whats your favorites xbox game and why or your worst xbox game and why

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gangstafc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gangstafc
Member since 2009 • 228 Posts

which is your fave game for xbox or the worst game you ever played on the xbox

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#2 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts

oh, tough choice here.
If I had to choose just one, I'd say Pirates, because of the nostalgia factor on the C64. And it's a great adaptation on it's own.

the worst? Probably NFL Street. I enjoyed the over the top feel of Street games, but that was ridiculous. Money not well spent.

Backlash24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Backlash24
Member since 2010 • 3674 Posts

oh, tough choice here.
If I had to choose just one, I'd say Pirates, because of the nostalgia factor on the C64. And it's a adaptation on it's own.
the worst? Probably NFL Street. I enjoyed the over the top feel of Street games, but that was ridiculous. Money not well spent.

Daavpuke

I actually rather enjoyed NFL Street ... Oh well -- I don't know what my m

SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#4 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

I liked NFL Street, I thought it was a fun little game. Best game for the xbox though, imo had to be KOTOR. Amazing story telling and one of the greatest RPGs period.

Backlash24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Backlash24
Member since 2010 • 3674 Posts

I liked NFL Street, I thought it was a fun little game. Best game for the xbox though, imo had to be KOTOR. Amazing story telling and one of the greatest RPGs period.

SSBMFighter
Never played it Xbox -- Star wars games have always been played on pc for me ...
fredness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 fredness
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts

Favorites:

Red Dead Revolver-It was a fun and whacky take on those old spagghetti westerns and the sound effects were great.

and Brothers in Arms:Road to Hill 30-Besides a fun campaign, me and my friends played the hell out of the splitscreen multiplayer.

Worst:

One of the Cabela hunting games(forgot the title)-This game was broken. Everything about it was s***.

Goobberzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Goobberzz
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Daavpuke

SSBMFighter
Perhaps it'll help to know I'm not american. And Kotor and all Bioware games would be in shared second here too. Jade Empire was awesome. It's the reason I bought an Xbox a month before the 360 release.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
SO many great xbox games. If I had to choose one, I'd probably pick Splinter Cell Chaos Theory or Halo 1. Worst xbox game I played must have been Bruce Lee or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (what a waste of a great license :( )
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
Favorite: Without a doubt: Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition. This game, for me, put RPGs on an entirely new level. I had never played anything so massive, so immersive, so open-ended, so personalized as Morrowind up until that point. Simply amazing. I did really, really like the Halos like most XBox fans, but Morrowind was better for me. Worst: Any sports game. Other than wrestling games and the occasional racing game, I just don't like or play sports games. I don't watch sports either, so that could have a lot to do with it. As for a game in a genre I actually like, hmmm, I just can't think of one that stands out as horribly bad. I've played plenty of run-of-the-mill, average games on the XBox, but none that were just downright stinkers.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Favorite game : Ninja Gaiden

Worst - I don't waste my money on crappy games.

MoldySasquatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MoldySasquatch
Member since 2007 • 604 Posts

best - halo/halo 2 :)

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
KOTOR ! I don't have aa least fav.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#14 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

My favourite probably was Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, although Conker: Live & Reloaded and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were great as well.

My least favourite was Top Spin, a tennis game. I got it pretty much by accident (so I luckily didn't spend any money on it), but it was just mind-numbingly boring. I'll have Mario Tennis over this any day of the weak.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Daavpuke

My least favourite was Top Spin, a tennis game. I got it pretty much by accident (so I luckily didn't spend any money on it), but it was just mind-numbingly boring. I'll have Mario Tennis over this any day of the weak.

DraugenCP

I thought Top Spin was gameplay gold. More challenge than most tennis games and nice realistic play. I can understand one downside of it: Once you start, you couldn't save for a long long time, so it wasn't a game you could just pick up and hit for a few minutes. A serious downside to any sports game that should revolve around quick action.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts

Well that would have to be Knights of the Old Republic, as a Star Wars and RPG fan the game was pure nirvana.

The worst would be NARC, it is the absolute worst game that I have ever played on any system.

gangstafc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gangstafc
Member since 2009 • 228 Posts

My favourite probably was Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, although Conker: Live & Reloaded and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were great as well.

DraugenCP

both oddworld games for xbox was my favourite and freedom fighter and splinter cell game that I played was good and indigo prophecy was another fun game and jade empire but the worst game I ever played was mace griffin bounty hunter it was good but it was boring and plus the story was not good. also that conker game was good but when I played it was a demo on the jade empire cd

Photobucket

digi-demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 digi-demon
Member since 2010 • 803 Posts
Ninja Gaiden / Outrun 2 IMO are joint best & Gungriffon Blaze is defintely the worst Xbox 1 game
digi-demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 digi-demon
KOTOR is not IMO the best Xbox game - it was a technical mess.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

best graphics:conkers bad fur day

best overall: gta san andreas

worst graphically true crime la

worst overall: nascar because of the fact that its not as good as european races and lemans

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts

Probably Knights of the Old Republic. I rented it so many times I could have bought 2 copies at full price, and beat it multiple times before I ever got the game. It's not my favorite game ever, but at the time I was playing it, it was the one I have ever been most obsessed with.

Avatar image for strategik_basic
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 strategik_basic
Member since 2002 • 364 Posts

Faves are Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR I, and KOTOR II

Worst is Morrowind

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

Favorite Xbox game was probably Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory because I love stealth games, It was probably the best one out of all of themand Spys Vs. Mercs was awesome. I really can't give my worst because I didn't really own many games for the original Xbox.

FullMetalRoze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 FullMetalRoze
Member since 2010 • 169 Posts

Hmm, best game for the orginal xbox would have to be Gun. It was just fun :)

digi-demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 digi-demon

Yep, True Crime LA is rubbish - totally forgettable - like I did earlier - only reason I can recall it is probably because it is worst 99p I've ever spent - bought new sealed in clearance sale in GAME about 2yrs ago - LOL.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Samarai Warriorsa rush job of a launch title for theXbox is the worst I've ever played. A 2D bland fighting game. That looked would have run on a Snes using the super FX chip

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Worst is Morrowindstrategik_basic
You did not just say that. :shock: I've put hundreds of hours into Morrowind.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#28 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

Favorite, while not exclusive, would be SW Battlefront 2. I really liked the Jedi v. Sith mode (great multiplayer fun), as well as building up and earning the little in-game "achievements", like getting so many kills as a Sniper, or destroying so many enemy vehicles as a destroyer (guy with bazooka)

strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 strategik_basic

[QUOTE="strategik_basic"]Worst is Morrowindmuthsera666

It's the worst XBOX game I own. It just didn't tickle my fancy.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Daavpuke
Too slow for your test? Too open ended? I can see it wouldn't appeal to any audience, but to be an awful game, that's fairly baffling.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="strategik_basic"]Worst is Morrowindstrategik_basic

I would hope that you don't have many Xbox games, then.
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 strategik_basic

[QUOTE="strategik_basic"][QUOTE="muthsera666"] You did not just say that. :shock: I've put hundreds of hours into Morrowind.muthsera666

I have about 12 - 15, so no not many in the grand scheme of things. Remember, I am not bashing, just claiming what I think as my worst XBOX game. If you like it I will not think of you as awkward like an albino, balding midget with a deep voice. It's just preference.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

Favorite games: Ninja Gaiden Black and KOTOR. I love NGB's difficulty and KOTOR replayability.

Worst games: I dont play bad games

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="strategik_basic"]It's the worst XBOX game I own. It just didn't tickle my fancy.strategik_basic

I have about 12 - 15, so no not many in the grand scheme of things. Remember, I am not bashing, just claiming what I think as my worst XBOX game. If you like it I will not think of you as awkward like an albino, balding midget with a deep voice. It's just preference.

That's the reason why I asked how many games you had. I can understand with that few games why you think Morrowind may be the worst; it's the one you care for the least out of your collection, not necessarily a bad game. I just wanted to clarify. :P
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
my absolute best xbox game was Halo 2, nothing came close to that for me. it had such awesome online
TabJSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TabJSR
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

My favorite Xbox game is Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, and my least favorite would have to be NFL Blitz Pro. Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes is a fantastic port of one of the best Dreamcast games ever made, and NFL Blitz Pro took out everything that made NFL Blitz fun in the first place. They replaced the void with a new football simulator similar to Madden or NCAA titles.

reifresca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 reifresca
Member since 2010 • 351 Posts
Halo. It was just so much fun back then.
bigbenrfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bigbenrfan99
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

My favorites were Star Wars: Republic Commando, Halo 1, Timesplitters 2, and Project Snowblind (I did play non-FPS too)

I always research games before buying, so there were none that I played that I felt were trash, but Halo 2, Ghost Recon 2, Brute Force, Star Wars: the Clone Wars, and Crimson Skies were disappointing to me.

grizzmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 grizzmoe
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I agree with morrowwind sucking testicles, too blah, too much as for the best, playing halo 1 again was a trip down memory lane, totally unforgettable
bub166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bub166
Member since 2006 • 2607 Posts

Both Halos were great, I liked the first one the most. Now, I played this game on PS2 and not XBOX, but Pirates: Legend of the Black Buckaneer or something like that was completely horrible, and the first level was pretty much broken to the point where it was impossible. Everything about the game was god awful. There was nothing good about it at all. I have heard, however, that it was better on the XBOX, but still bad.

00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts
Halo 2 is the best, Future tactics uprising was the worst I played on the xbox.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

No question, number one is Shenmue 2. I adore that game more then any other, minus the first one.

I didn't play much of the plethora of games for the XBOX, but if I had to pick a least favorite, it'd be Halo 2. I know, shock! While it is a fun game, I can't stand how overrated it is and how pettish people are with this game, especially when playing it on Live :/

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Kubuki Warriors a fighting game that was a launch title for the original Xbox. It was very bad. A rushed out game. It was rated 1.5 or 1.0 out of ten. The graphics could have been done on the PS1 easily. or even on the SNES with the Super FX chip.

Since the original Xbox was the most powerful console of the 6th Generation. Xbox was promoted as the best console of its generation for graphics Kubuki Warriors is a very horrible looking game. Not what the Xbox was supposed to beabout. In 2001 to have a game that was awful graphics wise to showcase the Xbox was not a good idea.

Plus the controls/gameplay/storyline/etc were just bad.

My favorite Xbox game for the exact opposite reasons was the brillant "The Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay" an Original Xbox masterpiece released in 2004. Storyline, Controls, Gameplay and Graphics of Course. Were awesome a great game for Xbox. (I loved Halo 1 and Halo 2 as well but almost everyone would pick those for Xbox 1)

The original Xbox was underated by Microsoft since they killed it off to soon. 4 yearsMS could have made a slimline of the original xboxand sold it along side of Xbox 360.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#44 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

Doom 3 was probably my favorite Xbox game. The worst was probably one of the Sonic titles I picked up for it. I really didn't have many games on the Xbox that I didn't like however.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
Best? Steel Battalion, hands down. It's not often that you see a fairly hardcore simulator on a console (though it would do better on the PC), and it reminds me of a bygone era when game developers in the big studios could still do it for the art. Worst? I can't say I've played a BAD Xbox game per se, but Halo 2 was a bit of a letdown coming from the first game. Something about the gunplay just felt wrong. (On the other hand, vehicles were improved, particularly the tank's controls, and the Banshee isn't as much of a game breaker in multiplayer without its fuel rod gun.)