Whats up with my game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts
Well i have Kingdom Hearts, it has no scratches and is well looked after. I brought it second hand, but in the game it freezes on certain places, the most annoying part is (spoilers) i get to Hollow Bastion, and the cutscene where Ansem tells Riku that his heart can get stronger if he completely absorbs the darkness, after the cutscene it goes black and stays black butthe music comes on. Whats wrong and can i fix it?, i cleaned the disk today and the laser, but to no avail:(
SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
There is a sure fire way to know if it is the disk or the PS2, take the game and your memory card to someone else´s PS2. If the game freezes just the same, is the DVD, but if the game runs fine (and pray that it doesn´t) it means your PS2 is in need of repair.
ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ff-leader
I tried it on both my PS2's and it does the same, but the disc has no scratches whats wrong with it?, and can it be fixed?
SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
A lot of people don´t know this but a scratch on the label side of a disk is worse than on its underside, check if there are nicks or scratches on the label side. It sounds weird but the information written on a cd or dvd does not lie in the surface of the disk, but rather way in the aluminum alloy at the back of the disk. A scratch on the surface may make it difficult for the laser to focus on the information, but if the scratch is in the label side, you´re screwed. Place the disk against a backlight, see if there are any scratches that way. Other than that, you might have a faulty print of the disk, is it warped in any way?
ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ff-leader

A lot of people don´t know this but a scratch on the label side of a disk is worse than on its underside, check if there are nicks or scratches on the label side. It sounds weird but the information written on a cd or dvd does not lie in the surface of the disk, but rather way in the aluminum alloy at the back of the disk. A scratch on the surface may make it difficult for the laser to focus on the information, but if the scratch is in the label side, you´re screwed. Place the disk against a backlight, see if there are any scratches that way. Other than that, you might have a faulty print of the disk, is it warped in any way?SciFiCat

The Disc isn't warped, but if the label side does have a scratch can it be fixed?

tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts

I don't think that you can. Have you looked at the label side?

jongaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 jongaska
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
If there is a scratch on the label side you might try marking it out with a permanent marker or a paint stick.Im not sure but I think the laser uses the label to reflect data.If there was a scratch in the label the laser would pass right through it there by not being able to read the information.I might be wrong.Get a second opinion.
tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts

If there is a scratch on the label side you might try marking it out with a permanent marker or a paint stick.Im not sure but I think the laser uses the label to reflect data.If there was a scratch in the label the laser would pass right throughit there by not being able to read the information.I might be wrong.Get a second opinion.jongaska

Permanent marker?! Your not supposed to write on discs without the special ones.