What's the shortest game you've ever beat?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ThE-JoKeR
Member since 2003 • 7632 Posts
I just played Total Recall for the NES for an episode I'm working on, and I literally beat it in about 25 minutes. I'm stunned. I don't think I've beat any other game that quick. What a piece of junk. So what's the shortest game you ever beat?
Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Another48hours
Member since 2012 • 1970 Posts
I just played Total Recall for the NES for an episode I'm working on, and I literally beat it in about 25 minutes. I'm stunned. I don't think I've beat any other game that quick. What a piece of junk. So what's the shortest game you ever beat?ThE-JoKeR
New Adventure Island in like 10 minutes or so.
ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ThE-JoKeR
[QUOTE="ThE-JoKeR"]I just played Total Recall for the NES for an episode I'm working on, and I literally beat it in about 25 minutes. I'm stunned. I don't think I've beat any other game that quick. What a piece of junk. So what's the shortest game you ever beat?Another48hours

Holy cow pooh! I can't imagine paying 50 bucks for a game back then to only bring it home and beat it around 10 minutes. Even Action 52 was able to provide slightly more entertainment than that. Zeeesh!
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Fighting Force on the PS1 comes to mind. Only a few stages long.

X-Men Mutant Apocalypse SNES is another. There is a couple a levels where all it is is a boss-battle, where it isn't even the real enemies it's a holographic representation of X-Men villains in the Danger Room.

Both are great beat-em up games, though.

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge on Game Boy, as well as Operation C on Game Boy, are both great Konami Game Boy games, but they're also both only 5 stages long.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, yet another great game, also felt short to me. It took me quite a while with the original, and twice as long with RE2 since there's were multiple 2nd playthroughs.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#5 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I recall playing a game (I think I've even played more than just one with this option) where some NPC in the beginning asks you if you are prepared/willing to help to go on a quest, and you just say no and the game is over, in about 5 minutes. I'm trying to figure out what games you can do that in, I can't remember, I do recall doing that before though.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
Legacy of Kain Defiance, beat it in a few hours :P
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

I'm probably wrong, but if I don't include fighting games, I can only think of Streets of Rage 2 atm. It doesn't matter though, because I've played it more than my other games, and it's easily my favorite of all time.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#8 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Do you mean in terms of time for a playthrough? Marble Madness takes just about exactly five minutes to finish. It took me from childhood to college to get good enough to beat it though. A lot of early Game Boy games are really short too.

From sitting down and starting to play to being able to beat it, I dunno... I remember renting a few games as a kid and being able to get good enough to beat them in a weekend. Most of the time these were arcade-style games that had many difficulties though.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Another48hours
[QUOTE="Another48hours"][QUOTE="ThE-JoKeR"]I just played Total Recall for the NES for an episode I'm working on, and I literally beat it in about 25 minutes. I'm stunned. I don't think I've beat any other game that quick. What a piece of junk. So what's the shortest game you ever beat?ThE-JoKeR

Holy cow pooh! I can't imagine paying 50 bucks for a game back then to only bring it home and beat it around 10 minutes. Even Action 52 was able to provide slightly more entertainment than that. Zeeesh!

You have no idea how mad I was. I lost like 2 lives. It was terrible. Not to mention the beginning stages music made me want to decapitate people. Oh, and I paid $70 for it. Because the random game store (Forgot what it was called.) advertised it was "INNOVATION! WELL ANIMATED, HOURS OF ENJOYMENT!, HATERS OF THE FIRST ADVENTURE ISLAND HAVE NOT PLAYED ADVENTURE ISLAND YET" The last one made me laugh, because I am pretty sure I played it. "NO GAME HAS HAD THE STYLE OF THIS GAME" Yet isn't the series ripped off of Wonder Boy EXACTLY AS IS? But then it said something about"BRANCHING PATHS! DOZENS OF HOURS OF GAMEPLAY. SO MANY WAYS TO PLAY. That last one. I was so mad. It was all BS. There were no branching alternate paths making multiple ways to play. Heck, if I play the game 5 times in a row just for the heck of it it's sill not even 1 hour. THE LIES!!!!!!!
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Spyro: The Dragon in 4 hourse.. 100% game completion.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Sega Bass Fishing 15-minutes

KudoS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KudoS17
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts

Naruto Clash Of Ninja

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Godzilla: Animated Series on the GBC in one sitting, so around 45 minutes or so. Also beat Turtles in Time with a friend in around 20 minutes.

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Another48hours
Oh I forgot, Keith Courage in Alpha zones in like 8 minutes.
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

I recall playing a game (I think I've even played more than just one with this option) where some NPC in the beginning asks you if you are prepared/willing to help to go on a quest, and you just say no and the game is over, in about 5 minutes. I'm trying to figure out what games you can do that in, I can't remember, I do recall doing that before though.Dudersaper

I remember a game like that. On the PSP, it was some game that kind of looked like Zelda and was supposed to be funny or something.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Dino Crisis 2
rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

Tomorrow Never Dies - PS1

beat it in about 1 hr 30 mins

, I took my time :P but if you do this

*SPOILERS* Select Select Circle Circle Select Circle (pause screen on every mission) it will speed things up :P

I'd love to hear someone's reaction to when they do this :P

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
I can beat Super Mario Brothers in under 10 minutes, but that's only through warp pipes. Other than that, I remember renting Yoshi's Island and beating it in a weekend. There are other games like Duck Tales on NES, and Donkey Kong Country that weren't too difficult to beat quickly.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I recall playing a game (I think I've even played more than just one with this option) where some NPC in the beginning asks you if you are prepared/willing to help to go on a quest, and you just say no and the game is over, in about 5 minutes. I'm trying to figure out what games you can do that in, I can't remember, I do recall doing that before though.

Rambo on NES has a choice like that at the very beginning :)
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I can beat Pokemon Snap in 20 minutes now at 100%. I still find it extremely fun, though.

ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThE-JoKeR
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I recall playing a game (I think I've even played more than just one with this option) where some NPC in the beginning asks you if you are prepared/willing to help to go on a quest, and you just say no and the game is over, in about 5 minutes. I'm trying to figure out what games you can do that in, I can't remember, I do recall doing that before though.

Rambo for the NES was sort of like that. It started with a question if you wanted to stay in prison or not. I believe it warned you if you chose prison that the game won't start until you say yes.
ThE-JoKeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ThE-JoKeR
[QUOTE="Another48hours"][QUOTE="ThE-JoKeR"][QUOTE="Another48hours"] New Adventure Island in like 10 minutes or so.

You have no idea how mad I was. I lost like 2 lives. It was terrible. Not to mention the beginning stages music made me want to decapitate people. Oh, and I paid $70 for it. Because the random game store (Forgot what it was called.) advertised it was "INNOVATION! WELL ANIMATED, HOURS OF ENJOYMENT!, HATERS OF THE FIRST ADVENTURE ISLAND HAVE NOT PLAYED ADVENTURE ISLAND YET" The last one made me laugh, because I am pretty sure I played it. "NO GAME HAS HAD THE STYLE OF THIS GAME" Yet isn't the series ripped off of Wonder Boy EXACTLY AS IS? But then it said something about"BRANCHING PATHS! DOZENS OF HOURS OF GAMEPLAY. SO MANY WAYS TO PLAY. That last one. I was so mad. It was all BS. There were no branching alternate paths making multiple ways to play. Heck, if I play the game 5 times in a row just for the heck of it it's sill not even 1 hour. THE LIES!!!!!!!

lol Man...
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
in recent memory....Limbo. Sat down thinking i was playin this amazing award winning game, that i beat in less then 1.5hours, and never touched it again. Lost in Shadow for wii is way better.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Hard to say, most beat em ups and shmups are really short and I've played a lot of them. Games that come to mind are Turtles in Time and Metal Slug.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
deactivated-5b19dc46a4767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
Member since 2012 • 118 Posts
King Kong the Movie DS for pete's sake... Don't ask why I bought this game. Lasted 1 hour. What a piece of junk!
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#26 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

In terms of full-priced games, my first playthrough of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune clocked in at about 3 hours and 40 minutes.

Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
I always remember MK Armageddon beating it in about 2 hours I think ? And wanting to take it back.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#28 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Super Mario Bros in about 15 minutes

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I always remember MK Armageddon beating it in about 2 hours I think ? And wanting to take it back.silentnightmere

Well, fighting games in general are short games. Should those really count here?

Another48hours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Another48hours

[QUOTE="silentnightmere"]I always remember MK Armageddon beating it in about 2 hours I think ? And wanting to take it back.Emerald_Warrior

Well, fighting games in general are short games. Should those really count here?

Have you played Deception? Or GG2 (Although is GG2 even considered a fighting game?)