What's your RAREST game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#251 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="FortuneInLies"]Thats a very nice collection you've got there x-2tha-z. I've got several of those myself (MGS GBC, Hitman collection, MGS subsistence, Resident Evil 4 Gamecube) but those famicon mini games really caught my attention. FortuneInLies

Yeah, the Famicom Mini games are awesome. Great packaging and very collectible. I'd like to get the whole set one day but they're quite expensive, especially if you want the display boxes to go with them that Nintendo released through Club Nintendo.

How much on average would you say a Famicon mini game would cost, and if you know, how many there are altogether?

There's 30 games. Each set of ten has its own box - 30 games, 3 boxes. The cost depends on the game. Some are really cheap and others are hard to find and more expensive. The complete sets are expensive. Check out the links for an idea of the cost.

Full Set including boxes

Single game more expensive

Single game. Bit Cheaper.

SpikeyAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 SpikeyAss
Member since 2011 • 221 Posts

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

if consoles are to be included in the list, then here are 2 two most rare that I own.

A Panasonic 3DO FZ10, as well as a Mega CD.

neither are special editions or anything , but considering neither system is exactly common (not even somewhat common like the Saturn or Dreamcast) , id wager these can be considerd rare

Darkman2007

Nice. I always wanted to try the Mega CD and 3DO. I seen in your earlier picture you have Albert Odyssey. That's one of the games I plan on getting next. How is it?

Albert Odyssey is a good RPG, but don't expect anything amazing.

I would give it a 7/10 , its good, but its not amazing, the story is decent, the battle system is very traditional too.

its basically a traditional JRPG in every sense of the word

really nice 2D visuals though and some great music.

Is it true Albert Odyssey has freezing problems? I've been thinking about picking it up lately, but a few people have been telling me it freezes very often, like once every two hours.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#253 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"] Nice. I always wanted to try the Mega CD and 3DO. I seen in your earlier picture you have Albert Odyssey. That's one of the games I plan on getting next. How is it?SpikeyAss

Albert Odyssey is a good RPG, but don't expect anything amazing.

I would give it a 7/10 , its good, but its not amazing, the story is decent, the battle system is very traditional too.

its basically a traditional JRPG in every sense of the word

really nice 2D visuals though and some great music.

Is it true Albert Odyssey has freezing problems? I've been thinking about picking it up lately, but a few people have been telling me it freezes very often, like once every two hours.

Ive never had problems like that in the game
DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#254 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Valkyrie Profile (PS)

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#255 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

-Radiant Silvergun

-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Gold Edition

-Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for PS2

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#256 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

Not sure, I don't really have any that are really that rare. Xmen Chiildren of the Atom was one of my favorite finds, which I found it at a flea market type store, for only $5 ! I guess my library of 32X games may be a little rare, then again a lot of people didn't keep any of those, so they may be floating around somewhere.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 godzillavskong

if consoles are to be included in the list, then here are 2 two most rare that I own.

neither are special editions or anything , but considering neither system is exactly common (not even somewhat common like the Saturn or Dreamcast) , id wager these can be considerd rare

Darkman2007

Nice. I have both the Genesis and the model 2 Genesis. Even though the Model 2 fits better on my Sega CD side mounted attachment, I prefer the initial launch Genesis hooked up with it. It just seems like a better build quality, not to mention you can hook up the head phone jack to your reciever and have stereo sound, vs the mono sound. My jaguar and T16 are a little rare, but I still want to grab one of those 3DO's ! I remember a friend of mine having one when we were kids, and I thought Need for Speed looked so awesome! If I do get a 3DO I will have to get NFS for sure! What are the best games for the 3DO?

datsrcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 datsrcool
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Im not so sure about rare, but i have gc component cable(rare in US),OoT collectors edition, nes top loader modded with rca output and red power light,

chrono trigger, ff2,ff3 and mario all stars with mario world for snes. Also got cib conkers bfd. also all ff on ps1 cib. Not all are rare but are not cheap to come by.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

godzillavskong

Nice. I have both the Genesis and the model 2 Genesis. Even though the Model 2 fits better on my Sega CD side mounted attachment, I prefer the initial launch Genesis hooked up with it. It just seems like a better build quality, not to mention you can hook up the head phone jack to your reciever and have stereo sound, vs the mono sound. My jaguar and T16 are a little rare, but I still want to grab one of those 3DO's ! I remember a friend of mine having one when we were kids, and I thought Need for Speed looked so awesome! If I do get a 3DO I will have to get NFS for sure! What are the best games for the 3DO?

the model 2 Mega Drive does have stereo , just out of the AV port, so its actually better (though some rearly model1s have better sound due to internal circuitry.

as for best 3DO games, I really only own a few games but I like Need For Speed, Road Rash , Flashback , Killing Time, Star Fighter, Gex and Star Control 2

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 godzillavskong

[QUOTE="godzillavskong"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

Darkman2007

the model 2 Mega Drive does have stereo , just out of the AV port, so its actually better (though some rearly model1s have better sound due to internal circuitry.

as for best 3DO games, I really only own a few games but I like Need For Speed, Road Rash , Flashback , Killing Time, Star Fighter, Gex and Star Control 2

Oh, I thought the model 2 Genesis only came with the video cable and the white audio cord, therefore only producing mono sound? Well, didn't know that, so then I guess the only reason I would prefer my model 1 is because it looks so damn sexy!! :)
Avatar image for evo4x4hardcore8
evo4x4hardcore8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#261 evo4x4hardcore8
Member since 2010 • 320 Posts

Legend of Zelda- Wind Waker/ Ocarina of Time/ Master Quest.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

just got in the mail l.o.l lack of love for the dreamcast, one of the rarest games I think

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="godzillavskong"]Nice. I have both the Genesis and the model 2 Genesis. Even though the Model 2 fits better on my Sega CD side mounted attachment, I prefer the initial launch Genesis hooked up with it. It just seems like a better build quality, not to mention you can hook up the head phone jack to your reciever and have stereo sound, vs the mono sound. My jaguar and T16 are a little rare, but I still want to grab one of those 3DO's ! I remember a friend of mine having one when we were kids, and I thought Need for Speed looked so awesome! If I do get a 3DO I will have to get NFS for sure! What are the best games for the 3DO?

godzillavskong

Oh, I thought the model 2 Genesis only came with the video cable and the white audio cord, therefore only producing mono sound? Well, didn't know that, so then I guess the only reason I would prefer my model 1 is because it looks so damn sexy!! :)

no , the model 2 does produce stereo, just through the AV cable, though that does mean its a bit harder to connect it directly to a stereo system unless you get splitter cables. though personally for my older games, I connected my TV to my computer speakers, which aren't amazing , but its much better than just through this TV. Model 1 looks nice , youre right there, though the model 2 doesn't look bad (even with the PAL versions having red buttons :P ) though really I can't think of any system I own that looks ugly as such.
Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#264 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

I'm guessing it would be...

Sonic Adventure (Limited Edition)(DC) - The rental-only release distributed prior to launch.

A bunch of GBA games rare due to condition...

Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls (Sealed)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (Sealed)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (Sealed)
Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age (Sealed)
Fire Emblem (Sealed)
Advance Wars (Sealed)

My little collection of Treasure Games...(All complete except McDonald's Treasureland Adventure)

Ikaruga (GC), Bangai-o (DC), Guardian Heroes (SAT), Advanced Guardian Heroes (GBA), Gunstar Heroes (GEN), Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Astro-Boy: Omega Factor (GBA), Dynamite Headdy (GEN), McDonald's Treasureland Adventure (GEN), Warioworld (GC), Silhouette Mirage (SAT Import), Mischief Makers (N64), Stretch Panic (PS2), Light Crusader (GEN), Silpheed: The Lost Planet (PS2), Gradius V (PS2), and Bleach: The Blade of Fate (DS), Sin & Punishment (N64 Import)

Some others...
Cubivore (GC)(Sealed)
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves (DC)(Sealed)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne with an unused Official Guide and Soundtrack (PS2)
Spikeout: Battle Street, Dead or Alive Ultimate, and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (XB)(Cheap, but rare)
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (PS2), Ico,
Bio Motor Unitron (NGPC)(Complete)
Ogre Battle 64 (N64)(Complete, Mint)
LoZ: Collector's & LoZ: OoTMQ (GC)
Dragon Force (US SAT)
Shining the Holy Ark (US SAT)
Nights (New In Box w3D Controller)(SAT)
Worldwide Soccer 98 (SAT)(Rare, but Cheap)
Raiden Trad (GEN)
Revenge of Drancon (GG)
Crystal Warriors (GG)
Herzog Zwei (GEN, Complete)
Chrono Trigger (SNES),Super Mario RPG (SNES), Lufia 2 (SNES) and a bunch of non-rare games that cost too much anyways.
Dragon Warrior IV (NES)
Bandit Kings of Ancient China (NES)
Aladdin Deck Enhancer (Sealed)(NES)
Linus Spacehead, Quattro Adv., Quattro Sports, Big Nose Freaks...,etc. (All Aladdin versions, All New)(NES)
Wonderswan Color Handheld Final Fantasy Edition (New)
Raystorm (PS1)(Cheap, but apparently rare)

Rarest among users on this Site, excepting perhaps a few games GS doesn't have in their database...

Quo Vadis II (Import SAT), which has 1 owner.Next is Shadows of the Tusk, another SAT import, which is owned by 2 GS users.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#265 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ok from what i seen on ebay as far as prices

1 ogre battle-this one it varies in price you can get it for 12.50 , no box /manual , but also the same condition other people are charging 30 plus , and a box copy is 125.00

2 final fantasy viii-hmm this one is so rare i cant find a us copy on ebay --- some that are only having disc 2 -- 25 bucks for just disc 2 japan import for 50 , so im assuming its rare and probably also heck expensive

3 top gear 3000 49.99 well the used ones dropped 17bucks their down to32.99 nowbut heres the new 219,00 un opened i only paid 3.18 for no box

4 mario is missing-i just got that one lucky lol , other wise id be paying a butload on ebay-20 bucks , used , for nes version , 8,88 for snes 21 for pc ,

5 micromachines 64-24 99 used , --on ebay , last time i checked

the nes one goes for the most though -it c osts even more then n64 one so ya

6- zelda ocarina of time master quest--8585 bucks f0r the gc master quest not the 3ds one , that don t count, lol thatj ust came out but the gc one -as it was only a preorder bonus for windwaker -but im sure it dont cost alot , as its 10 on the vc 40 on the 3ds

7 super castle vania iv??? did not price check well used is cheap -13 bucks but new 319.00

8 gradius 3 its quite expensive for a snes but not jaw droping as top gear or scviv -25 bucks will get you a used one ,

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

Not really rare, but as for the rarest that exceeds in my collection:

ICO
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Gold Cartridge
Legend of Zelda Collection (GC)
F-zero X OST (Not game, but very rare)

I fail.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Darkman2007

ICO

I fail.

enz2

you didn't fail as far as Im concerned because I own none of these , though I did borrow the Zelda collection from a friend once

Pegalamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Pegalamp
Member since 2011 • 600 Posts

[QUOTE="enz2"]

ICO

I fail.

Darkman2007

you didn't fail as far as Im concerned because I own none of these , though I did borrow the Zelda collection from a friend once

It it Rare or Scary that I have a CDi with about half the library including the Zelda games?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="enz2"]

ICO

I fail.

Pegalamp

It it Rare or Scary that I have a CDi with about half the library including the Zelda games?

id say Rare, if you don't like them , why not sell them? they could be worth quite a bit of money, which you could use for games you like/want

Pegalamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Pegalamp
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="Pegalamp"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

id say Rare, if you don't like them , why not sell them? they could be worth quite a bit of money, which you could use for games you like/want

B-But Wand of Gamalion, and Dragons Lair were teh best games of that genra- who am I kidding.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Pegalamp"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="Pegalamp"] It it Rare or Scary that I have a CDi with about half the library including the Zelda games?

B-But Wand of Gamalion, and Dragons Lair were teh best games of that genra- who am I kidding.

off to Ebay then :P apparently they go for quite a bit.
Pegalamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Pegalamp

Darkman2007

I might sell the games, but the console is fine. Plus, where else can i play Mutant Rampage. It's like the only of 3 good games on the system. However, I will probably be the only non-biased fan to say Link: The Faces of Evil was a decent game. Call me crazy if you want, it was decent.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Pegalamp"] B-But Wand of Gamalion, and Dragons Lair were teh best games of that genra- who am I kidding.Pegalamp

I might sell the games, but the console is fine. Plus, where else can i play Mutant Rampage. It's like the only of 3 good games on the system. However, I will probably be the only non-biased fan to say Link: The Faces of Evil was a decent game. Call me crazy if you want, it was decent.

well I wonder how many people got their opinion of the game by watching the AVGN, seems like some people take him more seriously than others
Pegalamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 Pegalamp
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Pegalamp"]

off to Ebay then :P apparently they go for quite a bit.Darkman2007

well I wonder how many people got their opinion of the game by watching the AVGN, seems like some people take him more seriously than others

Because 1 person is always correct...
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 bultje112

Darkman2007

fortunately not in the netherlands. I own 3 cdi's different versions, including 450 in box, that cost me 20 euros max. I also recently bought some games that are very good like lost eden, 7th guest, micro machines and I'm trying to get burn cycle for sure. is game I would definetely love. also I bought merlins apprentice which is supposed to be very good. will soon be able to play it

The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#277 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts

I would have to either be my copy of The Legend of Dragoon(PS1), Mega Man X(SNES) or LoZ:MM (N64)

SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 SteamedBennet
Member since 2011 • 534 Posts

Final Fantasy VIII Limited Edition (PAL), with all the t-shirt, stickers and memory card still in there packaging.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#279 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I don't have anything that spectacular. But here are some of my more rare games:

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
  • Marvel Super-Heroes (PS1)
  • Marvel Super-Heroes: War of the Gems (SNES)
  • Mega Man: Legends (PS1)
  • Resident Evil 2: Dual-Shock Edition (This particular version is the more sought after one)
  • Splatterhouse (TurboGrafx-16)
  • TurboGrafx-16 Console
  • Neo Geo Pocket Color Handheld
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Shenmue_Jehuty

Here are mine:

-Radiant Silvergun (Saturn)

-MUSHA (genesis)

-Valkyrie Profile (PS)

-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (PS2)

-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2- Special Edition (PS2)

-Growlanser Generations Deluxe Edition

-The Orange Box (PS3)

-Ikaruga (GC)

-Zelda OoT Limited Edition (N64)

-Ogre Battle 64 (N64)

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I suck when it comes to these... Uhm...

Also making this list in terms of living in Europe, some PAL games are rarer than NTSC

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes :?

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X (GameCube)

The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition

Tetris (NES) Boxed with the manual and that black sleeve....? Dunno if that's rare :?

Game and Watch Collection (DS) from Club Nintendo? xD

Xbox 360 (correct me if these aren't rare, I don't really know what's rare anymore):

- Afro Samurai
- Deadly Premonition
- Dodonpachi: Ressurection
- Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
- Tale sof Vesperia

PS3:

Tales of Graces F: Limited Edition (Assuming because it was out of stock on the same day it was released in the UK)

Yeah.....pretty much nothing I listed is rare I'm guessing :P

luckykoopsie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 luckykoopsie
Member since 2012 • 345 Posts

mine's probably Mega Man X 3 on super nintendo.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#283 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

luckykoopsie

Why is this and some of the other games in the main and X series still holding their value today? I would think with the releases of Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man X Collection, and the various releases between Wii Virtual Console and Playstation Network that the value of these would start dropping. But they haven't.

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
I just learned that my Panzer Dragon Saga game for the Sega Saturn is rare today thanks to X Play :lol: I didn't even know
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="luckykoopsie"]

Emerald_Warrior

Why is this and some of the other games in the main and X series still holding their value today? I would think with the releases of Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man X Collection, and the various releases between Wii Virtual Console and Playstation Network that the value of these would start dropping. But they haven't.

I've pondered upon this myself and I can't figure it out either. Usually when a game gets the re-release treatment on a compelation or on XBLA it drops in price, at least a little bit. My guess is that it's the collectors that are keeping it so high; they want the actually SNES cart and not a digital version (even though it's mostly identical) on a differen console. Because of this, the SNES has just been impossible to collect for, especially with the rarer/valuable games.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Shenmue_Jehuty

[QUOTE="luckykoopsie"]

Emerald_Warrior

I've pondered upon this myself and I can't figure it out either. Usually when a game gets the re-release treatment on a compelation or on XBLA it drops in price, at least a little bit. My guess is that it's the collectors that are keeping it so high; they want the actually SNES cart and not a digital version (even though it's mostly identical) on a differen console. Because of this, the SNES has just been impossible to collect for, especially with the rarer/valuable games.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#287 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

ZOjXx.jpg

Only 10,000 copies sold from what I understand, but it isn't worth the time I took to take the picture.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 bultje112

I just learned that my Panzer Dragon Saga game for the Sega Saturn is rare today thanks to X Play :lol: I didn't even knowTrainerCeleste

you have saga and never knew it was rare, or better said: expensive?

awesome game right? I once sold it for money but bought it back because I missed it so much

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 bultje112

btw are we posting here rare games or expensive games? most games posted here are just expensive, but not rare. rare is in that very few copies of it exist.