What's your most "well-loved" game in Assassin's Creed Series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

amokachisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll What's your most "well-loved" game in Assassin's Creed Series? (39 votes)

Assassin's Creed I (2007) 8%
Assassin's Creed II (2009) 31%
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2010) 18%
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (2011) 10%
Assassin's Creed III (2012) 13%
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013) 28%
Assassin's Creed Rogue (2014) 3%
Assassin's Creed Unity (2014) 10%
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (2015) 8%
Assassin's Creed Origins (2017) 8%

• 
killingjoke94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 killingjoke94
Member since 2017 • 26 Posts

It feels like yesterday this game first came out. Can't believe how many there are now looking at that list!

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I would say Revelations. It had a great city, characters and story and felt like an end to an era. Though I have only played AC2, Brotherhood ,Revelations and AC3.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

None meh

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#4 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

I feel like I am naturally moving towards the Ezio trilogy because of how huge an improvement Assassins 2 was over the original. However, Syndicate was a pretty enjoyable game (minus the random bugs). Assassins 1 and Unity were pretty bad. Lets hope Origins ends up being awesome.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56308 Posts

I'll go with Assassin's Creed 2 felt like it had more going for but however, I enjoy Black Flag even more so and I'll vote for Black Flag on this one and Black Flag was the last time I played any AC games afterwords. Seeing Origin, I'm actually coming back to AC since my hiatus from Black Flag.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#6 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

I despise this series for the most part with the exception of Black Flag where I have almost 100% game completion.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9414 Posts

I tried the first two and they were too boring. Couldn't get more that ~10 hours into either.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#8 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Although I loved Black Flag, I'd have to give the nod to Brotherhood. It took an already incredibly improved sequel and just added to it.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

I tried the first two and they were too boring. Couldn't get more that ~10 hours into either.

Same. I tried to play one of the earlier AC's on Xbox and I just wasn't feeling it. I gave it a real shot too because I played it for a few weeks. Overall I feel it's just not my thing

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

Black Flag. It had good story, Great characters (Edward is the best AC protagonist IMO), had so much veraity in gameplay. From naval battels to hunting jaguars to decent battle system (not the best in AC, that goes to Brotherhood and Revelations). The world was huge and beautifull. I can't wait for Orgins to explore Egypt.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58450 Posts

The Ezio series is probably my favorite, best combination of story, gameplay, and setting.

But recently I really enjoyed the dual-character setup of Syndicate; the brother and sister combination of Jacob and Evie was really fun, and they played differently enough to make it unique.

I also enjoyed Unity; the French revolution made for an incredible setting, and I liked the focus on a variety of weapons this time around. It played differently than other AC games in the series, and it was refreshing.

Honorable mention: the AC: Chronicles games, specifically the China one, was pretty damn fun.

@valgaav_219 said:
@pyro1245 said:

Same. I tried to play one of the earlier AC's on Xbox and I just wasn't feeling it. I gave it a real shot too because I played it for a few weeks. Overall I feel it's just not my thing

It's unfortunate, but the earlier AC games have not aged well. At all. I think if you played them when they came out you can appreciate them (that's the case with me, at least) but even then, going back and replaying the original and even my beloved AC2/Brotherhood is a chore because of the cumbersome mechanics and relatively boring combat and gameplay, at least by today's standards.

They're still good games that take place in amazing historic locations with tons of rich lore and history and characters, but yeah...they can be a bit boring to play.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22402 Posts

Easily Black Flag... love that game.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I'll go with AC2. It's the first AC I played, and it blew me away. At that time it was the best game of it's genre.

And I still love it. I tend to replay AC2 once per year.

I do love the other games too. AC3 especially for it's gorgeous game world, and AC Unity for its eye for detail. AC1 is very good too, although very repetitive...

DarkTower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarkTower
Member since 2017 • 201 Posts

I don't know why everyone likes black flag so much, you have to be really into ships to get enjoyment from it, otherwise it's just a weird pirate game with a lackluster assasin story. Not really a fan of any of them, maybe 2 just for the story, still clunky as heck

TTLockerroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TTLockerroom
Member since 2017 • 21 Posts

Assassin's creed 2 + expansions: the storyline, ezio and just the universe in general

Assassin's creed 4: best gameplay

Assassin's creed unity : Elise is hot as ****

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 henrythefifth

I did enjoy black flag a lot. it did require excessive amount of grinding to build up the ship for the toughest missions but still, lots of fun. And it's really the only good pirate simulation on the market.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

Loved Black Flag

ChrisAnetkaC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 346

#18 ChrisAnetkaC
Member since 2004 • 726 Posts

@darktower: I think your avatar pretty much explains why you wouldn't like "Black Flag". You have the wrong idea - one doesn't have to be into dragons to enjoy "The Game of Thrones".

And for the record, yes, it's "Black Flag" +1.

Alexander4552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Alexander4552
Member since 2012 • 147 Posts

Black flag was the best because it made the obnoxious "open world sandbox" tolerable

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By henrythefifth

I'd say the homestead missions were the best thing in AC3.

-it was nice to help common people find a place to call their home.

As for the Peg leg challenges, I've always disliked timed missions... Mind you, there were lots of similar 'timed parkour' missions in AC Unity; the rift runs, the balloon chase in the end and so on. And AC Syndicate had few too.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#22 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I really enjoyed Syndicate plus been wanting an Assassin's Creed game set in the 1800's since the first game

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

I enjoyed most of the AC games, but I went with Unity. I had the advantage of playing the game several months after release so most of the bugs were fixed by then. But the real reason is Unity had by far the best story. I liked the story in most of the other AC games, but I grew tired of all the plot holes and cliffhanger endings.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10514 Posts

black flag is my favourite but overall i struggled to get into the series. i started to replay black flag not long ago but had forgot how little of the game you really control. move in a direction holding a button down and you'll climb, run and jump on and across any scenery you encounter. it's often frustrating and tricky to be precise. and combat's not much more than a wait-for-a-prompt-then-mash-a-button type pattern. naval combat is fun though

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#25 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Black Flag for me.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By henrythefifth

Unity and Syndicate were very short, though, when compared to the older games. AC3&4, for example, take ages to beat, but Unity can be finished in a weekend if you ignore the side missions.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I really liked Unity. The artwork was amazing, good storyline and I learned a lot about the French Revolution. Black Flag had a good story but I got bored of the naval thing. I remember instead of fighting ship battles, I used to just park my ship nearby and swim to them, climb aboard and take them out one by one, always retreating to the side walls of the ship because the A.i was stupid. However the game had way too much grinding...I hate grinding.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I liked the first one for it's time. I played the second one and the environment was boring. The game just felt dull. I like the look of origins it looks like they put some effort into it. I might pick it up after it comes out and I see more.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

I played all the series assassin creed assassin creed 2 assassin creed 3 are the best games for me

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 henrythefifth

In AC4 you do not actually need to board enemy ships to get their cargo. Just sink them, and pick the cargo up as it floats to surface!

-that revelation (pun intented!) really made AC4 lot faster to grind. Sure, you do not get quite as much cargo with that, but time saved more than makes up the difference in loot.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#31  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Ac up until Brotherhood was good, Desmond and Ezio is probably the best written characters in any franchise.

The rest is just poor imitations.