When do think GTA 6 will release?

watercrack445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll: When do think GTA 6 will release? (19 votes)

2021 26%
2022 37%
2023 21%
2024 16%

...AS for me I think GTA 6 will release in 2023. Its perfect because of the anniversary of GTA 5 which released in 2013. GTA 5 was announced 1 year before the release date and RDR 2 was announced in 2016 and going to be released in 2017 but it got delayed so both games were announced 1 year before the actual release window. So, I'm thinking that they will officially announce GTA 6 in 2022. Also, according to one of the main cast member of the previous GTA 5 , said it takes Rockstar 7-8 years of development time for open-world games. So, there is ongoing rumor that Rockstar was working on GTA 6 since 2016 and in 7-8 years that leads up to 2022-2023 timeframe.

• 
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 0

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 8906 Posts

Feel bad for Rock Star, they're forced to make shinier versions of the same sandbox game for eternity by its overly committed fandom.

Once they tried creative concepts such as Bully and Manhunt; just to be brutally criticised for it.

Now they're afraid to do anything else outside what the loud masses demand. Cow Boy GTA, regular GTA. Just another day at the office I guess. .

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29225 Posts

I’m thinking 2022.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 2951 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Feel bad for Rock Star, they're forced to make shinier versions of the same sandbox game for eternity by its overly committed fandom.

Once they tried creative concepts such as Bully and Manhunt; just to be brutally criticised for it.

Now they're afraid to do anything else outside what the loud masses demand. Cow Boy GTA, regular GTA. Just another day at the office I guess. .

What?

Bully was well rated and well received, People have been asking for a sequel for years.

ulfrinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ulfrinn
Member since 2019 • 158 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

The GTA franchise is estimated to be worth about a half billion dollars. GTA V alone brought in over $1 billion in sales to the company. I don't think these people are making billions against their will.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#5 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2258 Posts

I voted 2021 but feel conflicted about it. Will see ports of GTA V on upcoming consoles in no time most likely. Maybe that’ll slow things down?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45413 Posts

Hopefully never.

*starts chanting*

New IP! New IP! New IP!

C'mon everyone, Rockstar can do better than GTA. We deserve better than GTA!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ

@npiet1 said:

What?

Bully was well rated and well received, People have been asking for a sequel for years.

You must have missed the controversy of the early 2000's. Bully was heavily criticised by vocal charities against bullying. It went viral and damaged the games chances globally. The game was even banned in places forcing Rock Star to release censored versions of the game, which in some cases got banned as well.

I would love a sequel. But due to how the first one was treated wouldn't hold my breath. It would go much better than Manhunt 2.

@ulfrinn said:

The GTA franchise is estimated to be worth about a half billion dollars. GTA V alone brought in over $1 billion in sales to the company.

I don't think that was the point I made at all. But if money factors power by your definition tell me how Game Freak known for Pokémon works on the biggest media (let alone gaming) franchise on the planet; and still gets to work on games such as Little Town Hero, Giga Wrecker Alt, and Tembo the Badass Elephant?

Answer is simple.

Rock Star don't make games like Manhunt and Bully anymore because the media and store holders turn against them. Ironically they're bullied and forced into a narrow rabbit hole if they want to make games. Vocal fandom has shown to only want those adult themes/ concepts Rock Star deliver if it's in some open world sandbox simulator. Rinse and repeat. Games like 'Agent' don't exist for good reason.

I don't think these people are making billions against their will.

That's certainly twisting my words dood.

C'mon everyone, Rockstar can do better than GTA. We deserve better than GTA!

Better isn't the word I would use. Don't particularly think Rock Star will make something of higher overall quality, because they are simply what they are. And they have pros and cons to what they develop.

I just think a developer that's willing to go into darker settings and grittier characters is wasted on just another open world gangster simulator. At this point they're flock-a-plenty. And developers benefit for being able to flex creatively.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 npiet1

@RSM-HQ said:
@npiet1 said:

What?

You must have missed the controversy of the early 2000's. Bully was heavily criticised by vocal charities against bullying. It went viral and damaged the games chances globally. The game was even banned in places forcing Rock Star to release censored versions of the game, which in some cases got banned as well.

I remember it because I really wanted it and had to convince mum to buy for me with my pocket money. Rock star doesn't really care about the controversy, neither did the average person, especially after more people played it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RSM-HQ

@npiet1: Don't know what you base that last sentence on. If you don't care? Cool, I didn't either and played it along with both Manhunt games. But you; and I was the minority. And many other controversies kept creeping up for both game franchises. That only damaged them. I think Bully is now seen as a hidden gem while Manhunt is still frowned upon.

Stating Rock Star doesn't care comes across as misleading because I recall them being very upset about both new IPs being met poor reception, and controversial backlash.

Why do you think it all ended with Manhunt 2?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 npiet1

@RSM-HQ: The last sentence rephrased: as more of the population played it, they told others how it wasn't as bad as people thought.

People against video games was nothing new, and my parents and friends parents generation (Boomer) had video games and they have all heard it before. The average citizen didn't care about the controversy. It's like most controversy now, no one really cares.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RSM-HQ

@npiet1 said:

@RSM-HQ: The last sentence rephrased: as more of the population played it, they told others how it wasn't as bad as people thought.

People against video games was nothing new, and my parents and friends parents generation (Boomer) had video games and they have all heard it before. The average citizen didn't care about the controversy. It's like most controversy now, no one really cares.

That I agree with, anyone who wanted to play Bully played it. Namely because all the controversy was also petty and extremely misleading. Not to mention 128-bit generation wasn't exactly shy of violent games. Making the bold claims against Bully seem unfounded.

Sadly Manhunt was not viewed in the same light. I recall a murder being blamed on that game, just to be ignored once it turned out to be Vice City as the game the murderer played. How ironic.

It does make me wonder if Bully would have been as big as a GTA game if it was more warmly received and not removed from stores from the get-go.

And again I respect the "no-one care" angle. But clearly quite a few people did. I don't care for them *drum-roll* but they at times can make quite the impact to damage an otherwise great game.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 npiet1

@RSM-HQ: Yeah manhunt 2 is pretty much gone. Bully can be bought from RS on all platforms. Manhunt 2 Psp digital only.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32323 Posts

I don't care when it'll release. I'd just like to see a return to Vice City.

So Miami, and preferably in the 80s. Like a historical setting could be really cool and knowing GTA, the soundtrack will be ace.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40070 Posts

This whole thing about Rockstar not doing anything else is just plain silly. Rockstars was in a different era at the time during PS2/Xbox was still a thing when things were more restricted then anything else. Manhunt is definitely in a league of it's own, Manhunt 2 almost got an "A" Adult rating and that game had to be tone down but the PC version was uncut however. Bully was the least of Rockstars problem, GTA San Andreas "Hot Coffee" was the true corporate of Rockstars facing true controversy for their lying part about PC gamers were using mods but when we found out PS2 version had the Hot Coffee code by using Gameshark or Action Replay cheat devices, that's when shit really hit the fan. Like @npiet1 said above, Rockstars don't care about controversial and 2K does give them freedom to do whatever they want but for Bully 2, it's not in Rockstars interest at this time, they want to make GTA gmaes their primary thing and Red Dead series as their second.

As for GTA6, GTAV is still selling, so it's going to be a long time till we see GTA6 and for once Rockstars, I want to see a female lead this time around, Saint Rows got it right, let me play as a female please. I'd say, 2024 is the best time for a new GTA game.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3810 Posts

2022 my guess can't wait to see what next gen GTA will look like hopefully more interiors that's one thing that GTA series lacked well all open world games to a extent. I would like to be able to go to stores and buy things for my house you could actually do that in Sleeping Dogs but I want a more detailed system.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 8821 Posts

2023 probably

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-:

GTA San Andreas "Hot Coffee" was the true corporate of Rockstars facing true controversy for their lying part about PC gamers were using mods but when we found out PS2 version had the Hot Coffee code by using Gameshark or Action Replay cheat devices, that's when shit really hit the fan

I don't know about that dood. Got any proof that 'Hot Coffee' was a backlash on the scale of Bully, let alone Manhunt.

Manhunt, a game still banned in five countries, had a lawsuit of 50 million for a suppose murder. And caused a media storm for Rock Star for years. And I'm not even mentioning Manhunt 2 yet. Geez. .

While you excuse Bully because in 2020 it is seen much better. On release much like Manhunt was being banned and had to contain censored edition after censored editions. One 'mission' removed from San Andreas didn't stop it being sold everywhere without a censored edition.

Rockstars don't care about controversial and 2K does give them freedom to do whatever they want

Evidence points against that mentality.

Hey, if they ever make something unique again? I will gladly eat my hat and concede. Till then, as I see it they clearly have bowed-out trying different ideas because all the reasons I have mentioned in the thread.

I know a lot of you are perfectly happy with how Rock Star operates now regardless, and find my words frustrating. Mine is simply a different view-point from someone who preferred the Bully and Manhunt games to the GTA and Read Dead.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40070 Posts

@RSM-HQ: The point is, when GTA San Andreas got the whole Hot Coffee fiasco, it didn't stop Rockstars continuing making GTA games did it? That was the point I was making. Again, Rockstars isn't interest making a new Bully at this time, dood.

Edit: I do have a question, is their a demand for a new Bully? All I usually hear from gamers is GTA and Red Dead series. "If" there's 1 game I want to see again from Rockstars, it's another Smugglers Run.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3599 Posts

GTA 5 remastered on ps5 Scarlett. I think probably Sept-Oct 2021 for 6.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RSM-HQ

@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: The point is, when GTA San Andreas got the whole Hot Coffee fiasco, it didn't stop Rockstars continuing making GTA games did it?

Unlike Bully and Manhunt you could say the positive outweighed the negatives. Bully and Manhunt didn't have that luxury as it, Seeing as both got taken off store shelves repeatedly and unable to be bought.

As mentioned looking now Bully is well accepted, some even want a sequel. Manhunt. . Still not. And for these reasons I don't think Rock Star will take those kind of 'risks' anymore.

do have a question, is their a demand for a new Bully? All I usually hear from gamers is GTA and Red Dead series

Sure, Bully is well liked. But not in comparison to Grand Theft Auto or Red Dead, those kind of zeitgeists cannot be surpassed. Think it as Dino Crisis fans wanting a remake from Capcom (I recall you being one of them)

It's as mentioned. I think that's one of the defining factors; mass fandom spoke against the developer trying new things. When all they want is more GTA always

Manhunt and Bully didn't survive well all that time ago, it wasn't just to shout how its offensive, but also because loud fans only want them making GTA or Cow Boy GTA.

Would personally settle for anything that's just not more of the same, but am aware I speak only for myself and at tops the minority.

Haha. Kind of the point of conflicting opinions am I right? Different people want different games and experiences.

Heck I've seen some people who want a new The Warriors game from Rock Star. Never played that game myself as was told it's based on a novel I wasn't familiar with. And assume it was created for dedicated fans in mind. Much the same reason I never played Max Payne 3; which I hear has a healthy fandom as well.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1328 Posts

Have you guys played Bully recently? I downloaded it on PS4 and it’s awful.

I think the reason they don’t make a sequel is because the original game has aged horribly and they would have no idea how a “Bully” game would work with today’s standards.

I know I can’t imagine it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RSM-HQ

@ajstyles said:

Odd argument.

Red Dead Redemption 2 doesn't exactly play very good either from what majority say.

Every Rock Star game I have played cannot mention they exactly gave me great gameplay mechanics. They hit mediocre ground on that front, and focused on the appealing factor.

Rock Star puts us in harsh cruel gaming-worlds filled with detail, that are fun to destroy/ cause mischief.

Isn't that the appeal when you think about it?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45413 Posts

I'd like to see them take a stab at a post-apocalyptic GTA. Yeah I know that's silly but I think it could be fun. GTA doesn't have enough rusty cars with guns on them.

@ajstyles said:

I think the reason they don’t make a sequel is because the original game has aged horribly and they would have no idea how a “Bully” game would work with today’s standards.

It's awful because it is 13 years old. I enjoy older games if I played them when they were released, I have that context of the era, but if you compare these old games to modern standards they are all generally awful. Especially games that try new things that might be novel and innovative at the time, but ultimately did not catch on.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#24 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3768 Posts

probably 2021, they want the sweet cash and next gen consoles will be out by that time and they'll cash in.

I'd almost say late 2020 even and they try to push it at launch on all the consoles. The game could be well finished for all we know.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 warmblur

I think it will get announced this Fall and come out for next gen a year later... but it probably will delayed at least twice.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RSM-HQ

@mrbojangles25 said:

It's awful because it is 13 years old. I enjoy older games if I played them when they were released, I have that context of the era, but if you compare these old games to modern standards they are all generally awful.

I personally don't believe this as someone who plays a lot of games older than myself. Tetris is my favorite puzzle game (and based on Tetris 99 success I'm not alone). Pac-Man sure got better with Champion DX but the core gameplay loop is largely the same. I could name so much more_

Case and point, plenty of games age exceedingly well. However it always depends how the game was praised.

If a game was well received for high-end graphics/ story/ motion controls (some other gimmick) it is best explained as "shallow entertainment". Known to dry-up and be less impressive as time passes on. Because you are still playing a game, and your basic impulses expect to play it with a level of enjoyment. Difficult to do if it's not good at that basic need to begin with.

Games that are amazing fun to play are still great even in 2020. And that's the importance of fundamentals in games, it gives them longevity.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 warmblur
@mrbojangles25 said:

I'd like to see them take a stab at a post-apocalyptic GTA. Yeah I know that's silly but I think it could be fun. GTA doesn't have enough rusty cars with guns on them.

@ajstyles said:

It's awful because it is 13 years old. I enjoy older games if I played them when they were released, I have that context of the era, but if you compare these old games to modern standards they are all generally awful. Especially games that try new things that might be novel and innovative at the time, but ultimately did not catch on.

This holds true to some games for sure but not all it all depends on the gameplay obviously some old games have wayyy better gameplay then modern titles.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RSM-HQ

@warmblur said:

This holds true to some games for sure but not all it all depends on the gameplay obviously some old games have wayyy better gameplay then modern titles.

I find it both way.

People who say 'all retro games are awful by today standards' are frankly incorrect. Suppose it depends on definition of quality but for the sake of the hobby lets say gameplay is king (over something trivial like story or graphics)

And people who assume those great retro games 'make all modern games look inferior' are also undermining the vast quantity of quality titles that has come out since they stopped paying attention.

Every generation of gaming has its masterpieces

Gaming communities such as GD needs more fans of the new and old alike.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 warmblur

@RSM-HQ said:
@warmblur said:

I find it both way.

People who say 'all retro games are awful by today standards' are frankly incorrect. Suppose it depends on definition of quality but for the sake of the hobby lets say gameplay is king (over something trivial like story or graphics)

And people who assume those great retro games 'make all modern games look inferior' are also undermining the vast quantity of quality titles that has come out since they stopped paying attention.

Every generation of gaming has its masterpieces

Gaming communities such as GD needs more fans of the new and old alike.

True

Gwynbleidd_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 112 Posts

It will release this decade. I'm sure of it.