When I play Call of Duty, I can't ever seem to get the drop on anyone and kill them first.

hd_hammah_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 hd_hammah_17
Member since 2019 • 24 Posts

When I'm face to face with someone and we're both shooting at each other, he always knocks me out in 2 shots while I'm there with my assault rifle blasting the shit out of him. Or, I see someone running by from a distance and start aiming and shooting, which he runs past, and I can never see which path he takes looking at him from a distance so I run over to take a look and 2 seconds later someone snipes my ass from behind. Plus, a lot of times my aiming is one single pixel off which I'm never able to notice until it's too late. And trying to see people at a long distance is like trying to find Waldo, it's as if they blend into the map, and it's not like I have poor eyesight or anything. The only way I've ever gotten kills is coming up close to someone when they're not looking, and this is rare. My average score is in the 500-700 range, always the lowest or second-lowest on my team.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21634 Posts

Stop running in the middle of the map: play flanker instead. Learn where the hotspots of the map are and where the enemies are likely to be, and come at them from the sides. Of course with MW2019's cluttered maps that is not easy.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5242 Posts

Watch your radar. It's your besty. Well besides your rifle.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 942 Posts

I had the same problem back on the original Modern Warfare. An upgrade to my internet speed took care of that.

PartyUpLive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PartyUpLive
Member since 2016 • 37 Posts

I haven't played COD multiplayer in a long while but I use to have the same problem. Eventually I learned the hot spots on the maps.

After some practice I became good but then I stopped playing COD multiplayer. Now I would have the same problem if I were to jump on again.

WhatIfIToldYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WhatIfIToldYou
Member since 2019 • 14 Posts

Learn to dropshot, does me wonders one on one f2f, but using the flanks is my go to method. Since the amount of updates the game has had though I haven't had the issue you're mentioning (which i did previously)

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1631 Posts

Sounds like more of a connection issue than anything related to your actual skill. I'd check that first

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By watercrack445
Member since 2017 • 2116 Posts

This exactly what happens when I play red dead online. My most trusty weapon is the shotgun. I do better up close than behind.

It's probably your internet connection. Some of my killers lag that they able to kill me while cartwheeling.