What's the quickest you've ever given up on a game?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

Either from frustration or disgust.

For me, it was Sonic and the Secret Rings - from both frustration and disgust. Truly awful; I couldn't bear the thought of spending another minute with it, so I returned the thing after half an hour of play.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
MGS3 for me.. The gameplay was just soo boring. Cool cutscenes though :D
Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Pegasus_Shade
Member since 2005 • 897 Posts
5 minutes - GTA sa At least Vice gave me an hour of wasted time
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~Crackdown. I left the building, shot some people, then turned it off.~-~
Tiberius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tiberius
Member since 2002 • 1713 Posts
After 1 hour of Suikoden III, the controller fell from my hands and the game was shelved with permanent intent.
Hyper_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hyper_52
Member since 2005 • 1340 Posts
Def Jam Icon on PS3.  Didnt even finish the first fight. Grand total play time of about 80 seconds. I will never, ever play that game again.
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
Smackdown vs Raw 2006.  About 10 minutes of that was enough for me to realise I could never get into a wrestling game
tomxizor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tomxizor
Member since 2004 • 11767 Posts
Ninja Gaiden. Too damn frustrating for me; turned it off after the zeppelin boss.
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts
I tried some Mortal Kombat games, usually playing them for 5 minutes and then letting them collect dust.
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

5 minutes - GTA sa At least Vice gave me an hour of wasted timePegasus_Shade

lol, thats abt how long i gta sa for and then putting it aside, ... well maybe a bit longer than 5min.. anyway the game is just too boring.

Codename_MnM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Codename_MnM
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts

The Movies, I played the tutorial and haven't touch it again.

I might play it somtimes in the future though.

spyrodrag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 spyrodrag4
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts
oni on the ps2.....awful...
NinjaBlade753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 NinjaBlade753
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
PacMan World for PS2 that game was crap. 10 minutes of crappy controlling was perhaps too much.
PAJ89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#14 PAJ89
Member since 2003 • 2020 Posts
TotemBall, ten minutes, disgust.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
Project Gothem Racing 3:  I put it in, did a few races, and was bored out of my mind.  Ever since then, it has just been sitting there amongst my collection of infinitely better games.
brittoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brittoss
Member since 2004 • 1028 Posts

oni on the ps2.....awful...spyrodrag4

Second that one. Truely an absolutely awful game that I gave up on after the tut.

Other games of note.

Brute Force on Xbox. Shudder......10 mins and returned it.

Timesplitters(The first one). Gave me the worst motion sickness I've ever experienced and had me praying to the porcelin gods in 45 seconds.

nweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 nweasel
Member since 2005 • 240 Posts

I would say that I always give games at least a week before I truly give up on it...

It was one week. .hack the first one. Bleh. 

Toaster_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Toaster_Cell
Member since 2006 • 3062 Posts
Ninja Gaiden......
martinoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 martinoob
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
I totally agree with Sonic secret rings, worst game ive played in a long time, i was disgusted with it after 10mins.
RicanNerd189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RicanNerd189
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

oni on the ps2.....awful...spyrodrag4

**** Oni was hard! After the first 10 mins I gave up.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146078 Posts
[QUOTE="Pegasus_Shade"]5 minutes - GTA sa At least Vice gave me an hour of wasted time

If you weren't a fan of Vice City what made you think you would like San Andreas any better:? Or are you still trying to figure out what kind of games you like?
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

Ninja Gaiden. Too damn frustrating for me; turned it off after the zeppelin boss. tomxizor

You should keep at it. It's one of the best, most fulfilling games of last-gen. Myself? I played 20 minutes of Devil May Cry 2 then turned off the console and put the disk away. What a terrible game.

martinoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 martinoob

Oni was the first game I ever played on my ps2 6 or 7 years ago and loved it, played all the way through it. If i took off my rose tinted glasses and went back to it now though i imagine it would be horrible.

Ninja gaiden is one of my all time fave games, just the right side of frustrating to me, that one more go type ethos.

But like another poster said, i've never got into any of the devil may crys. Too frustrating for me and i just give up on them.

The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Pig_Hostage

I totally agree with Sonic secret rings, worst game ive played in a long time, i was disgusted with it after 10mins.martinoob

Glad I'm not alone. I'm very, very puzzled by the people who say it's a revival for the Sonic series... 

The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Pig_Hostage

Oni was the first game I ever played on my ps2 6 or 7 years ago and loved it, played all the way through it. If i took off my rose tinted glasses and went back to it now though i imagine it would be horrible.

Ninja gaiden is one of my all time fave games, just the right side of frustrating to me, that one more go type ethos.

But like another poster said, i've never got into any of the devil may crys. Too frustrating for me and i just give up on them.

martinoob

Yeah me too. I tried DMC and just didn't get what all the fuss about. Seemed like a frustrating mess to me. 

martinoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 martinoob

[QUOTE="martinoob"]I totally agree with Sonic secret rings, worst game ive played in a long time, i was disgusted with it after 10mins.The_Pig_Hostage

Glad I'm not alone. I'm very, very puzzled by the people who say it's a revival for the Sonic series... 

I didnt think it could get any worse than the abysmal sonic the hedgehog on 360 but alas sega has surprised me again with utter rubbish that is secret rings. Ive given up all hope for sonic now. I'll just keep him as a fond memory from my megadrive days.

The wii seemed the perfect platform to revive the blue bugger too, but sega screwed up big time.

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5345 Posts
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips. I played it for about 30 minutes, and traded it in right away.
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Pig_Hostage
[QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]

[QUOTE="martinoob"]I totally agree with Sonic secret rings, worst game ive played in a long time, i was disgusted with it after 10mins.martinoob

I didnt think it could get any worse than the abysmal sonic the hedgehog on 360 but alas sega has surprised me again with utter rubbish that is secret rings. Ive given up all hope for sonic now. I'll just keep him as a fond memory from my megadrive days.

The wii seemed the perfect platform to revive the blue bugger too, but sega screwed up big time.

Hey, there's still Sonic Rush! 

martinoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 martinoob
[QUOTE="martinoob"][QUOTE="The_Pig_Hostage"]

[QUOTE="martinoob"]I totally agree with Sonic secret rings, worst game ive played in a long time, i was disgusted with it after 10mins.The_Pig_Hostage

Hey, there's still Sonic Rush! 

i agree rush and the sonic advance games were great, hell even the neogeo pocket sonic game was great but apart from sonic adventure on dreamcast his 3d outings have been awful.

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pegasus_Shade
Member since 2005 • 897 Posts
[QUOTE="double_decker"][QUOTE="Pegasus_Shade"]5 minutes - GTA sa At least Vice gave me an hour of wasted time

If you weren't a fan of Vice City what made you think you would like San Andreas any better:? Or are you still trying to figure out what kind of games you like?

lol I didnt bother actually buying the game, just hiring And yes, I dont conform to these games which get wayyyy too much attention for nothing GTA 1+2 pwns any other GTA game in the series
cjdaweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cjdaweasel
Member since 2004 • 1560 Posts

[QUOTE="spyrodrag4"]oni on the ps2.....awful...RicanNerd189

**** Oni was hard! After the first 10 mins I gave up.

The saddest part? It was made by Bungie and Rockstar. Ouch. 

L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
FF12 i gave up on it after 12 hours... it was boring
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
DMC 3 after 3 hours of trying a multi amount of times and not getting past 2nd level bosses I said forget it. Too frustrating.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
2 and a half minutes on TMNT.
csgamer7399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 csgamer7399
Member since 2004 • 930 Posts

After 1 hour of Suikoden III, the controller fell from my hands and the game was shelved with permanent intent.Tiberius

Suikoden iii was a great rpg, to each his own i guess.

csgamer7399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 csgamer7399
Member since 2004 • 930 Posts
i think i played the sims on the ps2 for about 5 minutes.
Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#37 Jedo
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts

I always try and finish the game no matter how bad it gets. At least if I give it a bad review later I can honestly say to have seen the whole thing. There were a few exceptions however:

1.  Rainbow Six Lockdown, after a few hours. Reason: disgust, after realising just how shallow and broken the game was compared to a normal Rainbow Six game

2. Prince of Persia Two Thrones. The last battle was so hard that at the thought of how much time I will have to spend to get it right, repating the same sequence of keys over and over and over again, I just turned the game off and forgot about it. I'm so happy the old days of simplistic arcade games are over. If I played some of those games now, I would go so mad that I'd start a killing spree outside my home. Death to the repetitive gameplay!

3. Rsident Evil Nemesis. During one of the early boss fights the bad controls pissed me off so much that I think I kind of kicked the PS and it kind of broke. That was at the very end of my PS era.

4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. about 30 minutes, from boredom and annoyance. I think it was...I got a game not realising that I was already tired of THPS series.

5. City Life. about 30 minutes, boredom. Somehow I got my hopes up that this would be more interesting than SimCity 4. It was much less interetsing. Maybe I'm just over SimCity-like gameplay.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
The Superman game for the N64. I played that for about 15 minutes before realising there was nothing to do. Completely terrible game. There should be a law agains't people making Superman games. For some reason they all suck.
bawa_almighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 bawa_almighty
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

Ninja Gaiden. Too damn frustrating for me; turned it off after the zeppelin boss. tomxizor

yeah man zeppelin boss.which number was he? the game takes too much concentration.i havent given up on it just play it once a month progess like an hour into the game then put in sumthin a little "casual" to just chill.

bawa_almighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bawa_almighty

I always try and finish the game no matter how bad it gets. At least if I give it a bad review later I can honestly say to have seen the whole thing. There were a few exceptions however:

1.  Rainbow Six Lockdown, after a few hours. Reason: disgust, after realising just how shallow and broken the game was compared to a normal Rainbow Six game

2. Prince of Persia Two Thrones. The last battle was so hard that at the thought of how much time I will have to spend to get it right, repating the same sequence of keys over and over and over again, I just turned the game off and forgot about it. I'm so happy the old days of simplistic arcade games are over. If I played some of those games now, I would go so mad that I'd start a killing spree outside my home. Death to the repetitive gameplay!

3. Rsident Evil Nemesis. During one of the early boss fights the bad controls pissed me off so much that I think I kind of kicked the PS and it kind of broke. That was at the very end of my PS era.

4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4. about 30 minutes, from boredom and annoyance. I think it was...I got a game not realising that I was already tired of THPS series.

5. City Life. about 30 minutes, boredom. Somehow I got my hopes up that this would be more interesting than SimCity 4. It was much less interetsing. Maybe I'm just over SimCity-like gameplay.

Jedo

dude u talking about the vizier in a bee like wingy thing?the only thing i ahted about that battle was the stupid blocks and the second part.you hit one and a whole chunk of your life goes.and the sequence where you have to swing from pole to pole was bad too but i masterd itmy 12th time.lol.any ways i felt the battle with the swordsman and axe dude was super tough.i coudnt get thier weakness .that boss was crazy.

bawa_almighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bawa_almighty
[QUOTE="martinoob"]

But like another poster said, i've never got into any of the devil may crys. Too frustrating for me and i just give up on them.

The_Pig_Hostage

Yeah me too. I tried DMC and just didn't get what all the fuss about. Seemed like a frustrating mess to me. 

ya i never like dmc either.tried the 3rd one(special edition) i hated it.one area and hundred of guys just respawning.it was horrible not because it was tough i just couldnt like it.

ArneZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 ArneZ
Member since 2005 • 604 Posts
I playd Charlies Angels on PS2 for about 1 min. then i sold it....
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Pig_Hostage

FF12 i gave up on it after 12 hours... it was boringL8erSquare

12 hours is the quickest you've ever given up on a game?

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19794 Posts
Sonic Shuffle on the DC, so many awful load times and sub load times that I never got around to the playable portion. A close 2nd is psychic force 2012, also on the DC, lasted about 2 hours.
august_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 august_king
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts
50 cent's bulletproof. A friend of mine brought it over the day after it came out. He was so hyped, he thought it was going to be awesome. I got to play it first since it was my Xbox, halfway through the first level I handed him my controller in disgust. Man that game sucked!
martinoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 martinoob

[QUOTE="L8erSquare"]FF12 i gave up on it after 12 hours... it was boringThe_Pig_Hostage

12 hours is the quickest you've ever given up on a game?

LOL. I guess thats quick in RPG terms...

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Stieuweneeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Stieuweneeg
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
One of the first Final Fantasy games... I didn't even play it because the intro took so long, so I turned it off before the end of the clip...
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
One of the first Final Fantasy games... I didn't even play it because the intro took so long, so I turned it off before the end of the clip...Stieuweneeg
So you judged that the game would be bad because the intro was too long? That's pretty stupid if you ask me.
Jedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#50 Jedo
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts
[QUOTE="Jedo"]

bawa_almighty

dude u talking about the vizier in a bee like wingy thing?the only thing i ahted about that battle was the stupid blocks and the second part.you hit one and a whole chunk of your life goes.and the sequence where you have to swing from pole to pole was bad too but i masterd itmy 12th time.lol.any ways i felt the battle with the swordsman and axe dude was super tough.i coudnt get thier weakness .that boss was crazy.

Yeah, the vizier fight and yes, that one part where he shoots stuff as you climb. I just found it to be too... hard 90s repetitive arcade shooter.