What’s your favourite superhero based game so far?

#1 Posted by Speeny (654 posts) -

I’m still an avid fan of the Spider-Man games. (Spider-Man 2 to be exact.) Which I know a lot of people will mention that one.

But, I think overall I really enjoyed the Arkham games most recently. Arkham Knight especially.

I grew up playing Batman Vegeance back in the day too. I’d love to see them create another Batman The Animated Series styled game. But it’s highly unlikely.

#2 Posted by warmblur (1123 posts) -

Arkham City although Origins is a close second.

#3 Posted by RSM-HQ (7513 posts) -

If I only selected a game I beat probably Crackdown, but I don't consider it a very good game, more of a guilty coop pleasure. Otherwise would pick Gravity Daze if I ever finished it.

Own the sequel of Gravity too but due to how movement and the perceptive changes constantly, I could only play them in short bursts. And in the end gave up. Otherwise it would cause nausea and vomiting. And that's no way to enjoy a hobby_

Worth noting though I don't play many games in which has playable super heroes throwing cars to stop thugs stealing from an old lady.

#4 Posted by heljar75 (75 posts) -

Batman Arkaham series for sure. Arkham City as the favorite. Arkham Knight was fun, but I didn't enjoy all the repetitive tank battles.

A good second favorite is Spider-Man:Shattered Dimensions. The varying gameplay-mechanics for each Spider-Man was really fun.

#5 Posted by Johndmgs (316 posts) -

Spiderman 2 on the PS2 was always fun to mess around in. Batman Begins is one I remember enjoying too.

#6 Posted by DoroG1995 (2344 posts) -

Spider-Man 2000 by Neversoft(The developers of Tony Hawk) is my favorite one.

#7 Posted by Johndmgs (316 posts) -

@dorog1995 said:

Spider-Man 2000 by Neversoft(The developers of Tony Hawk) is my favorite one.

That game was what introduced me to Marvel. One of my favourites on the PS1. I loved how they got Stan Lee to do the narration.

#8 Posted by VFighter (4043 posts) -

Marvel vs Capcom 3, Batman (nes), Arkham City.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#9 Edited by storm_of_swords (2495 posts) -

Do the Ninja Turtles count as superheroes? If so, then definitely the Ninja Turtles games from the early 90s with Turtles in Time being #1.

If not, then I guess I would have to go with the first Spider-Man (2000) game on the PS1. Other than that, there hasn't really been any other superhero games that I have enjoyed.

#10 Posted by DDMA200 (6 posts) -

Batman Arkham series or Spiderman 2

#12 Edited by Gamerno6666 (6278 posts) -

Arkham City.

#13 Edited by Speeny (654 posts) -

@johndmgs: Doc Oc in the carnage form scared the heck out of me too.

#14 Posted by Robbie23 (114 posts) -

Superman 64

#15 Posted by Speeny (654 posts) -

@robbie23: I can’t say I can agree with you. LOL

#16 Edited by SamuelGarret1 (1 posts) -

Probably Torque from The Suffering :p

#17 Edited by Sonic_Xcalibur (1 posts) -

DC Universe online it lets you be whatever you want to be. But for super hero in general batman lots of mysteries to solve.

#18 Posted by Speeny (654 posts) -

@sonic_xcalibur: Awesome. Welcome!

Avatar image for spacemanspiff94
#19 Posted by spacemanspiff94 (24 posts) -

Arkham Asylum and Ultimate Alliance 2. Haven't played Ultimate Alliance since my PS2 but I have really great memories of it.

#20 Posted by Sevenizz (2245 posts) -

I’m not a fan of superheroes, but I recall an X-Men game I liked for the Ngage.

#21 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5143 posts) -

None. I see enough of superheroes in movies - I don’t need them in my games too.

#22 Edited by Crimsonllama (252 posts) -

Arkham Knight. Tank battles eventually got repetitive, but in the earlier games, the combat is what got stale really fast. AK perfected that portion of the game. Plus Gotham was amazing. The entire series was great. Super disappointed that Rocksteady said the Superman game isn't happening.

Also, DC Universe Online is pretty fun. The combat is a atrocious, but apparently that's a thing with MMO's. I tried ESO and it was pretty bad mechanically when compared to Skyrim. It's just fun to explore and go through the story with friends.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff94
#23 Posted by spacemanspiff94 (24 posts) -

@speeny: lol even if it's a joke (which I assume it is) Superman 64 had a grossly underrated mulitplayer mode that I played a considerable amount of.

#24 Posted by Gwynbleidd_91 (70 posts) -

Spiderman (PS1)

Ultimate Spiderman

Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City

#25 Posted by DaVillain- (33055 posts) -

In this order, my top 10 favorite comic book superhero games are:

1. Batman: Arkham City
  2. Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)
  3. Spider-Man 2
  4. Batman Vengeance
  5. Superman Returns
  6. Infamous (it's actually a superhero comic)
  7. Injustice 2
  8. Spawn: Armageddon
  9. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  10. Batman: Arkham Knight

My favorite superhero games are both Batman: Arkham City & Marvel's Spider-Man.

#26 Posted by Vaidream45 (1445 posts) -

Arkham City easily for me. Though I haven’t played the new Spidey game yet and it looks like a lot of fun. I’ll probably still prefer Batman as he is my fav comic book hero.

#27 Posted by VFighter (4043 posts) -

@davillain-: Not a bad list but Spawn Armageddon is complete trash. I've always wanted a good Spawn game but that decently wasn't it.

#28 Edited by DaVillain- (33055 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@davillain-: Not a bad list but Spawn Armageddon is complete trash. I've always wanted a good Spawn game but that decently wasn't it.

I like Spawn, but sadly however, Spawn Armageddon is the closes good Spawn game as they come, but yeah, the game is garbage but I like the character enough to be in my top 10 superhero games.

#29 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17956 posts) -

The only good ones as far as I'm concerned are the Arkham trilogy... and I'd probably rank them:

1. Arkham Asylum
  2. Arkham City
  3. Arkham Knight
#30 Posted by kingoftheapes (22 posts) -

Batman: Arkham City

#31 Posted by Bumblebee1138 (229 posts) -

Arkham City and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. Latter is so underrated and not enough people talk about it.