When does Red Dead Redemption (original) end?

#1 Posted by playerp (24 posts) -

I did all the adventuring and returned to the family. Now I'm just doing a bunch of boring farmer tasks. When does this game end and am I supposed to somehow pick up deadly missions again?

#2 Posted by heljar (116 posts) -

@playerp: You're nearing the end. You will have to do some more farm-chores and you will eventually get to the end. Believe me, you'll know.

#3 Posted by playerp (24 posts) -

@heljar: I thought I was there when Marston was killed. But now I have taken on the role of his son and I have to do missions again. What?!

#4 Posted by npiet1 (2258 posts) -

@playerp said:

@heljar: I thought I was there when Marston was killed. But now I have taken on the role of his son and I have to do missions again. What?!

It's not much longer, The son is the character you play as when the game is over.

#5 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

Son of a gun!

#6 Posted by playerp (24 posts) -

@npiet1: It's a mission called into the sunset. I looked it up and it's an achievment thing. I'm not interested in any more silly side-missions. If I'm done the game, why doesn't it just cut to credits? And if I HAVE to earn this trophy thing, what's the fastest way? It's completely unclear what I'm supposed to do.

#7 Edited by playerp (24 posts) -

Can anyone help?

#8 Posted by heljar (116 posts) -

@playerp: You're not familiar with open-world games I gather? They never "end" like other games will do. Maybe you'll get an end-credit or something, but when that's done you're back in the game-world and can continue playing. Doing side-missions you haven't done, collect bountys, doing challenges etc. etc. Into the Sunset is an achievement/trophy you should receive after the last story-mision: "The Last Enemy that shall be destoyed". It ends with John Marston dying and end-credits. After the credits you play his son Jack. You start off at John's grave and you're back in the game-world doing whatever you please. There are no more endings and you can safely turn off the game and play something else if you want to.