intelligence is below 10 then you can just Plea an insanity defense

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kingcrimson24

I heard there will be a Deus Ex for next gen too ( Deus Ex Universe ? ) . lets hope the fish AI gets fixed :D

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kingcrimson24

@Lulu_Lulu: I think boss fights in Human Revolution weren't that bad . Reviewers didn't like it because they thought it takes away the choice of being stealthy . but I think those 3 Action Boss fights (won't count the ending boss ) in a 20 hour game (which I played it Stealthy all the way) were a good break and actually quite fun . I won't pay again for directors cut :p

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulu_Lulu

@kingcrimson24

Yeah... I mean that was how the game was suppose to have been in the 1st Place ! Now they want you to buy it again.

Its like Capcom and Super Streetfighter IV.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ariabed

@kingcrimson24: @Lulu_Lulu:

"If you're Character's Intelligence is below 10 then you can just Plea an insanity defense"

Lol

@Kingcrimson24: I heard there will be a Deus Ex for next gen too ( Deus Ex Universe ? ) . lets hope the fish AI gets fixed :D

YAY!!!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lulu_Lulu

Theres Fish ? :o

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ariabed

No thread I will not let you die!!!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@ariabed said:

I definitely don't kill anybody. Once in a while I try to ghost it so that I leave all the guards on patrol and just sneak by them, but that's often more trouble than it's worth, and depending on the game, aggravating. Generally, I do non-lethal takedowns - especially in games where you can interrogate them, since you get more info, and it's fun to casually walk around and explore a cleared out area for loot and subtext. I really enjoyed MGS V Ground Zeroes where you can 'hold up' everyone on the base. Takes a while, but the Intel and sense of accomplishment are worth it. While I think that the MGS games are great stealth titles, I supremely enjoyed Deus Ex Human Revolution's stealth, and despite the fact that it didn't sell well, I adored Splinter Cell Black List. Dishonored was also really solid, though not as exciting for me as similar game Deus Ex.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I try to go in stealthy, but in the end I usually end up clearing the entire area of enemies. I'm not very good at playing stealthy

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

I like the stealthy approach. Non lethal, hacking, incapacitating and other creative ways of getting to the goal. If I wanted to spill blood, there's plenty of other games that would allow me to do so. If the option is there, and it's enjoyable, stealth all the way.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ariabed

@donalbane: I'm glad someone finally mentioned dishonoured, I like it a lot the gameplay is really good the powers are cool, and it's a unique game gameplay wise. I like to be stealthy but deadly I can't help but slay everyone, I may play it through again and try keep chaos to a minimum.

I don't see the fun in just ghosting past everyone, it maybe challenging but not fun especially if you have to come back through that area and sneak past them all again. I love stealth but I like to get my hands dirty.

MGS is prob my favourite stealth series, I think their games are consistently good, when I first played MGS1 all those years ago it blew me away. Splintercel is my second favourite series though after chaos theory I left the series and only returned when blacklist came out. Yes Deus ex I played all their games it's an amazing series, I was excited for deus ex hr and it didn't disappoint, can't wait for the next one hopefully it will be set in a time when the bio mods(more advanced mods) are available.

Actually, flip that round deus ex then splintercell.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: you're far too kind. :o

I take everyone out. Unless it affects the score, like in mgs.

Despolov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Despolov
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

When it is a stealth game I try to play it like it should be played, "stealthily." I try to avoid confrontation. Maintaining contact with targets only, or even of that is avoidable, I'll avoid it. But then some stealth action games do call for you to confront the enemy. I go for non lethal in that case.

My favorite stealth series would be Splinter Cell series while my fav stealth game would be Hitman Blood Money.

Helgorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Helgorn
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

I find the non lethal way to be more challenging and rewarding, but sometimes going the bloody path while staying in the shadows makes you look like a badass, so that's fun too. Generally I tend for the first option, it's more professional :D

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lulu_Lulu

@zeroyaoi

Most people think its those choice moments like in The Walking Dead or Mass Effect that best execute moral dilemas..... but I've always believed Hitman and Bioshock 2 do it much much better. In hitman the developers had 10 seconds to humanize one of the many cookie cutter guards (or else they're just another obsacle in your way). And I just find it way more effective than the game coming to a complete halt just to give me an ultimatum.... And on top of that theres no commitment or follow through.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

No kill no alert. I am not good at it but I always try to get better. Love Metal Gear been playing since the original with the nes port, also really loved the original Thief games.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The best stealth games offer "ghost runs" or going through an entire level without anyone noticing you or you leaving any evidence of your presence (including killing someone). It's extremely rewarding to accomplish, especially in difficult games.

The first three Thief games are excellent for this.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Heres another problem with Hitman.... The difference between the methods in which you deal with targets isn't emphasized enough. Heres the Problem, when you sneak up behind a guy you can either Kill Him or Knock hiim out... But the only is like 3 seconds.... If you knock him out they never wake up again... They might aswell just be dead. Another thing is theres no blood stains when you shoot someone with a silenced pistol. Adding these lil features will go an extremely long way to making the game alot more strategic.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

My philosophy when playing stealth games is stay undetected and clean-handed and if things go wrong then do whatever it takes to contain the situation even if it means killing a guard. Favorite games are Dishonored(well.. I killed some more because I wanted revenge :P), Hitman Absolution and Deus Ex HR(when played stealthily).

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I've been playing Dishonored. I'm beginning to wonder if the title refers to the accusation against you or the person it turns you into throughout the campaign. I mean, being the empress's bodyguard and being framed for her assassination and her daughter's kidnapping can be pretty dishonoring, but then, so can performing evil deeds for not-great people in order to get the currency required to upgrade your occult abilities. Perhaps even more so.

Personally, I enjoy the challenge in killing every enemy on a given map without being spotted. Particularly when that creepy clockwork heart tells me something particularly nasty about them.